PDA

View Full Version : 450r - kill switch - tether switch - ?

timscherer
02-20-2004, 05:40 PM
I need to know if anyone has wired a Pro Design Kill Switch to their new TRX 450R yet. If so, I would appreciate if you could give me a description on how to properly wire the Kill Switch without jeopardizing any of the electronics - etc. If anyone knows of a Dealership, or aftermarket supplier that has the knowledge to do this task, drop a name or website for contact information.

Thanks, and any information would be greatly appreciated.

Tim

andrew75
02-20-2004, 05:54 PM
yes i have hooked mine up all you have to do is look for the plug for the key switch ,look for the green and black/white strip wire on the key side ,then i peeled a little back on each of these wires and solder one wire off the kill switch to green and the orther to the black/white wire no cutting of factory harness and it works great, the same color code 88 250r uses .mark baldwin told me about uses this wires green wire is ground and the black and white wire is igintion all u are is killing power going to the coil ,the same as the key switch does

timscherer
02-20-2004, 06:09 PM
Thanks Andrew 75, I will try that. Will this effect the fan and any other electrical devices. I have heard if a kill switch is not properly installed, you can cut the power to the fan etc.

Thanks again,

Tim

KILLAQuad
02-21-2004, 10:23 AM
On my EX i did that and it never worked... (That could of been wrong but thats what the directions said)
But on the R you are saying it will work :confused:

One to green and the other the Black/White ... Right?

kbass24emtp
02-21-2004, 10:36 AM
You could also take the long wire and wrap it around the positive side of the coil. The one with the rubber boot over it, NOT the one with the bolt connection. Then take the short wire and ground it to the frame. Works great on mine.

2004TRX450R
02-24-2004, 02:00 AM
On most any Honda you just hook one wire up to the black/white wire and ground the other. It is as easy as that.