PDA

View Full Version : What brand of Shocks??

markk
02-19-2004, 09:45 AM
I'm currently running my stock 400ex shocks on my 99 honda 416. I'v been looking around a little, and im wanting some elkas i think?
I was wondering since im not really big into the whole raceing sceen, should i go with some cheaper shocks like works triples with ressies, or say or AXIS or ELKA, or another name brand???

Has anyone hear how White Power Suspension products are?

If u could just post some ideas, thanks

02-19-2004, 11:34 AM
Works shocks do a great job. IF you don't want to drop a ton of money get them. YOu'll be plenty happy with their performance.

JDiablo
02-19-2004, 11:42 AM
thats true rico,but im saying if you want the best ride aviable and would make your riding expierence that much more better,i would think for you to save up a little bit and buy the elkas,or sometimes if you check the for sale section on here elkas pop up every now and then.But forget about Axis they will cost you a arm and a leg,but they are the best aviable then come elka,pep,etc

Pappy
02-19-2004, 11:47 AM
Elka makes a Recreational atv shock thats has pre load adj. and 5/8 shafts and the typical benefits of hard anodized bodies and they can be fully rebuilt and ordered custom set for your weight and riding style. they are available in dual and tripple rate configuration. you can get them with reservoirs or they can be upgraded later.

Chanman420q
02-19-2004, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
Elka makes a Recreational atv shock thats has pre load adj. and 5/8 shafts and the typical benefits of hard anodized bodies and they can be fully rebuilt and ordered custom set for your weight and riding style. they are available in dual and tripple rate configuration. you can get them with reservoirs or they can be upgraded later.

yes those cost about 500 bucks, the works tripples are about 480. spend the extra 30 or 40 bucks and get the elkas, in the long run its a better

markk
02-19-2004, 01:51 PM
does anyone know anything about TCS, Im seriously thinking about works, or a freind of mine has some OEM TRX450r shocks, If he decides to run his elkas, then they will be up for grabs! (hows that break-in coming along,patte440)

Greg Z
02-19-2004, 02:02 PM
im probably going to get flammed but

I like TCS better then ELKA

for the money and the performance TCS puts out...

I think TCS is better

I heard from some one that TCS uses the same body and shock spring that AXIS uses

cdalejef
02-19-2004, 02:14 PM
Actually, it was Elka that made the parts for TCS.

02-19-2004, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by Jeff@QuadShop
Actually, it was Elka that made the parts for TCS.

:o :o

Greg Z
02-19-2004, 02:33 PM
unfortuantly elka has revalving problems because of the thing with the offset rims

i bet you remeber that thread right?? awhile ago lets hope we got that problem fixed

IN case you dont remember

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=72374&highlight=Elka

i found the tread for you

That is one of the reasons why I do not run elka and iv heard blown shocks on brand new elka shocks and all the Valving problems...

wwclea01
02-19-2004, 02:39 PM
Well I bought a set of works triple rates with rezzies for a 250r for 200 bucks. They seem pretty good to me. I would rather spend 200 for a nice set of works than 500 on elkas. just my 02 cents

cdalejef
02-19-2004, 02:40 PM
Yes, I remember that....he lied! I called Elka and they said they never told him that.
There is no problems with Elka valving :rolleyes:

Greg Z
02-19-2004, 02:42 PM
I dont think he lied... we use to ride almost every weekend we're good friends

i dont think he lied.........................

02-19-2004, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by Greg Z
unfortuantly elka has revalving problems because of the thing with the offset rims

i bet you remeber that thread right?? awhile ago lets hope we got that problem fixed

IN case you dont remember

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=72374&highlight=Elka

i found the tread for you

That is one of the reasons why I do not run elka and iv heard blown shocks on brand new elka shocks and all the Valving problems...

I "HEARD" the elephant man had a 3 foot johnson... :huh

cdalejef
02-19-2004, 02:45 PM
I dont think he lied... we use to ride almost every weekend we're good friends

i dont think he lied......................... Ok

Greg Z
02-19-2004, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by Rico
I "HEARD" the elephant man had a 3 foot johnson... :huh

yeah and if your referring about hearing peoples complaints/opinions.. then I wouldnt beleive this whole site with there information..... and i know and seen it at the local track ( elkas blown ) theres a guyover at www.liquads.com that just told me he hated his elkas and PEP is much much better well i must say thats defiantly true.

cdalejef
02-19-2004, 02:58 PM
Huh....thats funny, I have a pair of PEP's sitting on my bench that are blown. As a matter of fact, I have had everysingle brand of shock come through here that have been blown.
Guess what.......there isn't a shock on the market that can't blow!

