PDA

View Full Version : ABC's Primetime Lies!!!

Harkes2k
02-19-2004, 09:45 PM
Here is what I had to say....

After watching the interview with ozzy on primetime I was so angered by the lack of actual and true facts in the interview that I felt the need to write this. Nearly everything said about ATV's in that interview was not only false but severely wrong. The ATV accident occured on a banshee. Now the weight of a banshee is a measily 400 pounds compared to the stated 600 pounds in the interview. Also it stated that an ATV could do 100mph!? And than something else about one doing 150mph!? ABSOLUTELY ABSURD!!! The top speed of the fastest ATV mass-produced today is 75mph and the ATV that produces that speed is the banshee. Horribly horribly exagerated. Now you may think that whats the big deal? As a group we have been combatting this type of an image handed to us in the late 1980's and what can we do when the media always produces massive lies about our sport? I used to watch primetime because of the facts I believed I was recieving but now after hearing this how do I know they were not all lies too? This was the last time I will ever watch it.

And this is the link where you can share your thoughts with them. At the very least just right something short about it and send it to them.

http://www.abcnews.go.com/sections/primeti...email_form.html

We cannot tolerate this anymore or we can just watch our sport go wayward... Please!!! Send them your thoughts!!!!

Greg Z
02-19-2004, 09:49 PM
:rolleyes: I hate ABC now:devil:

Martin Blair
02-19-2004, 09:50 PM
abc didnt say they stuff i like rock, and i lissen to ozzy but this is BS

batgeek
02-19-2004, 09:52 PM
huh? :huh

kamikaze_rzrbak
02-19-2004, 11:01 PM
Originally posted by HN400exracer
WUT:confused:

lil400exman
02-20-2004, 05:07 AM
Originally posted by HN400exracer
can i get some of them:bandit: SMOCKS:devil:

redroost85
02-20-2004, 06:15 AM
Whoa! Big surprise there, ABC continues to perpetuate it liberal bullchit agenda. Media eats ***. They must think we all are freaking retards not to be able to see what is going on.

Well, ABC you just earned some more stupidazz points from me. You are in the lead, but NBC is right behind you.:grr:

PHAT400
02-20-2004, 06:16 AM
I agree that it was incorrect info on the vehicle, but guess what gang, we can defend ourselve's and this sport until we are blue in the face but the fact remain's there will alway's be some advocacy group out there or a news organization that need's a ratings boost that has nothing better to do than to try and look out for the "other" full grown adult's in the world. Apparently these group's feel that we are incappable of making our own decision's and feel that we need to be told how to speak and act in our daily live's.... Don'y eat meat, don't wear leather or fur's, don't hurt the animal's, be sure to use the correct title when speaking of certain group's, don't hate, ATV's are deadlyBLAH BLAH BLAH..... well guess what man... "KISS MY AMERICAN ***" I love this country and everything it stand's for so let's all get together have a big ol steak dinner and talk about this whole same sex marriage thing!

My point is? :huh Well...... leave me alone, if I want to buy something that you disagree with ........ TOUGH S*** I work my backside off to live the way I do, I pay all my tax's and abide by every law that I can remember (I do miss a few every once in awhile) . So piss off and try to direct your energy towards something that just might benefit the human race...

Thank you...

SOAP BOX IS ALL YOUR's LT........

:macho

Pappy
02-20-2004, 06:33 AM
the posted link doesnt work....someone get a link to the head of abc programming pronto:macho

SGA
02-20-2004, 06:41 AM
Well said PHAT400. Being the soapbox is out, i'll climb up.

Until some people start taking responsibility for thier actions, (And they wont) things will not change.
Example: Parents giving kids quads and letting them go anywhere at any speed, no helmet, no safety rules.
Then thier kid is injured or killed. The parents attack with law suits aimed at the ATV manufactuers. They will not accept it was THIER fault and they NEVER will.
The media and its viewers eat it up, kids being hurt and killed by dangerous machines.
Until there are mandatory laws that only a licensed driver 16 or over can drive a large atv, I do not see any good changes coming soon to the atv industry.
That is not fair to the younger riders that do ride responsible, and follow the safety rules. Unfortunatly, thats just the way it is, or at least my opinion of it all.

