PDA

View Full Version : Slip on To Full System?

01_400exrider
02-17-2004, 08:59 PM
Hey guys, i wanted to know something real quick. Has anyone gone from just a slip on to a full exhaust system? I have done a 440 kit, cam, gearing, and K&N filter. I was wondering if i would notice any difference between my t-4 slip on and a full race system. I was thinking ofone of Eddie Sanders new pipes, cause my family knows him real well. But i was thinking of someone like LRD or TC? What do you guys think?

foleyit
02-17-2004, 09:37 PM
Yeah, I went from an aftermarket head pipe and WB e-series slip-on to a full system. I would have to say that I did notice a difference. I went with my WB R4 pro-meg system and am happy with the noticeable performance. I wanted the Sparks X-6 system, but my buddy couldn't get a deal on the Sparks like she did with the WB system.

I've seen the ESR pipes, but not sure on their performance. Hopefully, you can get a really good deal on an ESR system. If you can't get a good deal you may want to search on the site about pipes. A lot of threads say go Sparks. I'm not sure where you ride, but if noise level is something you need to consider that will also play a factor in your decision.

01_400exrider
02-17-2004, 09:44 PM
Thanx for the reply, Noise is not a factor in my area. I was thinking of the sparks X-6. See my problem is i dont want to spend 500-600 bux on something I wont really notice a difference with. I want to know if it is going to boost up my power a bit.

hondafreestyler
02-18-2004, 02:45 PM
buy the sparks x-6 is noise isn't an issue ...

its $489 ... if u go with stainless a little more ...

youll feel the difference

Dunesurfer
02-18-2004, 04:02 PM
The sparks is a good choice. I had a Duncan and really liked it. The good full systems are alot of $$ but better to spend the extra dough and get a good one than to buy a slip on and later buy the full system. Only buy it once.
Sparks, LRD, Duncan, white bro's are all good choices. Call C&D Racing.

crashinmatt
02-18-2004, 06:43 PM
i would also look into HMF pipe. very good quality, and u can get a quiet core if neccesary, and wont lose much of the gained power.