PDA

View Full Version : kill switch

jakeass
02-18-2004, 08:03 PM
Hey I am trying to install a kill switch and need to know where to wire it in can someone help.
Jake

JDiablo
02-18-2004, 08:29 PM
what kinda quad you got.....but here is the basic setup....hope it a pro design but most kill switches are like this i think http://www.off-road.com/atv/reviews/products/ProDesign/

but for next time when you have a question like this or something else...the search button works wonders man...lol

JOEX
02-18-2004, 08:37 PM
If it is a two wire setup one wire is spliced into the black w/ yellow stripe wire coming out of the CDI box. The other one goes to a ground, I used the bolt for the fender bracket to frame.

Joe

EXerHonda400
02-22-2004, 06:57 PM
if you have a 400ex one goes you the black with yellow stripe, but if you don't the colors will be different, look at a wiring schematic and find the "hot" wire that goes to your Ignition Coil from your CDI. One goes there the other to ground like the last JOEX said.

2004TRX450R
02-24-2004, 12:54 AM
On pretty much any Honda the kill switch wire is Black/White. That is the wire that goes to the factory kill switch. Hook one wire to it and the other to ground and you are done.