PDA

View Full Version : $300 for hrc kit and $220 for install seem fair??

kazpr
02-19-2004, 03:07 PM
Tks all Scott

Greg Z
02-19-2004, 03:09 PM
unno i rather buy a full pipe with that money then later on buy a sparks cam..

2004TRX450R
02-19-2004, 03:17 PM
Doesn't sound to bad. $300 is about right for the HRC kit. I think you can get them for a little less on Ebay but not much. Sounds a little steep for the install but not to far off.

jb500ex
02-19-2004, 03:27 PM
waste off money. like someone else said buy the exhaust or you can buy a high comp piston and cam for alot less then $300 and get better performance

Varmit57
02-19-2004, 03:56 PM
Just picked up my Stage 2 Cam from HotCams for $135. Installing it my self for free(tonight I hope!). I have a WB pipe $210 and I don't run a air box lid. Oh about for got the Jet cost me $3.:)

That HRC kit might be ok for some of you but I think its a bit high priced.

Silverfox@C&DRacing
02-19-2004, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by Varmit57
Just picked up my Stage 2 Cam from HotCams for $135. Installing it my self for free(tonight I hope!). I have a WB pipe $210 and I don't run a air box lid. Oh about for got the Jet cost me $3.:)

That HRC kit might be ok for some of you but I think its a bit high priced.

Let us know what you think of the Hotcam, when we talked to them at the dealer show that cam is from the dirtbike and they said that the HRC cam is alot bigger than the dirtbike cam and did not know what to think as for performance my guess is that they will be making a cam for the actual quad, after they get to do testing.

kazpr
02-19-2004, 04:04 PM
Ya was reading somewhere that the hrc kit smoothed the power band out some. I have not ridden a quad in aver 12 yrs so this might be plenty for me for awhile actually. Thanks for all the good input!

schmitthead
02-19-2004, 05:46 PM
I talked to hotcams today and they said that the cam for the 450r was still in testing. let me know what you think

Jason Lowery
02-19-2004, 05:47 PM
I just paid $270 for the kit and $175 for the install. Your not too far off but at least try get them to knock off something!!:D

2004TRX450R
02-19-2004, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by jb500ex
waste off money. like someone else said buy the exhaust or you can buy a high comp piston and cam for alot less then $300 and get better performance

So you have tested an HRC equipped bike compared to one with an aftermarket cam and hi. comp. piston? I think it is amusing that people who haven't done any testing like to say stuff like this like it is fact.

I think a hi. comp. piston will probably bring up the mid range power quite a bit. I haven't seen any specs on the after market cams yet. I know that the HRC stuff is usually some of the best stuff you can get and makes a lot of power. I did notice a big difference in adding the HRC kit. I think the quality of the parts are going to be second to none. Only time will tell if the aftermarket is gong to have higher hp cams or not. I also think that the full exhaust systems and hi comp pistons will just complement the HRC kit just like it probably will any other cam as well.

jb500ex this isn't a slam or flame directed at you personally so please don't take it personal. You just happen to be the one I used as an example.

04trx450R
02-19-2004, 08:03 PM
Wen I get mine,,, I personolally would like to get the HRC cam and airbox lid with the White bros. exhaut kit. In my opinion, I would rather have a honda cam than an aftermarket, I got a honda cam for my z-50 nd themid range power is now awesome, and thats where almost everyone really needs it, in the mid-range,,,, wo is wide open or at idle all the time, lol,,,,,, Anyway, my point is I am waiting until I can get the HRC cam by itself.

lukester720
02-20-2004, 07:55 AM
Originally posted by Greg Z
unno i rather buy a full pipe with that money then later on buy a sparks cam..

Sparks should have more info on the cam next week. I added the sparks exhaust to my stock 450r and I think I would be a good race with one with an hrc kit. I've ridden both.

400ex4ever
02-20-2004, 08:11 AM
Originally posted by lukester720
Sparks should have more info on the cam next week. I added the sparks exhaust to my stock 450r and I think I would be a good race with one with an hrc kit. I've ridden both.

I am not to sure about that. I will be installing my HRC kit next week. All I have seen on the Forums about the HRC kit, is it is like night and day. I do believe you got a substantial increase in power from the exhaust but to say you can hang with a HRC equipped 450 is streching it. Just my $.02...

lukester720
02-20-2004, 08:37 AM
Originally posted by 400ex4ever
I am not to sure about that. I will be installing my HRC kit next week. All I have seen on the Forums about the HRC kit, is it is like night and day. I do believe you got a substantial increase in power from the exhaust but to say you can hang with a HRC equipped 450 is streching it. Just my $.02...

I not knocking the hrc kit. trx_rider has it on his quad and I'm sure when he breaks his in all the way we will run them and post the results. I also have the lid off with the sparks air filter. I will be going to a place call haspin acres on thursday and they have a flat drag track. I will post what I race against and honest results. Later.

Blown 331
02-20-2004, 03:54 PM
I have the HRC kit on mine and I will be buying a White Bros full system when it is avail.

My opinion on the HRC kit. Buy it! It adds good power and I don't care what anyone says. IT'S CHEAP. I paid $6500 for the 4-wheeler and $300 is pocket change compared to that. And this way you have something that works, it's not a bunch of **** peiced togther.

2004TRX450R
02-24-2004, 01:53 AM
with my fat 230lb *** on my HRC equipped 450R and my buddy with his scronny 140lbs but on his HMF full system equipped YFZ it was pretty much a deal even race. Now make the weight the same and you figure out what would happen. A different friend with a stock YFZ and me with my HRC kited 450R raced up comp. hill at Florence this weekend and he had about 1/2 to 1 bike length on me by the top of the hill. We then swapped bikes and he had me by about 4-5 bike lengths by the top of the hill. The weight makes a huge difference!