PDA

View Full Version : Wheelies

mxrider666
02-20-2004, 07:47 PM
This is gonna sound dumb, but whats the secret to doin wheelies?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:devious: Too much $hit to add.

250EXking
02-20-2004, 08:03 PM
find ur gear, and the most important part is finding ur balance point. depending on ur bike, if it has power, like my 250ex, hehe just joking, you can usually gas it and pull on the bars and sit back and go, shift as u go. something with a clutch maybe feather it or just nail the gas, some back, find the balance point and watch ahead of you...

beak7707
02-20-2004, 08:07 PM
You have to have good throtle control. When the front feels like its getting heavy you need to open it up, when it feels to high you have to let off. You need to find a ballance point and then use the thortle from there.

300 Hundy
02-20-2004, 11:44 PM
1. get going in a slow roll in second gear.
2. put your left foot in grab bar(dont matter if you right or left handed, left foot goes in the grab bar so your right foot can cover the rear brake)
3. when ur rolling in second at about 5 mph, gas it hard and pull back on the bars.

dont worry abbut shifting yet if ur just startin out. It will take sometime before u'll be able to roll them out far b/c you'll have to get used to the falling back feeling. I say about a day of practice and you'll be able to put some distance on them wheelies.

www.stuntlife.com if your into stunting your quad, make an account and check out the quad/atv forums, you'll learn alot

K2Snow
02-21-2004, 01:16 AM
Whatever you do, do NOT hold the gas when shifting. For example, let's sya you're cruising down the beach in 3rd gear. You decide to shift into fourth without using the clutch. You are at about 3/4 throttle, you switch into 4th, and the bike loops faster than you can say, "i fuc*ked up". i speak from experience... find the balance point, let off of gas, and THEN shift into fourth, trust me.

Oxbow Jimmah
02-21-2004, 07:12 AM
Brake control is the most important thing to learn when trying to wheelie. It will save your *** about 90% of the time from wrecking. Throttle control just keeps you going forward, but that totally becomes useless if you start trying coasters or no handers.

Juggalo
02-21-2004, 10:01 AM
the secret is practice practice practice

MotoX3
02-21-2004, 12:10 PM
dont put ur foot on the grab bar....i think it makes u look like a goon....especially on something with good power like a 400(if thats what u have)

Fitzy
02-21-2004, 01:46 PM
break, throttle and practice

kamikaze_rzrbak
02-21-2004, 04:33 PM
can i hurt my clutch if im doing to many wheelies at one time, cause i will use my clutch to wheelie, you know idle then throttle then release the clutch

hondafreestyler
02-21-2004, 07:56 PM
advice ...
brake ... its your friend ...
throttle ... learn it ...
most of all ... SEAT TIME

it dosn't help the clutch man ...

garett
02-22-2004, 06:43 AM
you shouldnt have to use clutch to do wheelies i roll into them in second no clutch at all hands off if needed gas a lil then let off and roll back on it quickly just my 2cents

eastcnty300
02-22-2004, 10:47 PM
It is easier to learn if you practice on slight uphills.
If your quad has a lot of power and you are sitting while wheelying, hold on tight because its easy to slide off the seat.

Some of my friends cheat because they have six-pack racks that act as wheelie bars.

Rebelrider4OOex
02-23-2004, 07:39 AM
if u got sometihng powerful u dont need a clutch like some1 up there already said just floor it and pull back if u ariad of messing up ur clutch or sprockets

PA440exRider
02-23-2004, 11:28 AM
Well when i had my 250 recon i would always pop the clutch out of 2nd then ride them. I recently tore it apart to rebuild it and the cenfresical clutch was ****ed up. Please dont pop the clutch if u dont want to spend money. But now i have a 440ex and i can pull up in 1, 2, 3, 4 but 5th i have to stand on the wheelie bar.

PA440exRider
02-23-2004, 11:35 AM
Just besure not to pop the clutch alot. i did it all the time on the recon and now im kicking my self over it. I had to spend my own money on it. Around 450 for the cenf. clutch valves and bearings, and a new axle. If it doesnt have alot of power i suggest hittin a bump or riding one up a hill starting in 1st or 2nd. If u have a wheelie bar or racks u can stand on it then sit back down when it is up.

hunda400ex
02-29-2004, 06:58 PM
yeah once you learn how to do a wheelie then you can do tricks. I have gotten pretty good but here are some pics of when i first started out doin freestyle:

http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4287594757

JLanphear
02-29-2004, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by hunda400ex
yeah once you learn how to do a wheelie then you can do tricks. I have gotten pretty good but here are some pics of when i first started out doin freestyle:

http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4287594757

When you coming to ride with us? :macho

hunda400ex
03-01-2004, 07:30 PM
u think im good enough? bc god i would love to ride wiht you guys i have always wanted too. MY winter rebuild is not going good bc i gotta fix my sled first, the viper cant take it like the 400ex can. ONce i got that fix my 4116 ex will be done and ready!

Nausty
03-02-2004, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by Juggalo
the secret is practice practice practice

jugs got it right

we can give pointers here and there but you can't make up for practice.

Don't use the clutch to pop it up. Just put your foot in the wheelie bar for a while and learn that way and you'll figure it out in time how to do it other ways.

Beleive me you can do it, wheelies just have a hard learning curve but once you get it you can do em' forever.

sparks400
03-05-2004, 09:52 PM
what i do is get in second at lik 4500 punch it and by the tim it gets up u got to shift into 3rd but i ride through 5th like that, and i can also get on my seat in secon goin slow pop the clutch and jump back to my seat and keep goin, put my feet over the bars in 2nd, stand on my seat and grab bar in 3rd then put my foot over a click into 4th, but i can also do like 2mph, dont think im bragin but o well:D hope ya get them

hunda400ex
03-06-2004, 01:53 PM
i can start in 1st and throug hto fifth gear but my all time favorite wheelie is when i get going down the road as fast as my 400 will go and jus crank it up in a 65 mile an hour wheelie, the ni can jus ride a wheelie for as long as it is staright, whic his a long *** ways bc i live on a 3/4 mile stretch.

300EXbeast
03-06-2004, 07:19 PM
trust me hunda 400ex aint lyin hes a crazy mofo he smokes everyone in our parts! and his wheelies wow i didnt believe it until he showed me but wow (we all think hes a little crazy after all hel do anything) even jump his truck the long way! crazy f**k:devil:

fmf400ex03
03-09-2004, 03:49 PM
it takes time and practice i've flipped like 2458345342 times all u really need to do is do it all the time and relax and be smooth and ride with people that can wheely i learned how to wheely from my buddychauncy and the rest of core6(before core6 was around when they were DTE) like 4 years ago before he graduated and becam like #1. once u can wheely its easy like half of this stuff thats out me and my buddys been doin for like 3years like that high chair first time i saw that was like 4.5 years ago from chauncy before like any 1 had ever done it just keep that foot on the brake and dont be to jumpy with the throttle once u can wheely a 400 start tryin other quads to the point were u can wheely any thing with 4 or 3 wheels u can really do it all i live on a lake and the strip in the winter is like 1 1/4 mile i can wheelie that sittin standin flamingo 1 hand its to the point it aint a chalnge ican bounce around the thing like all 4 wheels are on the ground so i got a bike its like start'n from scratch get on a bike and u will realize that wheelys on quad arent any thing