PDA

View Full Version : Revalving Works Shocks

hsr
02-19-2004, 10:09 PM
I'm asking this question for a friend of mine who purchased works dual rate shocks for stock a-arms about a year ago. Now he is upgrading to +2 a-arms and is choosing NOT to get his Works Shocks re-valved. How much of a difference will he notice w/ out getting them re-valved??? Just how much will this affect the shocks performance and the performance of the quad altogether? Especially for MX application. Any input would be appreciated... Thanx

velocityatv
02-20-2004, 01:32 AM
The shocks will squash badly on larger jumps. You don't change the valving on a Works you just buy a heavier spring. I talked with the guys at K and K atv last week on getting some and there only like 40 some dollars and you can replace them yourself instead of sending them out and paying shipping for some one else to do them.

hollywood43
02-20-2004, 02:51 AM
I did the very same thing that it didn't work too well. I have dual rates with rezzies and I needed to get them re-worked. But maybe it'll work well for him? Never hurts to give it a try. Your friend might have enough adjustability in the springs to make it comfortable.

02-20-2004, 07:35 AM
I beleive you can change the valving of works shocks. I said I think I am not possitive. I know DeRise Racing has a Sweet Revalve kit for the Works shocks. It completely changes the type of valving that are in the shocks and alow them to work MUCH MUCH better. If he had had them for over a year it is time to get them serviced any way, get the oil changed. and Yet he will notice a difference with the + 2 a-arms. I would suggest him contacting DeRisi racing and price that valve kit they have. I know the price is not too bad, and From my experience it is well worth it!

Wingnut
02-20-2004, 07:51 AM
DeRisi is the way to go. I got to use a set of Works shocks he had revavled at a race this year and they worked better than my Elkas.