Ok, off the soapbox.

popo
02-20-2004, 06:42 AM
Any thing for ratings. The bonehead Ozzie can't even walk straight cause he's still stoned from the 60's.

600lb Banchee..... morons.

Pappy
02-20-2004, 06:46 AM
here is what i sent them:

your coverage of ozzy osbournes atv accident was very missinformed. the facts stated are completely wrong. the atv weighs 400 pounds and has a top speed at best of 75 mph. i doubt mr. osboune has ever attended an atv saftey course or knows the proper riding procedures much less the fact he has no business operating any machinery in his current state of health. you basically let a person that is so messed up from illicit drug use speak about an accident that never should have happened in the first place!whats next...crack head stories? get with the program and file factual reports and actually investigate the truth instead of selling B.S. to the american people. i for one will never watch this program again.

email primetime (http://abcnews.go.com/sections/primetime/2020/Primetime_email_form.html)

XANDADA
02-20-2004, 06:49 AM
:mad: I had to turn it off midway I was so mad. They guy can't even walk without falling and its obvious listening to him that the neurons in his brain ain't firing right. Email sent to primetime & abc headquarters:mad: :cuss:

spincr4hire
02-20-2004, 06:50 AM
Ozzy was asked if he was wearing a helmet when the accident happened and he said "No and that was stupid of me". At least he acknowledged that.

PHAT400
02-20-2004, 07:44 AM
Hey pap, could you post that link?

ATC Crazy
02-20-2004, 07:56 AM
I get so aggrivated while watching interviews like that. It just makes me so mad that the stuipid arse's blame the ATV's and not themselves for making the misteak. I just learn to change the channel and ignore it now...:grr:

Glow Plug
02-20-2004, 07:59 AM
Wow this a good thread. Like what SGA said, this is because people WILL not talk responablitly of their own actions. Reaslictcally I think we are always gonig to have this sort of bullchat to put with. Why? Because people cannot get it threw their head that an ATV IS dangerous. People think that it is like a bike or something with a motor, you don't NEED gear right? And why do people get outraged and don't let their children near this sport because Ozzy and his son Jack know all and they must be danergous is Ozzy was hurt on one :rolleyes:

dirtmomma
02-20-2004, 08:26 AM
Thanks for the link & I sent my opinions to them!!! I hope they get bombarded w/ emails maybe it'll overload thier system LMAO!!!!

02-20-2004, 08:40 AM
I have also sent my opinion to them and incurage everyone to do the same. Please make you e-mails profesional and polite. We do not need them to think we are a bunch of un-educated people.

400exmom
02-20-2004, 08:45 AM
hey just wanted to say BIG thanks for using a freaking DRUG ADDICT to represent the ATV world you guys made yourselves look REAL bad on that one!! WAY TO GO!! thanks for nothing!

300exOH
02-20-2004, 08:54 AM
I sent an email to them too!

Just wondering though, when Jack said the atv's weight and speed did he just use numbers or did he say miles per hour and pounds? Don't forget they use the metric system.

It's still no excuse for the bad publicity they gave the sport:mad: :mad: :mad:

dirtmomma
02-20-2004, 08:59 AM
Originally posted by 300exOH
I sent an email to them too!

Just wondering though, when Jack said the atv's weight and speed did he just use numbers or did he say miles per hour and pounds? Don't forget they use the metric system.

