PDA

View Full Version : perfprmance

flyin_high
02-17-2004, 07:39 PM
say if you have a 400ex with this done to it:
-supertrapp tuneable exaust
-dynojet carb jetting kit
- hotcam' stage two for low to mid range power increase.

Would you be able to notice a diffrence from a stock 400ex ??? im guessing that there should be noticeable diffrence for sure but just wanted to know for sure, thanks.

JDiablo
02-17-2004, 08:52 PM
hell ya,you can feel a diffrence in power with just the exhaust,but later on i would get a better one though,although i heard that they are exaclty the same as the big gun systems:)

cals400ex
02-18-2004, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by flyin_high
say if you have a 400ex with this done to it:
-supertrapp tuneable exaust
-dynojet carb jetting kit
- hotcam' stage two for low to mid range power increase.

Would you be able to notice a diffrence from a stock 400ex ??? im guessing that there should be noticeable diffrence for sure but just wanted to know for sure, thanks.

your power band will be very different from stock. you should have more power up top and less down low. the stage 2 cam is made for mid to highend power. you will loose some bottom end for sure with the stock piston. if you are set on leaving the piston stock, i would put in a stage 1. i sent you a pm.

H_W
02-18-2004, 02:29 PM
Yea, stage 2 cams are for mid to top end, and stage 1 cams are for low to mid range.

flyin_high
02-18-2004, 06:58 PM
hmm thats weird, in a hotcam thingy i have here it says on the paper that stage 1: excellent mid to top end power,

stage 2: low to mid range power, intended for motocross racing, uses stock valve springs and rockers.

mustang93
02-18-2004, 07:00 PM
TYPO

cals400ex
02-18-2004, 07:00 PM
you will gain nice mid to top end increases with the stage 1, but it just won't rev quite as high as the stage 2.

flyin_high
02-18-2004, 07:14 PM
i have a pic of my bike, cal, how do i post it on here?? i have np clue how to do it.http://groups.msn.com/flyinlow/shoebox.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=14

JDiablo
02-18-2004, 07:50 PM
www.allbrand.nu and load it from there...then when you uploaded them on the site....hit post reply and then you have a button under the smilies thats says "img" hit then go back to the page were you have your uploaded picture and hit the url and just copy paste it to the "img" thing and then hit ok