PDA

View Full Version : help with new motor asap

fultz416ex
02-18-2004, 07:14 PM
i just put new 425 kit in my 400ex. i put a hotcam stage 2 in it also. i still a using the stock carb without a lid on the airbox. i am running straight race gas. when i went to start it up tonight for the first time, the starter would turn and it would act like it wanted to start but there was a clicking noise in the carb. does anybody know what is wrong? i never did get t started. has anybody ever heard of this before. my quad has been torn down for about two monthes and the carb has been sitting in a box. could the float be stuck? i have a new plug in it also. thanks
travis

fultz416ex
02-18-2004, 08:01 PM
anyone?

turnandburn
02-18-2004, 08:17 PM
im am free thursday could check it out if you want, could be the float tap on it with a wrench. Is the timing marks dead on? also valves set correctly.

JDiablo
02-18-2004, 08:32 PM
its a dead battery,it was a clicking noise right,check your start rely.It is were the rest of the wires connect to the battery,just follow the posotive wire from the battery to a this round thing (start rely)then hit the starter button if it clicks and you can feel it click on the start rely then all you have is a dead battery

Aceman
02-18-2004, 10:46 PM
That is a dead battery and your starter relay is clicking. Charge your battery or replace it and your problem will disappear.

435exr
02-19-2004, 12:12 AM
clicking noise from the carb and sounding like it wanted to start?
sounds like it is backfiring from the intake. your timing marks may be off. check your timing marks.