PDA

View Full Version : LRD Exhaust ???

Todd 54
02-20-2004, 10:09 AM
I am interested in getting one for my YFZ. I race GNCC and trail ride a lot for fun. Has anyone heard this exhaust or felt its power gains. Low to mid is where I would like the gains. Sound in not a concern when racing, but when trail riding - I don't want to be getting headaches or giving everyone else one. Don't get me wrong, I love and aggressive sound, but I have just heard that engine builder's pipes are way to loud for recreational uses. Any thoughts or experience?

Crazy Honda
02-20-2004, 11:21 AM
Ill let you know as soon as I get my jet kit:macho still on back order:grr:

AndrewRRR
02-20-2004, 01:45 PM
I don't know about their YFZ exhaust but if it's anything like the 400EX exhaust it's painfully loud.

WillVallATV
02-21-2004, 09:50 AM
Hey Todd54, I have a LRD full system on a 04' yfz450 and its pretty loud !!! The power is really aggressive !!! get some heat shield for the rear fender it will melt it , and you will have to grind out a larger curve on the rear fender support bracket because of the large canaster on the LRD pipe. The pipe will turn Blue all the way back to the Can, other then that its a great pipe with a ton of power... (degear the Cam gear one tooth for more POWER)

Have a good one .....

Todd 54
02-21-2004, 12:14 PM
WillVallATV,
how would you compare the sound level to say an HMF, Sparks, or any other aftermarket exahaust that you have heard. Also, could you explain where you think the pipe helped you the most. Low to mid is where I need it - not necessarily high, but more high end never hurts. If you have pic could you post them?
Thanks in advance

LostCause439
02-21-2004, 03:25 PM
if the pipe is getting that hot i wonder if thats a jetting issue?!

Crazy Honda
02-21-2004, 09:59 PM
Put it on today loud is the only way to describe it.ct pipe with open end cap!!! I like it great power but im vey lean on the pilot got the wrong kind.took it for a quick ride pulls so hard its like a diff machine!!!!!!!! I do think its a lil to loud.maybe the sparky will cut down the noise.

RIDER11X
02-22-2004, 03:19 AM
Originally posted by Todd 54
I am interested in getting one for my YFZ. I race GNCC and trail ride a lot for fun. Has anyone heard this exhaust or felt its power gains. Low to mid is where I would like the gains. Sound in not a concern when racing, but when trail riding

Better make sure it will pass the GNCC sound check.:eek:

TRX250R22
02-23-2004, 05:38 AM
Sign me up :eek2: :blah: I like loud pipes haha im picking up my new YFZ450 soon so ill be a proud owner soon enough :)