PDA

View Full Version : IPT Holeshot XCR's

Blackguywithouta400
03-01-2002, 12:45 PM
I just got my new tires from Marcums today so im going to have them put on my stock rims tomarrow and go ride them. I read in Dirt Wheels the new XCR's are supposed to be made for 4 strokes with the 400ex in mind. They are designed to have less side bite so it takes less to get them into a slide. I cant wait to get them mounted up. Got them for 125$ To my door from Marcums Great Deal. Im going riding this weekend to try them out also they are 20x11x9 with a 6 ply design. :D

03-01-2002, 01:48 PM
Cool, good luck!!!

One of my buddies ("exermike") had his mounted and raced with them last Sunday. He said he had a hard time keeping the front end down due to so much bite the new XCR's have. He went from the 20" ITP XC's to the XCR's. Needless to say, he is very happy with his XCR's!

I hope to have mine mounted up for this Sundays race..... I'm still a little nervous on the rocky trails with this small diameter tire. Note: when you put the 20" XC's next to the new XCR's, there is a noticeable difference.... the XCR's are smaller.... even compared to bald XC's.

Blackguywithouta400
03-01-2002, 02:31 PM
How do they slide? I had a problem with the stockers all ways wanting to roll over on me and bite making me bicycle. I hope these dont do that same thing as much or as easy.

knighttime
03-01-2002, 02:39 PM
The tires you are getting and all "flat" tires powerslide much, much better than the stockers.

TRFOXX
03-01-2002, 11:24 PM
I have them on my 400 and really like them they bite a whole lot better than the stockers.

Drtridr18
03-02-2002, 07:56 PM
what front tires are you running to match the xcr's, the 22" XC's? how do they do in all-around stuff, do they pack up a lot?

thank you

03-02-2002, 09:38 PM
I just got myself the 20" Holeshot MX front tires to run with my XCR's..... even for Hare Scrambles. My thoughts: They are much closer to the stockers than the XC Holeshot fronts.... thought I'd try them out. Otherwise I would recommend the XC fronts.... but I don't like how they push in turns for me.... that's why I'm trying the 20" MX's.

03-02-2002, 09:43 PM
Like the way they handle.. Way better than stock 22's... the 21's have a better feel to them

Dave400ex
03-02-2002, 09:45 PM
Is ITP going to make Front XCR`s? Does anybody know?

03-03-2002, 06:46 AM
at the moment im running XC's on the back and stockers up front. the problem is the fronts are worn out and im planning on racing mx this year. i was also considering going with XCR's /w 20in MX's up front. my question is would that work? i do alot of trail riding right now but im trying to keep from having to buy 2 sets of tires. one for trails and one for mx. do yall think it would work or should i just stick with 18in mx tires? i wouldnt think the mx tires would be any good at all for trail riding.

wiplash
04-19-2002, 11:59 AM
How did those XCR's work out for you? I'm thinking of picking up some soon. Are they lower profile than the stockers? Just looking for some general feedback, ground clearance, sliding ability, how they hook up etc... I've been reading over past posts on tires/rims combos, trying to make a decision. Thanks!

Crowdog
04-19-2002, 12:31 PM
What is the difference between an XCR and an XCT?

Blackguywithouta400
04-19-2002, 01:04 PM
These things are great i love them i cant wait to get some regular holeshots on the front, ive run so far like 10 races on them and they work wonderful on hardpack and soft stuff. They slide well and you will be able to power steer them like no other, i get the holeshot too as there forward traction is superb. they do look funny though, this is why. if u buy 20x11x9 tire u will get a 19 3/4 x 10 1/2x9 tire there skinny compaired to the other 20x11x9 tires out there but they hook up and go, i rode the trail with them 1 time and they didnt do so well in athe mud but i guess since i buried my quad up to the side case nothing would have. I recomend these tires 100% but they do require some better then stock fronts because they will push the fronts with there better grip in slower corners i would put holeshots up there too.:D

Colin400EX
04-19-2002, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by Crowdog
What is the difference between an XCR and an XCT?

Go check out ITP's Holeshot webpage (http://www.itptires.com/holeshot.html) for the descriptions of each of the models..

Basicly, T means tall, R means Radial.. Anyone know how old an X/T model rear Holehot tire is?

wiplash
04-19-2002, 01:39 PM
I think the difference betweent the two are the size....BlackGuyona400... When you did have them on the trail, did you mostly ride in the mud? I'm just wondering about the ground clearance. If I go with the 22" XCT's, I wonder if they will have smaller dimensions similiar to the XCR's?

Thanks!

04-19-2002, 08:01 PM
xcr - cross country race
xct - cross country trail

Ex'r Marlin
04-20-2002, 09:07 PM
Anyone know how old an X/T model rear Holehot tire is? [/B]

ITP came out with the XCT tires at the end of 1998. I got my set of XCT's in February of 99.

There is a big noticeable difference between the ITP XC 20" rear tire and the ITP XCT 22" rear tire. Now, looking at my 20" XCR's versus my 20" XC's, I notice the XCR's are closer to diameter of the 400ex stockers.

MOOCAZEN
04-24-2002, 04:02 PM
XCRS AND I WENT WITH THE ITP HOLESHOT 20 IN THE FRONT, BUT I WOULD RATHER HAVE THE MX ONES IN THE FRONT