It's still no excuse for the bad publicity they gave the sport:mad: :mad: :mad:
Actually Diane Sawyer said 600LBS & Jack DID say ,MPH. I was thinking the same thing so I made sure to listen well :D

sickmojave
02-20-2004, 09:06 AM
I sent an email to them too!:grr: :mad: :grr:

JustRace
02-20-2004, 10:12 AM
I think that the 600lbs is when jack is on it.:blah:

LTandRaptorider
02-20-2004, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by PHAT400
I agree that it was incorrect info on the vehicle, but guess what gang, we can defend ourselve's and this sport until we are blue in the face but the fact remain's there will alway's be some advocacy group out there or a news organization that need's a ratings boost that has nothing better to do than to try and look out for the "other" full grown adult's in the world. Apparently these group's feel that we are incappable of making our own decision's and feel that we need to be told how to speak and act in our daily live's.... Don'y eat meat, don't wear leather or fur's, don't hurt the animal's, be sure to use the correct title when speaking of certain group's, don't hate, ATV's are deadlyBLAH BLAH BLAH..... well guess what man... "KISS MY AMERICAN ***" I love this country and everything it stand's for so let's all get together have a big ol steak dinner and talk about this whole same sex marriage thing!

My point is? :huh Well...... leave me alone, if I want to buy something that you disagree with ........ TOUGH S*** I work my backside off to live the way I do, I pay all my tax's and abide by every law that I can remember (I do miss a few every once in awhile) . So piss off and try to direct your energy towards something that just might benefit the human race...

Thank you...

I think you said it well... I probably would've sprinkled a few 'F' words in there... but I never did finish etiquette class... I might have closed with... It's time to f**k the f****ng f***ers! :devil:

I'm going to see if with just a little more tweaking, I can get 160mph out of the LT... :p

I WANNA RIDE!!!!! :D

LTandRaptorider
02-20-2004, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by 400exmom
hey just wanted to say BIG thanks for using a freaking DRUG ADDICT to represent the ATV world you guys made yourselves look REAL bad on that one!! WAY TO GO!! thanks for nothing!

Ozzie's on drugs? :confused: :devil:

He should just stick with biting the heads off of bats... no offense to Batgeek... :p

nipps85
02-20-2004, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by Pappy
here is what i sent them:

your coverage of ozzy osbournes atv accident was very missinformed. the facts stated are completely wrong. the atv weighs 400 pounds and has a top speed at best of 75 mph. i doubt mr. osboune has ever attended an atv saftey course or knows the proper riding procedures much less the fact he has no business operating any machinery in his current state of health. you basically let a person that is so messed up from illicit drug use speak about an accident that never should have happened in the first place!whats next...crack head stories? get with the program and file factual reports and actually investigate the truth instead of selling B.S. to the american people. i for one will never watch this program again.

email primetime (http://abcnews.go.com/sections/primetime/2020/Primetime_email_form.html)
I hope you considered using capital letters and spell checker before you sent this off. Otherwise, you have succeeded in making ATV look like uneducated morons.

Pappy
02-20-2004, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by nipps85
Otherwise, you have succeeded in making ATV look like uneducated morons.

for someone who qoutes einstien you still didnt type a complete sentence
;)

400exmom
02-20-2004, 11:05 AM
I hope you considered using capital letters and spell checker before you sent this off. Otherwise, you have succeeded in making ATV look like uneducated morons. your so smuckin fart:blah:

Martin Blair
02-20-2004, 11:10 AM
i already sent abc 2 emails and the local news station

nipps85
02-20-2004, 11:34 AM
for someone who qoutes einstien you still didnt type a complete sentence
;)
I also wasn't typing that to send to ABC.

Einstein, for the confused, was a physicist/mathematician not a grammar teacher.

Pappy
02-20-2004, 11:36 AM
and im a grammer expert? i searched your posts...all smart lil jabs at people. would you like to see what i am an expert in?

LTandRaptorider
02-20-2004, 11:45 AM
and im a grammer expert? i searched your posts...all smart lil jabs at people. would you like to see what i am an expert in?

I'll take that category for $500...

BANNING PEOPLE!!!! :eek2: :D

nipps85
02-20-2004, 11:51 AM
After two straight smart little jabs from you. :o Do as I say, not as I do... I guess.

