View Full Version : Help!!

onefiftyone2003
02-20-2004, 12:33 PM
I may be buying a 2000 400ex, and Im wondering what kind of problems I should look for, I never owned a HONDA so im not sure what goes on them after a few years....the quad seems to be in good condition from the pictures I've seen, But i need to know what to look for, if anyone has info, I would really appreciate it..thanx

big bad beny
02-21-2004, 11:51 AM
If you take care of it you will not have eny troble you can take my word on that. Just keep the vaves adjusted and thoil changed and the air filter clean and the chain tight you will not have eny trobles.

P.S. Ride Red and Ride Hard

onefiftyone2003
02-21-2004, 12:07 PM
lololol thanx for the tip, But I mean what should I look for on the bike before I buy. Like problems that might not be seen first off.

Fitzy
02-21-2004, 12:34 PM
you should check the barrings in the swing arm.. those tend to go in quads that old.. just take the grab bar and move it back and forth.. there shouldn't be any play when you do this, if there is, it probably needs new barrings. also check the frame for cracks, dents and any extra welds. if you know anything about motors, start up the engine and listen for any knocks or funny sounds. good luck!

onefiftyone2003
02-27-2004, 01:56 PM
thanks alot for that advice.. I will use it.hopefully there won't be anything wrong with it I want a newer quad lol