PDA

View Full Version : Billet starter cover?

chaserracer12
02-20-2004, 07:57 AM
I bought a billet starter cover from Mod Quad, and isn't machined
to take the two inserts like the stock one. Also the inside machineing doesn't look to be a well as the stock. Has anyone else ever used one of these.

I also got a billet throttle cover from Mod Quad, and the nut inside rubs on the cover, so I'm trying to send it back.

Thanks,

Troy

exrider123
02-20-2004, 12:49 PM
send them back, get your money, and just polish your stock ones with these steps.

1.sand down until smooth, start with a lower, courser grit(i like to start around 220,320) then just work your way up until about 2000
2. once completely smooth i use the spiral sewn buffing wheel with tripoli compound. This step is partly finishing and removes all of the scratches and gives it a good shine
3. this is the finishing step with the loose sewn buffing wheel and white rouge compound..this give it the most shine and color
4. after you get done polishing there will be a black residue from the compound in some areas, fill a sink with warm sopay water and take a wash cloth and wipe all of the compounds off, this will not scratch the piece and it still leave a very good shine when done.

chaserracer12
02-25-2004, 07:45 PM
Thanks for the info.