PDA

View Full Version : hard pack tires

fasterz
02-22-2004, 06:48 AM
i no i no i did a search but most of the info in the threads wasnt really usfull. well i race MX so i am in need of a 20in tire up front. i like the look of the razr mx's but dirtwheels said they sucked on a stock quad but they MAY do good on a lowered race quad, and yes i have a lowered race quad, so would they be good on hardpacked? i race at atco in new jersey if any of you know what its like. or how about the klaw fronts, how are they in hardpacked? or the holeshot mx front but alot of people said they really pushed at atco. some times a few of the turns get loose also. last season i ran radials up front and grooved tamers in the rear, they worked ok but they didnt really hook up to much in the rear and the fronts would some times push sooo much or they would hook up and i wasnt ready and they would spin me out because i would be over steering trying to compensate for the push. also from those choices (razr mx, klaw) what would be good for the rear in these conditions? thanks alot

250rider
02-22-2004, 08:00 AM
many of my friends run the razr mx's at atco raceway and they get good hook up from them tires, i also know some ppl that run klaws, tamers and they all work really good, tamers r good for hard packed surfaces.

fasterz
02-22-2004, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by 250rider
many of my friends run the razr mx's at atco raceway and they get good hook up from them tires, i also know some ppl that run klaws, tamers and they all work really good, tamers r good for hard packed surfaces.
are you talkin about the front razrs or rear or both? thanks

WalshKFX
02-22-2004, 06:38 PM
ive run razr mx tires on a completely stock kfx400. the werre the best tires i had. they hooked up ,mint and barely wore down. i bought brand new razrs for my mx quad which is very low and i know they are gonna be nice on that quad. people have asked me why razr? simply the best in any condition.

4wheelboy
02-22-2004, 07:15 PM
fasterz - wut class will u be running at atco. i may run a few and wut kind of quad do u ride:confused:

fasterz
02-23-2004, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by 4wheelboy
fasterz - wut class will u be running at atco. i may run a few and wut kind of quad do u ride:confused:
i run 4stk b and i ride a z400...u?