PDA

View Full Version : LT80 Maeir Hood w/light

foleyit
02-20-2004, 10:46 AM
Looking at getting one of these hoods w/light for my daughter's quad. I found on the internet that Ricky Stator sells a kit for $210 which includes high output regulator, rectifier/regulator, and the maeir hood. I called RS and they said that the rectifier/regulator keeps the battery from getting too hot? Not going to be doing any extensive night riding with it probably 25-30 mins here and there. Is this something that I should be concerned about?

Does anybody have any feedback on them?

400exdad
02-21-2004, 04:58 PM
I've got the Rickey Stator kit on mine. If you putt putt around, it still doesn't keep the battery charged that well. :( Now, 3 or 4 yrs later, Maier is making the hood and light (without the stator) and I don't hear anyone complaining. Buy the optional pull start, get the Maier kit or just buy a halogen light and be done with it if you ask me.

foleyit
02-23-2004, 09:31 AM
I called Maier directly and spoke with a tech person. He told me that as long as I don't leave the light on while the quad is off, I will be fine.

Mxjunkie
02-27-2004, 06:03 AM
The Maier is a good one, My little cousin had one on her and they havent had any problems with it, you can get one from james lucky

bsb64
02-28-2004, 08:58 PM
JLucky has em cheaper........

http://www.jlatvproducts.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=JLAP&Product_Code=50976

quadfamily
02-28-2004, 09:08 PM
That hood is really nice. I wish they made them for TRX90's! I would have bought one instead of making something for ours. I was considering buying one of the maier hoods with light and making it fit our TRX90 but changed my mind.