You do what you gotta do man...

02-20-2004, 11:57 AM
dont' ban him he did come across with a good point. just a tasteless way of saying it!

and LT you didn't form that response in the form of a question!

400exmom
02-20-2004, 12:03 PM
After two straight smart little jabs from you. :o Do as I say, not as I do... I guess.

You do what you gotta do man... hey yer a poet and didnt know it~sum peeple feel lik a biger man correcting peoplz whin chit dunt mater~kan wez talc bout howz wee hat ACB nut tlke bout howz we purfuct

Pappy
02-20-2004, 12:09 PM
gotta? is that good grammer or internet slang:confused:

if i would have posted for people to copy my post about the email and send on to abc your point could be validated. but hence, it wasnt so whats your malfunction? and traditional capitol letters arent used on the forums.

your assertion that since i didnt use proper grammer in my previous post makes an atv(<---maybe you meant atv enthusiests?) look like morons is a direct attack on myself and my intelligence.

i'd suggest that before you climb on your high horse and be so quick to judge others , you first make sure the horse isnt an ***.

why an ***? because when you make a mistake while correcting others thats what you look like;)

sfalumberjack98
02-20-2004, 12:10 PM
Heres what i send:

I am just writing to add to the mounting pile of email you are receiving from upset ATV owners. I won’t repeat the items from the story about Ozzie O. and the ATV wreck being wrong. I’m sure you have heard everything by now. I would appreciate though if in the future, you would have the "victims" of ATV accidents accept their responsibility for not wearing a helmet, not attending a safety course, and riding a machine out of their experience level. You have done a disservice to ATV riders everywhere and I hope you put the facts "out there" so people will not blame ATVs for the mistakes of ill prepared riders. Thank You.

nipps85
02-20-2004, 12:18 PM
gotta? is that good grammer or internet slang:confused:

if i would have posted for people to copy my post about the email and send on to abc your point could be validated. but hence, it wasnt so whats your malfunction? and traditional capitol letters arent used on the forums.

your assertion that since i didnt use proper grammer in my previous post makes an atv(<---maybe you meant atv enthusiests?) look like morons is a direct attack on myself and my intelligence.

i'd suggest that before you climb on your high horse and be so quick to judge others , you first make sure the horse isnt an ***.

why an ***? because when you make a mistake while correcting others thats what you look like;)
Alright dude, get over it. I hope this didn't ruin your day. Keep analysing my previous posts for errors... that will make you feel better. :rolleyes:

My point is this... If you are going to send a letter to ABC that has no capital letters and misspellings, they aren't going to take you seriously.

That's it... nothing to get so pissed off about.

I tried to find the button to do it myself... but please delete my account. If this is how the moderators here operate, I don't want to be part of it. Threatening to ban people, that's just weak.

LTandRaptorider
02-20-2004, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by GNCCer
dont' ban him he did come across with a good point. just a tasteless way of saying it!

and LT you didn't form that response in the form of a question!

dammit! my stupidity keeps showin... :o

What is banning people? ;) :D

gojk
02-20-2004, 12:20 PM
Look at Ozzy. He doesn't look like he is capable to operate a lazyboy much less an ATV. And that is the ATVs fault that he got all f'ed up from all of his drugs and !@#$% I think they need to find the real thing to blame.

Pappy
02-20-2004, 12:22 PM
[B] analysing B]

theres one for you to mull over. its :analyzing:

and i never threatened to ban you. i simply stated that i would show you what i am good at. and thats calling a spade a spade.

iride440ex
02-20-2004, 12:22 PM
I just cut and pasted Pappy's comment and added my own stuff and emailed it to them. Next they will have a druggie talk about the dangers of guns. Great Just Great
Tony

redrunner
02-20-2004, 12:32 PM
http://abcnews.go.com/sections/primetime/2020/Primetime_email_form.html

SSRedRider
02-20-2004, 01:48 PM
I sent this to ABC. Just an opinion, right or wrong its mine.

