PDA

View Full Version : need technical help!!!!!!!!

quadman22
02-21-2004, 10:16 PM
not sure if this is the right section but i'll post anyways. Im aksing for help from anyone who has taken their WHOLE motor apart... after i replaced my countershaft i put all the gears and everything back together, the shift forks are in the shift drum but the problem is, it wont shift thorugh the gears( this might be normal but im not sure) . Is this because the motor isn't all back together and it will work after it is or did i do something wrong? please relpy is you have ANY idea... thanks

-Dan

quadman22
02-22-2004, 10:13 AM
c'mon guys, i really need help:( :( :( :(

turnandburn
02-22-2004, 05:15 PM
if it is like a 250x you just put the shift gear in the wrong position on the shift drum, just line the pin up and push from the other side to keep it seated and tighten down may take a few times hope this helps:)

turnandburn
02-22-2004, 05:15 PM
if it is like a 250x you just put the shift gear in the wrong position on the shift drum, just line the pin up and push from the other side to keep it seated and tighten down may take a few times hope this helps:)

xcracer416
02-23-2004, 11:13 AM
ive replaced mine and you have to oil it(soak it) for it to work right. thats if you tried it before you put the motor back in