PDA

View Full Version : Offroad Fury 2 Online

Berry
02-17-2004, 08:38 PM
almost every one of my friends has a ps2 besides me. i go one for christams last year but i took it back because i played them with my buddies so much that it was almost like i had one. well now things faded and im usually home on the computer but thats getting old. well every weekend when i go to my friends i play atv offroad fury 2 and i love that game! so ive got some money and i think im gonna go out and buy a ps2 and offroad fury. i hear of people playing online i just want too know what its like? is it cool or total BS? is it slow? does it cost alot? things like that. please tell me none of my friends have the online adaptor! whats it like! thanks

crap-banshee32
02-17-2004, 08:44 PM
adaptor is like $40....u can use Broadband or dial up for the game...

with Broadband u race 3 other ppl, with dial up u only race one other.

the racing is usually pretty smooth unless the host is lagging alot...

its a **** load of fun, expecially when u talk crap in the chat room after u whoop ppl:D .

Nick

Berry
02-17-2004, 08:50 PM
whats broadband? i have cable internet if that helps??

crap-banshee32
02-17-2004, 08:52 PM
broadband is like cable...dsl...T1...T3...etc....all the fast speed internets....
everything that u dont have to dial up 2.

Berry
02-17-2004, 08:53 PM
sweet. so i can plug up the adaptor to my internet connection!!!!!?????

easman31
02-17-2004, 08:55 PM
ITS AWESOME. HOOK UP.............

Berry
02-17-2004, 09:41 PM
bump

SGA
02-17-2004, 10:16 PM
First you buy the ps2 modem. It plugs into the back of the ps2. Then you plug your phone cord into that if you have dial up, or plug your cat5 cable in if you have that. The ps2 modem takes both kinds. Then you put the setup disk into the ps2 that comes with the modem and set it up using the TV screen to tie into your internet provider. Its not that hard at all. It saves all settings to a memory card so you dont have to set it up every time.
You WILL need a memory card if you buy a ps2. You prob can borrow one from a friend till you get one.
Also, see if they will throw in offroad fury two if you buy a ps2, or at least give you a cut on the price of it. Many video shops will do that. Not wal mart though.

Oh, Dial up is fair on ps2, kinda jerky. Cable or DSL is the way to go.

Disaster
02-17-2004, 11:47 PM
Ok well its just like playing games on a computer connection wise usually the servers that lag are ones with Dial up but other then that the game is a blast online and yes if u have the money get the ps2 modem and game..

MOFO
02-18-2004, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by js52589
just a few tips that i had problems with when i got mine

1-memory card, make sure you pick one up you will need it to save connection config.

2-if the automatic settings arent working when setting up the connection, power off the cable modem while its connected to the ps2 and turn it back on, i have to do this every time I switch between pc and ps2, i gave up on getting it connected for a while before I was told to try this.

you need a router.

ReconRider25
02-18-2004, 01:20 PM
you need a router.

ive been considering getting a ps2 with off road furry too.....i have a wireless router......will that work?

Tommy 17
02-18-2004, 01:25 PM
my ps2 is on teh complete other side of my house... how can i hook my dsl from my computer up 2 it???? i need to get it atleast 35ft to my ps2...

whats router???

MOFO
02-18-2004, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by Tommy 17
my ps2 is on teh complete other side of my house... how can i hook my dsl from my computer up 2 it???? i need to get it atleast 35ft to my ps2...

whats router???

LOL well you could do what I did... go get yourself some Cat5e cable and RJ45 ends and make yourself a long arse cord....

or buy a wireless router.

Ralph
02-18-2004, 05:45 PM
a router basically splits ur one cable coming out of ur moden into 4 or 5 depending what kind of router it is, then u can use several diff computers or playstations off the one connection.

SGA
02-18-2004, 06:46 PM
I ran a Cat5 cable from the router to the other end of the house. About 100 Ft. Works good. Went up in the attic and dropped it down the walls. A clean professional installation.