After watching the show last night I have to email you and tell you that there was some parts that was just wrong. First of all I didn't like the fact you had a drug addict on the show talking about an ATV accident he was in. Second he didn't have any business on one in his condition, why would someone that can barely walk and talk want to ride an ATV. He was without a helmet or any safety gear, this shows that he is irresponsible and also shows that he doesn't know anything about how to ride one. Third the facts about the ATV were all wrong. Banshees don't weigh 600 lbs. they weigh around 375 lbs. The show also stated they have a maximum speed of 150 miles an hour. This statement also proves they don't know what they are talking about since the fastest production quad today will just go 75 miles an hour.
Fourth I don't like the black eye you gave the people that do ride ATV's and know how to ride and ride them safely. The ATV industry just doesn't need this false information reaching the public that watches your show. I think that your staff dropped the ball on this one. They should have really looked at the facts, not the stupidity of a nonfunctional family that doesn't know anything about ATV's or how to ride one safely. We have to sit back and think just how much negative feedback will become of this. I for one have never respected this man or his antics on stage or at home, which is now on TV. I for one will have to think twice before I watch your show again.

DEAL
02-20-2004, 03:35 PM
Jack is a weiner. :mad:

trueblue450
02-20-2004, 04:01 PM
heres what i sent:

Dear M.

I watched the airing of Primetime Thursday (February 19, 2004) and was outraged of the incorrect information regarding ATV's. There have been recent rashes of stories, articles, and even rallies against ATV's. Almost all of these have been one sided liberal protests against the ATV industry. I usually respect Primetime and avidly watch the show, but with the misleading information and lack of research, I am certain I will never watch it without doubting the reliability of the information presented.

When you attack something that so many love, you should always get both sides of the story, and verify all information. When Jack Osbourne stated that a four-wheeler can go 150 mph, I could not believe that even aired. There is not one ATV manufacture that produces a quad that goes faster than 75mph, and those are only recommended to highly skilled ATV riders that have taken and passed a safety education course. Most of these courses are provided by the ATV manufacturer when the off-road vehicle is purchased. Also not stated in the report, was the numerous safety labels that are scattered across the ATV. Especially with the quad Ozzy was riding there were plenty of labels recommending highly skill riders, no use of drugs or alcohol, and most importantly always ride with a helmet. The report also stated that the ATV weighed in at over 600lbs. I know that utility ATVs (such as the ones used by a farmer) can weigh 600lbs. The ATV that Ozzy was on, the Yamaha Banshee, weighs 386lbs which was easily researched from the Yamaha website.

My point being, you should not degrade a whole group of enthusiasts by one person’s mistakes. The next time you air a story like this, please take both sides of the issue at hand. Also do not blame the dangers on few mistakes made by someone who should not operate an ATV in the first place.

Thank you for your time,

Dustin Studer

ShiftFMX
02-20-2004, 05:35 PM
From http://www.411mania.com/music/news/article.php?news_id=4786:

Osbourne now says his reckless ways are what got him trouble in the first place because he was not wearing a crash helmet while riding his ATV.

"My head knows that I am 55, but my arse still thinks I am 21. I should have known better. Those bikes are for kids and for fools; they are bloody dangerous. But I've finally grown up. I'll never go near one of those damn bikes again."

Were all fools then, eh? :huh

Live2Ride300
02-20-2004, 06:03 PM
I guess I'll be a fool till the say I die. :rolleyes:

02-20-2004, 06:12 PM
i emailed primetime wuts the head of abc email adress dont wory i used proper grammar and spelling and such in the email

mxdave28
02-20-2004, 09:46 PM
Geees after reading some of the fellow exrider's emails i dont even think mine is worth it but, already sent:( here is what i wrote...something short sweet to the point and well, im happy i controlled myself:D