Greg Z
02-19-2004, 03:02 PM
your missing the point... were thoughs shocks new?

the elkas that i saw get blown was ona MX track and it was like his 5th lap on his brand new elkas:rolleyes:

02-19-2004, 03:05 PM

the elkas that i saw get blown was ona MX track and it was like his 5th lap on his brand new elkas:rolleyes:

Let me guess... His name was quadtrix6........:eek:

Greg Z
02-19-2004, 03:06 PM
last time i checked he ran peps and his shocks are perfectly fine....

:o

cdalejef
02-19-2004, 03:08 PM

the elkas that i saw get blown was ona MX track and it was like his 5th lap on his brand new elkas:rolleyes: Oh my goodness :eek2:

02-19-2004, 03:09 PM
last time i checked he ran peps and his shocks are perfectly fine....

:o

I heard he couldnt' ride and still had to wait like 9 years for the peps to show up...:confused:

cdalejef
02-19-2004, 03:10 PM
He must be fast.....maybe he could take Doug Gusts place with team Suzuki!

Greg Z
02-19-2004, 03:15 PM
:rolleyes: why you guys mad at him ? for providing correct information?

cdalejef
02-19-2004, 03:18 PM
Who's mad? :confused:

Pappy
02-19-2004, 03:19 PM
the thread starter asked for opinions between elka and works.

why the hell is it everytime there is a shock pissing fit it has to do with someone from jersey:confused:

Greg Z
02-19-2004, 03:40 PM
im just trying to provide the right information and rico is having a sissy fit and dissin a person that doesnt even come to the site no more

AND I CAN SEE WHY..

02-19-2004, 03:54 PM
i am bored so I am going to talk now:

I am not speaking of anyone in this post, just what this post reminds me of.

i find it funny that peolple think that whatever product they have is the best! That is great to tell your self so you don't think you made a mistake in your purchase. But most people, I would venture to say almost all people have not had the experiance with different brands of products to give a good opinion on which is better. I have bought some stuff before that was not the best product out there, I knew it was not the best nor did I tell anyone it was the best!

I also beleive and understand that everyone is intitled to their own opinion. i also feel you should be more than welcome to post your opinions on this site. I think the amount of peoples opinion on this site is one of the things that make it great.

BUT if there is one fault one drawback or any down side to reading the post on here is the amount of agueing!

Pappy you can delete this now like I said I am bored and felt like talking, know I wasn't really saying anything!

Pappy
02-19-2004, 03:56 PM
i geuss you dont follow the rules because before i even realized id done it, i banned you for posting a page full of crap in another thread.

but to answer you, i could give a ratts butt less what shocks anyone runs. ive had them all and each has thier pluses and minuses. life is too short to argue about this stuff....i learned that awhile back

batgeek
02-19-2004, 05:11 PM
shocks are like chicks...

i dont care if it's a redhead or a blonde or a brunette:

as long as it's bouncy and is lubed in the correct places....I'LL RIDE IT!!!

Taco
02-19-2004, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by batgeek
as long as it's bouncy and is lubed in the correct places....I'LL RIDE IT!!! :eek2: :eek2:

QuadTrix6
02-19-2004, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by Jeff@QuadShop
Yes, I remember that....he lied! I called Elka and they said they never told him that.
There is no problems with Elka valving :rolleyes:

listen guys as much as i would love to come on and argue with rico jeff pappy...blah blah im not i just wanted to say i never lied. im not a liar and im not from jersey kenny. im from new york and i have friends in jersey so im not sure what your problem is with jersey. jeff you can believe whatever you want but i did not lie and im sure you know that. its been fun guys but im not gonna bother with all this anymore. you all know my stance just do a search ;) nice that everyone remembers me though :devil:, see ya in the for sale section lol
:p

lata
John:devil:

Pappy
02-19-2004, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by Pappy

but to answer you, i could give a ratts butt less what shocks anyone runs. ive had them all and each has thier pluses and minuses. life is too short to argue about this stuff....i learned that awhile back

read it, learn it ...live it:bandit:

Chanman420q
02-19-2004, 06:57 PM
yes arguing can go on forever and ever... tehehehe