PDA

View Full Version : ATV Television - Sport Quads

Doibugu2
02-19-2004, 09:05 AM
Did anyone see ATV Television last night? I happened to catch the end of it and they started talking about how most of the ATV riders are the casual rider and most people ride utilities and that is why they have been focusing most of there shows on utilities and such.

So they go on to say that they aren't going to have sport quads on there shows at all anymore.

My jaw just kind of dropped because I figured they could just give us at least 5 minutes a show or something.

So then he goes on to say that around June they are going to have an entire show dedicated to sport quads. Going to have race coverage, reviews, how to's, and so.

So we are growing!

AndrewRRR
02-19-2004, 09:29 AM
I stopped watching that show because pretty much all they show is utilities anyway. I think they are really underestimating the amount of sport quad riders out there. They need to do most episodes about sport quads and a few per year about utilities (near hunting seasons).
Any venture capitalists wanna sponsor a show dedicated to sport quads?

beak7707
02-19-2004, 09:29 AM
That sounds pretty sweet, I'm sick of watching utilities!!

Sportrax10
02-19-2004, 09:47 AM
Yea most of the utility quads that are bought, sit in a garage and wait untill theres work to be done like there lawnmowers.

Sport quads are whats important!!!:devil:

Spency400
02-19-2004, 10:37 AM
I'm not sure if anyone posted about it yet, but "ATV Sport TV" is debuting on the outdoor channel starting in April. There is an article on it in the April issue of ATV Sport, page 8.

AndrewRRR
02-19-2004, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by Spency400
I'm not sure if anyone posted about it yet, but "ATV Sport TV" is debuting on the outdoor channel starting in April. There is an article on it in the April issue of ATV Sport, page 8.

Thats good, maybe we'll get a decent show about ATVs that are fast enough to get out of their own way.
There was a show I saw once that showed sport quads and quad MX racing. They mentioned dirt wheels like it was put on by them. It may have been Fisher's ATV world. I think it was on ESPN2, and it was on at the same time as ATV TV. I only caught it once.

SSRedRider
02-19-2004, 12:37 PM
ATV Tv sucks. The host only shows utilities because thats all he can ride, and slow at that. He seems kinda dorky, He is also the host of 4 x 4 Tv that airs after ATV Tv. He acts the same there too. I do like the rock climbing on 4x4 Tv.

insaneracin2003
02-19-2004, 12:52 PM
I got my ATV Sport mag a few days ago,and Spency400 is rite,in April thay will be debuting a sport edition for atvs tv.:D i cant wait to watch it.
Also that guy from ATV TV is so ignint "I DONT LIKE THE ERGONOMICS OF THIS UTILITY ATV":p how funny is this jack-wad

ReconRider25
02-19-2004, 01:31 PM
where and when is this show?

Spency400
02-19-2004, 01:55 PM
Saturday April 3rd @ 9AM est. is the first show. It will air additional times during the week: Wednesday – 11PM and Friday – 5:30PM

AndrewRRR
02-19-2004, 06:48 PM
"I liked the YFZ but it went over 30mph so it scared me and I ended the test... now back to the utilities"

Berry
02-19-2004, 06:53 PM
what channel does this come on? speedvision? :confused:

AndrewRRR
02-19-2004, 06:59 PM
OLN outdoor channel

ATC Crazy
02-19-2004, 07:13 PM
Ya, I own a utility and I'm even sick of seeing them. All they do on that show anyways, is crawl through the rocks and go down dusty roads. Boooooring :rolleyes:

AndrewRRR
02-20-2004, 01:30 PM
Then talk about how great of a jumper the Polaris 700 is as (with teeth clenched and knuckles white) the machine unweights and the front wheels come a death-defying 1/2" off the ground!
OOhhh gives me chills just thinking about it :rolleyes:
I think we need an ATV show with younger people running it. How about the Dana Creech ATV hour on Speedvision? :D

SSRedRider
02-20-2004, 01:54 PM
quote:
How about the Dana Creech ATV hour on Speedvision?

I would watch it.

batgeek
02-20-2004, 02:52 PM
you guys are tooooo XtReMe for ATV TV!!!

really, if you look at the sales for ATV every year, the utes outsell the sports by quite a large margin. they are only catering to the numbers game.

the world doesn't revolve around you, as much as you would like to think. :rolleyes:

ATC Crazy
02-20-2004, 08:06 PM
...But there are also about 3 times more utility models than there are sport models...

AndrewRRR
02-21-2004, 01:45 AM
The utes may outsell the sport quads. But who do you think is buying the performance parts that are sponsoring the show? Most utility quad buyers just buy an ATV and leave it stock. We are the ones with the multi million dollar aftermarket following. If they are too dumb to realize that, screw em, I'll make a show and cash in on the dollars they could have had.

mikeman828
02-21-2004, 07:11 AM
I agree ATV Tv is pretty lame, but it's better than nothin.

Lately they have been having some sport quads on it, they had a test of a Polaris Predator, jumping techniques w/ shots of a TRX450R and YFZ 450..... not all bad.

My thing is why doesn't someone televise races like the GNC MX series??? I watched snomobile snocross the other day and there was NOONE in the stands, yet they televise it.....

When we went to Southwick last year for the Nationals, there was a good size crowd. I really think they could make out putting it on TV......just like they do with Supercross for the bikes..
maybe someday....

Just my .02

:devil: