PDA

View Full Version : gncc question

xc-YFZ
02-20-2004, 07:12 PM
i am going to run 4st stoke this year.......i was wondering if you can run a big tank and +2 steering stem......i herd you could but not for shur.....does any one know

thanks

im used to running 2st B dont know alot about 4st stock

3rdtimescharm
02-20-2004, 07:59 PM
the big tank is a go, they just told me the other day there was no rule aginst having one, so yes you can/ the +2 stem however is questionable.. they said you can run it, they wont do anything unless someone protests you , and then they will DQ you.. They told me and a friend of mine to different time. same thing.

xc-YFZ
02-20-2004, 08:14 PM
alright well thanks......
thats what i thought about the tank...
the stem tho i wouldnt know why not it is just like geting taller handlebars.....
well i hope they let me..
i have everything else
axle
bars
nurfs
handguards
exc.....

popo
02-21-2004, 02:19 AM
Man I feel sorry for you 4 stroke stock guys. One day it's this rule, next day it another.

I guess my question is? if it's a stock class only, why are they allowing aftermarket gas tanks etc.

I give you all the credit in the world for running in this class, but can never fully understand their rules sometimes.

justdirt
02-21-2004, 04:18 AM
i ran 4 stroke stock last year with a +1 houser and nobody ever said anything to me. but like popo said they seem to change the rules when ever they feel like it.

Bill Fuller
02-21-2004, 07:12 AM
Just to clarify this,you are talking about 4 stroke stock class?

xc-YFZ
02-21-2004, 01:15 PM
yeah thats what i was thinkin about the rules too one day it this one day its that....

they just changed the rules this year on the tank thaing i know about but the stem im not shur...

i think they are allowing it becouse they yfz only has a 2.5 gallon
but i dont know.....

i herd the class was pretty tuff so im going to try and prove some people wrong.....see im new to this 4st stuff so i was going to make shur before i get to these races and find out i have to run B or somethin with a bone stock motor...

xc-YFZ
02-21-2004, 01:17 PM
yes im talking about 4st stock (GNCC)

greghall
02-21-2004, 06:21 PM
I think they already alow too much mods stock means stock larger gas tanks give a advantage they should only alowl handle bars & tires thats it.

gncc571
02-22-2004, 04:59 AM
Originally posted by greghall
I think they already alow too much mods stock means stock larger gas tanks give a advantage they should only alowl handle bars & tires thats it.

I agree!