PDA

View Full Version : hop up kit answered

dreth
02-19-2004, 10:10 PM
im guesing it is called hrc kit . i read many responses with alot of opinions about it but no one mentioned the fact that the hrc kit does not void factory warr. as apposed to other race modes

MAD450r
02-20-2004, 06:47 AM
Not only does the HRC cam not void that warrenty I put an extended warrenty on mine with no problems. I even asked my dealer if I would void the warrenty if I piped it. He told me no if its jetted correctly then it wont burn out a valve so its fine.

He knew since I had them install the kit it was done corredtly and its jetted correctly.

BigThumper33
02-20-2004, 12:19 PM
Your dealer might want to be the ones installing and jetting the pipe if they it won't void the warranty. Most dealers I wouldn't think would accept a bike with problems if its piped and they didn't do the jetting themselves...ya know?

86atc250r
02-20-2004, 02:15 PM
That's the sort of thing your legal rights prevent --- the dealer forcing you to use his service in order to maintain the warranty...

To legally deny a warranty claim, the burden of proof is on them to show that the changes you made caused the failure in question. Same goes for aftermarket parts installation - they have to prove that the aftermarket parts caused the failure before they can legally deny warranty service.

Most people don't know this and will just walk away and do little more than complain when warranty claims are denied.

Know your rights and don't take any BS.