PDA

View Full Version : Yoshimura COMP, White Bros. R4, Big Gun??

Drtridr18
08-20-2001, 06:21 PM
Please rate the quality/power range and increase/noise level of these pipes. I like the supertrapp IDS II which my friend has, but i want to run a complete system, and i dont like the disc thing. Stock db is 88 right? Of course i want a louder pipe with a growl, but i dont want it to rattle my head inside my helmet and annoy the people around where i ride! I heard they were all great, and i like their looks also. Thank you very much for your help!

Wheelie
08-20-2001, 08:56 PM
They are all a good quality pipe. The Big Gun and R4 will be very close on the power output and weight. Big Gun is rated at 98db and the R4 at 97db, all around very close between those two. Yoshi on the other hand is lighter than the previous two if you go with titanium, but more expensive too. The Yoshi will put out a touch more power at 95db. There are cheaper alternatives to the Yoshi with Aluminum and Stainless constructed pipes as well. Good Luck on your choice.

radchad3
08-28-2001, 08:04 PM
I would seriously consider a slip on. I have called alot of shops and heard that the stock header flows well, unless you have a highly modified engine....maybe you do. If not WB and Yoshi each make good slip on pipes. The WB e series I believe makes 95 dbs of sound but I am not sure on the Yoshi. I would go with a slip on though if I were you....that is if money is a factor. Hope this helps. Good luck

3hondas
08-28-2001, 08:52 PM
The only 2 pipes my mechanic recommends are the White Bros E or the Pro Circuit T4. He is Curt at WMR Competition Performance here in West Palm Beach. They specialize in building racing MX bike motors and suspension. I went with the full system and I have no regrets.

08-31-2001, 08:53 PM
why dont you consider the growl and performance of the full lrd system? get the head pipe make sure you have the highest flowing header not just a good flowing one

09-01-2001, 10:14 AM
DO NOT GET THE BIG GUN COMPLETE!

The big gun is the worst pipe on the market after all the money you pay, it will fall apart, trust me. The best choice would be the WB complete, but that is a disc system. I chose DMC and have no regrets, I have owned 4 different systems. The R4 is not a disc system and should work fine also. I don't know much about the pro circuit, but I have heard the head pipe is too small.

Prices are different:

R4-$449
DMC-$459
E-series-$429
Yoshi, over priced, well over $500
Pro circuit-$399
These are prices for complete systems.

400exBro
09-01-2001, 11:01 AM
ya like LDJ said WB is a good company to go with i bout the e-seris and i love it sounds great awsome power (with the k&n power kit) so its all on how much you want to spend!!
lata
400exBro

09-01-2001, 11:46 AM
Go to this site and check out the prices and scroll down in exhaust section and check out the exhaust shootout they did. I got the Pro Circuit T-4 and it rips !
Here's Marcum's ATV's site = http://www.motorcycle-atv-pwc.com/
John