PDA

View Full Version : 400ex MODS

shook
03-01-2002, 01:57 PM
I have been talking to an engine builder about building up my motor he says the only way to be really reliable is to go with the stroker crank and that was a lot better than just going and boring it to a 440 and would run better and his price was pretty cheap istalled for $660.00 bucks hesaid it would definately be noticeable even with the xr400 cam he recommended a web 450/451 cam and when I asked him about the rockers he said there was no need with that cam to hard face them

I goth this guys name from a friend who races and said that this guys motors are always finishing up front and are fast as crap and he has never seen one break his name is Bud Fischer has anyone ever heard of him and what have you heard

400MXer
03-01-2002, 02:24 PM
Bud is doing my motor. He is good, he now's what he is talking about. I would deffinetly go with that. i didn't do it because i didn't want to mess with my crank just yet.

Dave400ex
03-01-2002, 08:56 PM
Bud Fischer knows what he is talking about. 400MXer seems to be very Happy with the one Fischer Motor he rode. He liked it enough to have Bud Build his. I would Trust Bud to Build mine, Go for it.

jcv400ex
03-01-2002, 09:34 PM
Yeah, that quad was just featured in Dirt Wheels. Nice setup. It was a 88mm piston stroked 6 or 8 mm's I think. Yeah, Def. go with the Web 450/451 with that engine. You won't need hardened rockers as long as you don't let the quad idle for long periods of time.

I do doubt it's only $660 total though. That's gotta be for just splitting the cases and re-working the crank. But total bill, your looking at quite a bit of money. Split the cases, machine the crank, new piston kit, gaskets, valve seals, boring out the cylinder, port and polish.....thats prob. around $1,100 when your all said and done. THen your left with a pipe/carb decision. But please don't ask about that! just check out the last couple of posts........it's mind boggling! :-) LoL!

03-01-2002, 10:48 PM
cts 440 kit, wich is sweet, has cam, piston of ur compression choice, valves lapped, head ported, bord out cylinder, gaskets, head cleand and suff, and im thinkin wok to for 1225.00