PDA

View Full Version : saw a 450r today

Martin Blair
02-21-2004, 11:00 PM
went to the dealer and got to look at it frame looks close to the 400ex they had it right beside the yfz and the trx looked alot more simple for matinece, it ws sold so i couldnt get on it and we couldnt try it out.

robman
02-22-2004, 12:24 AM
I sat on the 450r yesterday,it was next to the yfz too.Felt way more comfortable and softer shocks,the yfz was next to it too,felt like sitting on concrete.I,ve got 2 hrs ride time on yfz,handles opposite of my ex,you steer more with the rear end and its too snappy for my style.The Honda carves a tighter turn and its got smoother power.Don't like kickstart but its a natural progression for me to get the 450r.Will make a decission in May.

RED121572
02-22-2004, 10:12 AM
I havent seen one yet!:eek:

4fiddyR
02-22-2004, 04:48 PM
I love mine, only complaints I have is two, stock gearing to tall for the woods. I'm gonna try and cure that with a full exhaust system next month,and maybe a sprocket but I doubt it. and the stock tires don't like the mud. Very hard steering downhill in muddy trails, it's like your on ski's. They pack up, (The fronts) and your holding on for the ride.
I got Razr 2's for the rear, I got to get them mouted up on stock rims. But I'm leaning towards bandits for the front in the woods.
RazR Mx'ers for the track!
All in all awsome bike, kickstart not a problem, and I was very skeptical! Glad I waited and bought it.

4fiddyR
02-22-2004, 04:49 PM
I love mine, only complaints I have is two, stock gearing to tall for the woods. I'm gonna try and cure that with a full exhaust system next month,and maybe a sprocket but I doubt it. and the stock tires don't like the mud. Very hard steering downhill in muddy trails, it's like your on ski's. They pack up, (The fronts) and your holding on for the ride.
I got Razr 2's for the rear, I got to get them mouted up on stock rims. But I'm leaning towards bandits for the front in the woods.
All in all awsome bike, kickstart not a problem, and I was very skeptical! Glad I waited and bought it.

4fiddyR
02-22-2004, 04:50 PM

Out_Sider
02-22-2004, 05:35 PM
dude.....hit the button ONE time

4fiddyR
02-22-2004, 07:45 PM
Sorry I have no idea what happened! :huh :huh :huh