PDA

View Full Version : 450r accesories

dirtriderex
02-21-2004, 06:26 AM
I'm ordering a load of stuff pretty soon. I had DG stuff all around my ex, but I wanna try something with a better design. what brand of nerfs, skids and exhaust are designed good. Are the HMF nerfs any good. Thanks Ryan

rtyfz450
02-21-2004, 09:14 AM
I like ac racing nerfs they work good for me and I also like their skids. They hold up pretty well to abuse and the finish quality is really good. I would suggest that you go to a dealer or atv store so you can see the nerfs and skids in person because it is very hard to tell quality in a magazine or on the internet. there are also some options that you have to consider. Do you want the footpegs to be part of the nerfs? to you want them to include a rear foot guard or use the stock ones? There is a ton of variation out there.

for exhaust I like hmf good quality good price but I would go for a sparks pipe or esr(when its out) or ct(ugly but makes power) if you are looking for straight performance and quality that matches it. If you are looking for something inexpensive that has quality and good power and ride at a place with noise restictions then I would consider the white brothers e2 its only $259 meets the AMA and U.S.F.S standards and it doesn't cut power. Granted it probably will be about 1-2 hp above the stock top end ( like almost anything else) but it makes good torque and broadens the power range and the power cure has always been really smooth and good pulling on the bikes that I have ridden with it. I have not ridden a trx450r with one but have had experience with 400ex, z400 and others. Just my 2 cents though.

Hawk III
02-21-2004, 10:30 AM
I don't know if anybody has seen the new LRD nerfs yet, but imo they are the most incredible nerf I have ever seen (a buddy just got in his new LRD alum frame for an r last week) I wish they had a pic of them up on their website. They look somewhat like an ac nerf, but the aluminum they use and the gusseting is 10 fold over ac, then the best part, the peg itself, is similar to a ims footpeg only it's 1 more rung bigger :eek2: I even have a set of ac that just came in for my new r, but they are coming off as soon as the new LRD's come in!!!!!!!!

dirtriderex
02-22-2004, 08:30 PM
for the exhaust does anyone reccomend the header too. B/C the ex header was fine with just a slip-on.

450rboy
02-22-2004, 09:07 PM
well i would go with ac nerf bars, grab bar, skid plate, and front bumper. i got all that stuff from ac. and there pretty good to. i got all my stuff off and ebay. and they were brand new on there. and they cost about $20 lest usually. but i think ant thing will do good for you.

i got a yamaha warrior and i put that stuff on it. but i am getting a 450r very soon.

and for a pipe. anything would do good. i got a whitebrothers pipe on my 4 wheeler and it works fine. but i think if you get any thing. get the full system(header,pipe). it should help out a little more with the header