PDA

View Full Version : Banff / Lake Louise

Blysster
02-19-2004, 04:24 PM
Has anyone been out to Banff / Lake Louise during winter?

I am heading out in a few weeks.. What is there to do other than ski? Any suggestions?

jja125
02-19-2004, 04:37 PM
................drink :D

i used to live in Calgary and go up there quite a bit. its a very nice & beautiful place if you've never been there. i never skied there, but went up in the summertime mountian biking and stuff. if i remember right there are a couple of cool bars up there too for nighttime, but in the daytime during the winter i don't know what you'd do other than ski and i guess drive around and look at stuff if you've never been up there.

DangerousDean
02-19-2004, 04:46 PM
lakelousie is fun, good skiing, panorama is better imo though.

But there is a lot of different snowmobile tours. you can rent a sled for 150-200 dolalrs a day, ands tuff there pool halls, the hotsprings... etc. banff is wicked :)

Blysster
02-19-2004, 04:53 PM
Thanks, we plan on renting a car so hopefully we'll get to see lots...

I've been saving up for the drinking part :D Surely there will be a few good bars around?!

jja125
02-19-2004, 04:57 PM
grasshopper beer was my favorite when i was up there. i think i drank warthog alot also. do they still have that stuff in canada?? it was cool when i went there cause the drinkin age is 18. i was 18 when i went up there and was drinking for 2 years and came back here and still wasn't legal age.

Blysster
02-19-2004, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by jja125
grasshopper beer was my favorite when i was up there. i think i drank warthog alot also. do they still have that stuff in canada?? it was cool when i went there cause the drinkin age is 18. i was 18 when i went up there and was drinking for 2 years and came back here and still wasn't legal age.

Never heard of those beer.. I'll have to try those. Actually, I'll have to try all of them.

Hopefully I will have an hour or two of boarding during my week there.