PDA

View Full Version : who else had this problem

JDiablo
02-19-2004, 11:34 AM
ok,i was just trying on my boots today and i went out to the quad and i knew i was going to have to move the shifter up,but to the point where i found it was comfortable enough it wouldn't shift because the engine got in the way on the 300.How did you guys solve this problem?

theTman
02-19-2004, 11:36 AM
just SLOWLY bend the shifter to the left..do it SLOW so it wont break

JDiablo
02-19-2004, 11:38 AM
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO,i think i might need a torch or something so i can heat it up,then i will bend it,thanks alot man,never thought of that

Chanman420q
02-19-2004, 11:57 AM
i didnt need to adjustmine when i got my boots

JDiablo
02-19-2004, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by Chanman420q
i didnt need to adjustmine when i got my boots

lucky mofo...http://pictureposter.allbrand.nu/pictures/300exrida99/exriderss/kissbutt.gif :blah:

SGA
02-19-2004, 12:50 PM
I didnt heat mine, I just used 2 big channel locks, bent it out some, then straightened it so the toe part stuck out straight.

AtvMxRider
02-19-2004, 01:21 PM
take an adjustable wrench and put the eye on the end of the shifter and you can bend it anyway you want.

chucked
02-19-2004, 02:23 PM
i just learned to sit funny wearing them, now i like riding with riding boots then I do anything else.

BlazingYamahaYz
02-19-2004, 04:06 PM
if they are brand new...u might need to break them in....i dunno, just an idea....i never had any problems with my boots, i just always had my feet pointed out in a weird way that i didnt realize until i watched myself in a video....i was like :huh

JDiablo
02-21-2004, 06:23 PM
yea i might have to break them in a lil more.....ill walk around this house with um i guess....but ye ill give that a try...i was like wtf...i had to move my shifter up two notches to be comfortable and i couldn't get my foot under it and out of it...i might have to go up one more:eek2:

250EXking
02-21-2004, 06:26 PM
try adjusting ur nerfs maybe i konw my got in teh way so i loosened the netting.

JDiablo
02-21-2004, 06:29 PM
no,its not that,my nerfs are loose as can be,its just that i got big feet for my age...i think size 12 and only 15

BlazingYamahaYz
02-21-2004, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by 300exrida
its just that i got big feet for my age...i think size 12 and only 15

ditto...when i first got my boots i just had to ride around a lil while to break em in, then they were fine.....but i think they were like size 10, so they were never really comfortable:huh ...

JDiablo
02-21-2004, 07:22 PM
idk maybe i need to get some nice tech 8's or something like that for comfort,but ill just chit mold my shifter until it is good for me and comfortable to shift

dirtmomma
02-21-2004, 07:57 PM
Fill your boots w/ boiling water & wear them all day, then they will be broke it, I know it sounds CRAZY but thats what everyone told us to do. I have the Alpinestar Vectors & I bet it took me a full year to break them in enough so I don't hav eto move the shifter anymore. It used to drive my son crazy when we shared a quad cuz I was always moving the shifter up :p

JDiablo
02-21-2004, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by dirtmomma
Fill your boots w/ boiling water & wear them all day, then they will be broke it, I know it sounds CRAZY but thats what everyone told us to do. I have the Alpinestar Vectors & I bet it took me a full year to break them in enough so I don't hav eto move the shifter anymore. It used to drive my son crazy when we shared a quad cuz I was always moving the shifter up :p

damn.......boling water then wear them....lol i have to say i never heard of that,i think before i even wear them im going to save up for a lil and buy a pair of tech 8's they look sick!i heard there real comfortable to,but ill fix that stupid shifter wit a nice torch and hammer

SGA
02-21-2004, 09:09 PM
So put the boots on and fill them with boiling water?;)

JDiablo
02-21-2004, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by SGA

NO NEED!!!!:blah:

dirtmomma
02-22-2004, 08:06 AM
Originally posted by SGA

HAHA well I guess I didn't explain that very well did I?? I meant fill them w/ water let then get soft then EMPTY them & THEN put them on LOL YEP the Tech 8's are nice my bro's havethem that's what I wanna get if mine ever wear out!!!;)