PDA

View Full Version : Cheap Performance Mods

K2Snow
02-21-2004, 01:55 AM
I apologize for the thread, as it is probably very common but I didn't ahve much luck with the search. Anyway, I'm looking for some relatively cheap mods for a '03 300EX. I don't want to spend a lot, as I plan on upgrading by the Fall. However, I can't keep sitting on this stock 300 for that long. The thing is wayyyy to slow and I need some decent gains. WHat are some cheap mods that are relatively easy to install? Does anyone know if a dealership will dial in jetting for me? I have no clue how to jet a bike and I have nobody to teach me, internet tutorials don't do the job. Will a slip-on pipe give me a good increase or am i going to have to go with a full exhaust. Somebody please enlighten me, thanks in advance.

hondarider2006
02-21-2004, 02:20 AM
curtis sparks x-6, k&n filter, and re-jet should do you for now. If not curtis sparks, than HMF will be a good choice also. Good luck:macho

mustang93
02-21-2004, 07:11 AM
if you dont want to jet try the white brothers e series slipon you wont be able to run max discs without rejeting though

deathman53
02-22-2004, 09:01 AM
also try adjusting the slack in the thumb throttle so the carb opens all the way, grind the ugly welds in the headers(there is a noticable lib in the header where it bolts to the head, alot of people use a 400ex carb, those can be found cheap. you probably could also put a aftermarket tip on the stock silencer. the carb and tip should cost under $100 combined with the grinding of the welds and adjusting the slack on the thumb should be a noticable difference.

Jake250ex
02-24-2004, 06:03 PM
have a local machine shop shave your head about .40, gut the stock silencer, make it competely hollow and shorten it around 4 inches. Then cut everything out of the endcap and bolt the encap back on. Take off your airox lid and put a $2 main jet in the carb

spud400ex
02-24-2004, 07:17 PM
a supertrapp ids2 is only $170 and gives good power increases. remove the airbox lid and rejet and youll get pretty good increases.

Martin Blair
02-24-2004, 07:38 PM
what are you looking to sopend for prob 250 you can put a hot cam and hi comp piston in. for another 400 you can get a slipon 400ex carb, filter and rejet