PDA

View Full Version : Ls Axle

T-R-X
03-01-2002, 09:08 PM
Today i noticed that when i was riding on my drive way- which is pavement, my new axle was bent(i have a 250r). I thought it was the rim, but i found out it was the axle- i want to know if i shoud just send it back to LoneStar, or just keep it and keep riding, the bend is hardly noticable when looking at it, but it is noticable when riding on flat ground. Has any one ever had any problems in the air with a bent axle? (i dont see how I could have bent it, i havent hit one jump with it yet.) Also- how is LS about returning their axles, how long does it take for them to return a new axle? i dont want to wait for an axle- i want to keep riding.
thanks

Quadfather
03-02-2002, 06:42 AM
I've heard that Lonestar stands behind their products as well as anyone. I wouldn't ride with a bent axle, I imagine it would be **** on your bearings.

400exBro
03-02-2002, 09:36 AM
LSR will replace it for u like quadfather said, they give full lifetime warrenty unlike durablue, ask Rico he bent his durablue, and i don't know what happened after that. give lsr a call and they will strighten it out for you or go to the shop you bought it from and they will help you out as well.
lata
Bro

400MXer
03-02-2002, 12:52 PM
i beleive RPM makes the best axle. their quality and strength in ALL their products are excelent.

T-R-X
03-02-2002, 09:10 PM
Thanks for the info- it it true it might screw up my axle bearings, i have a Prp carrier, w/ twin row bearings, its not that much of a bend where it shakes like crazy.
Thanks alot

400exRacerX
03-02-2002, 10:33 PM
Make sure you filled out the "lifetime warrenty" form and sent it in rigght after you got the axle or else they wont warrenty it. If you send it back they will just straighten it and send it back to you. When my buddy snapped his lsr it took almost 3 months to get a new one. I dont no how long it takes to get a bent one back. But this is the reason why I didnt sell my stock axle incase this was to happen to me.

Clay
03-03-2002, 08:58 AM
My LSR axle on my quad is bent some too. Mine is bent from jumping though. I landed hard off of a jump and bent it some. I am gonna invest in an RPM Dominator II soon.

mrusk
03-03-2002, 09:13 AM
hmm you have to mail in the warranty as soon as you get the axle? I bought my axle in like october. I havnt put it on yet. I havnt even taken it outta the box yet, just riped the one side open so i can see it. Can i still send the warranty in?

matt

trx400ex
03-03-2002, 10:11 AM
im in the same boat as you mrusk..i havent sent mine in yet either,, dang...should i even bother now?

03-04-2002, 10:33 AM
Even if you didn't send it in,,,if you have proof of purchase you'll be fine.

T-r-x,,,I'm thinkin you got another problem,,,I don't see how you bent your axle if you haven't jumped or wrecked..send it back if it's bent no matter what.