WOW! who in the world does your investigating??? because they need fired right now! The interview with Ozzy Osboure and his mishap with an ATV was the biggest piece of crap since Geraldo's Tv Program. Lets start off with the weight factors, if this so called ATV weighed in at 600lbs then it was not a "racing" ATV nor would this 600 pounder reach speads of 100mph let alone 150mph, heck your lucky if you can get a 4x4(600+ pounders) to reach 65mph. There are very few "Stock" two wheeled drive ATV's "race type" that will even reach the speeds of 75mph let alone 100mph. Now lets talk about helmets, was Ozzy wearing one? Huh dont think so, should he have been wearing one? absoultly. Now with the thought about helmets lets talk about deaths...i can just about bet my life that above 80% of ATV related deaths was caused by NOT wearing a helmet!and the fact that the person(s) have no right to be on an ATV because of no training course taken OR the ATV is WAY to big for them. I am a huge Ozzy fan but, (No offense Ozzy) He had absolutly no reason or right to be on a ATV in his current condition, the man can barely walk for Christmas sakes!! As a fellow ATV rider and Racer i am completely offended by this program and everybody out there that is continually Bashing on ATV's and their riders when they have ABSOLUTLY no idea. You want an interview to show, with somebody on the ATV side of things...call me up i would be happy to conduct such an interview and would be more then happy to bring you some real Stats on sales,deaths,helmets,and the ATV's themselves. Thank you for your time and i hope from now on you will do some research before you put another celebrity on Tv and make themselves look like complete retards.
David Walton Saegertown, PA

LTandRaptorider
02-20-2004, 10:18 PM
Looks good Dave. ;)

310Rduner
02-20-2004, 10:36 PM
As a long time Atv enthusiast I must point out that your facts are incredibly off base. Perhaps next time you go on national television you at least pretend to have a journalistic ability beyond that of a Junior high newspaper. The majority of viewers who gave you ratings for your piece on Ozzy Osbourne were for the majority, concerned offroaders, who I can guarantee you will not be watching your show ever again. Furthermore we will encourage those we know to stop watching your show as well for its falsities, and misrepresentations. I know that this is one of many e-mails you have, and will continue to receive in the weeks to come, and hope that you will air a correction on your show at a later date. You may be thinking that it is ony a trivial matter that you have misrepresentated Atv riders, along with the entire motorosports industry, but our viewership alone mounts to several thousand.

SRH
02-20-2004, 10:54 PM
heres mine

**** you you stupid mother ****ers

no im joking
i didnt proof read it but u get the point
I saw your coverage of ozzy osbournes atv related crash,I was very dissappointed in the way you misled the viewers with false statements, the atv ozzy was riding on a slightly downhill smooth straight tops out at almost 75mph, worse yet the atv only weighs 400 pounds, if it wasn't for the riders STUPIDITY he would of taken a safety course, and worn the proper safety gear. I will never watch your program again, there were so many misleading statements and flat out lies, who knows what other kind of garbage you would show on there. I wouldn't feel comfortable sharing the highway with ozzy in my car, he had no place in riding that atv, he can barely walk for god sakes, and to top it off his years and years of drug and alchol abuse just go to show you how irresponsible this man is. The average car weighs about what 10 atv's do? and go twice the speed, ozzy osbourne could just as likely drive down the road and kill a family of 4 on there way to church. In the future I'd do some research before airing such garbage!

Greg Z
02-20-2004, 11:07 PM
SUE ABC FOR FALSE ADVERTISMENT / FALSE INFORMATION!!!!:devil: :mad:

SRH
02-20-2004, 11:13 PM
id do diane soyer or however u spell it, kinky

Greg Z
02-21-2004, 12:24 AM
Originally posted by SRH
id do diane soyer or however u spell it, kinky

what about barbra walters?:D

speedy400
02-21-2004, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by PHAT400

Thank you...

can I vote you for prez. of the USA? nice post.-darren

SRH
02-22-2004, 12:36 AM
Originally posted by Greg Z
what about barbra walters?:D

no way id never do anyone who slept with martha stewart