PDA

View Full Version : rear axis shock rezzy location?

crashinmatt
03-01-2002, 12:27 PM
I was installing my axis shocks(finally), and I put the fronts on and clamped the rezzies to the frame. I then went to the rear. I put the shock on and cant find a place to clamp the rezzy. The line is about 2 feet long. It reaches the front, but I already have my front rezzies there. Where have you guys clamped the rezzy from the rear shock? I was trying different spots, but nothing would work.Any suggestions would be great. Thanks

Evan
03-01-2002, 12:38 PM
Well I put me rear axis down by my right knee. Ran it along the frame then made a loop in front of the motor and twisted it back around and attached it to the frame right under the black panel, turned the selection knob down a little so I could get to it. I hope this helps. Look at this pic you can see the little red dot that is the selector and the canister is pointed toward the front.

crashinmatt
03-01-2002, 01:36 PM
X-rider, I tried putting the can the way that you did. I couldn't get it to mount with the knob down. I don't know if the line is put on different, but I may need a different suggestion. Thanks anyway X-rider.

Scott
03-01-2002, 01:51 PM
In the words of JabberJaws, put it under the swingarm skid so no one will mess with it. Or may on the front bumper so you can adjust it easier. Inside your tool box tube would be cool.

:D :blah :blah :D

03-01-2002, 01:59 PM
I have mine where the battery would sit on your 400EX.

crashinmatt
03-01-2002, 02:20 PM
Thanks guys for the help. I just found a spot. I have it on the right side in front of the motor, behind the black panel. It's kinda like X-riders but in front of the motor. I have one more question. The heat from the motor isn't going to hurt the performance or anything else is it?

Evan
03-01-2002, 05:24 PM
Mine is in front of the motor too, the red button on the left is the on/off switch. The one on the right is the adjuster knob and yes it was funky to get it to mount right but you have to run it away then back to the spot to make it work.