PDA

View Full Version : f150 question

250EXking
02-21-2004, 06:47 PM
dont bash the ford, i like all truck, but i have a 94 f150. the oil pan gasket is leaking, ive been looking for a price for a gasket, can find it. if i do how much do u think it would be, my mechanice said 300-400 dollars for them to fix it, thats why i want to try to do it myself, thanks for any info.

kyle

killed300ex
02-21-2004, 07:25 PM
i doupt it would be that hard. get up under there and look to see if anything is in the way of droping the pan. If there isnt i would say it wont take more than an hour or two to do at most. Maybe even less. All u would have to do is drain the oil then undo the bolts to drop the pan clean up the gasket area install the new one and bolt everything back together and add oil. I think the mechanic is ripping you of time to find a new mechanic.
killed

250EXking
02-21-2004, 08:50 PM
thx

thats what i was thinking, im not the most mech person, i'll figure it out. but thx for the info. i think i just need a new gasket now.:D

RobbRacer
02-21-2004, 09:00 PM
you can also get washers for each of your pan bolts and put them on and it will make it seal better if you do not want to spend the money to buy a new gasket

LTandRaptorider
02-21-2004, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by killed300ex
i doupt it would be that hard. get up under there and look to see if anything is in the way of droping the pan. If there isnt i would say it wont take more than an hour or two to do at most. Maybe even less. All u would have to do is drain the oil then undo the bolts to drop the pan clean up the gasket area install the new one and bolt everything back together and add oil. I think the mechanic is ripping you of time to find a new mechanic.
killed

$300-400! :eek2: You're right, his mechanic is trying to bend him over. It's been a while, but I had a 93 F-150 I replaced the oil pan gasket on... I think the gasket was around $20? :confused: If I remember correctly, all the bolts are accessible.