PDA

View Full Version : Question Exaust and what jet I need, and aabout a Cam??

Silver400EXinBR
02-21-2004, 08:12 PM
I would like to know about my bike. I just got a bike bout 2 weeks ago. a 2001 model 400ex in still showroom floor condition. I knew the guy persoanlly and it might hve 10 hours on th bike. I got all the receits on what he got into it. It has Yoshimera or how ever u spell it full exaust, stainless headers and pipe with it. A 155 jet on the bike. Thats it really didnt help out any and what is the right jet I need for the bike. some people tell me its too big and other tell me too small.. What exactly do I need to out in it. I am also intrested in sticking a cam into it. Which one would be best to pep it a good bit for the exaust to actually do something. They say that exaust on a completly stock bike actually hurts it than helping it until u get a little motor work. So what cam should I go with .. I know a good friend just got a bike. He has curtis sparks header and pipe, a hot cam, and a curtis sparks rev box and its really fast. He is beating 416's bike like by 8 bikes. so all the advise on this would be greatly appreciated. I also got all new silver maier plastics with The new red factory effex graphic kit w seat cover on the way. Will have pics up soon. thanks yall......

400EXcrazy
02-21-2004, 09:26 PM
if u want to get a cam i would get a high compression piston with it. i just got a 416 je piston kit and a stage 2 hotcam in mine and LOVE IT:D

mustang93
02-22-2004, 06:12 AM
I would put an aftermarket air filter on and leave that jet in there thats what alot of guys are running, the only way to know if its the correct size jet is doing plug chops, the how to info is on this site I dont remeber where exactly but I think its on the home page

Silver400EXinBR
02-22-2004, 08:32 AM
I do have an aftermarket filter and it really isnt cutting it. For that 700 dollars, that bike should be faster but it just sounds good now, still feels like stock and no power it should have.