PDA

View Full Version : 250x motor questions

wheeltrax
02-20-2004, 11:21 PM
Alright, I am looking for some mods for my 250x to make it have more overall power. I was looking for a hot cam for it, but havnt been able to find anyone that carries it, do they not make one for the 250x? And also, i was looking at a Wiseco Hi-comp piston, but i dont want to run on race gas because i run on the trails alot and no one on the trails sells race gas. Plus i dont have the money to fork out for the race gas. So would i need to run race gas or would i be just fine with the 92-93 octane pump gas? I want to do something for the engine, but i have yet to come up with a plan....thanks everyone.

bradley300
02-21-2004, 12:31 AM
it all depends on how much oney you want to spend. for a cam, any company that makes a cam for a 300ex, also makes one for the 250x, its the same part. as long as you dont go above 11:1 compression, you will not need race gas.\

look in the links section for gthunder, tell them what youhave to spend, and he will make sure you get the most of your mney, you will not be dissapointed with them!

kicken250x
02-21-2004, 10:42 PM
i have a 12.5:1 comp piston in my 250x and i run 93 with some octane booster and it runs strong with no detination. check out www.powroll.com their some good boys up there they know what they are talking about they will hook u right up