PDA

View Full Version : LT 50 hop ups??????

Ericthered rdr
02-17-2004, 06:54 PM
Santa gave my son an Lt50 for xmass

He is not big enough for a LT80 but he has gotten better then the quad will let him ride. Is there any mods out there that will wake it up any. On some hills it just doesnt have the umph it needs. Yes I pulled the restricters out.

Quadaholic
02-17-2004, 08:34 PM
If you have an '02-04 LT-A50, CT Racing and Graydon Proline are making pipes. Don't know about spark arrestors or availability. Hope it helps.

cjpoole1
02-17-2004, 08:54 PM
Someone on another forum posted this on lt50's

1. Remove the exhaust from the cylinder and eliminate the washer that reduces exhaust flow. You will now experience more top speed.

2. Remove the stock air filter and install a K&N or Uni 2 stage foam pod. This requires that you get an air filter adapter. I use my own adapter but you can also get the filter adapter used on the Go-Peds. It will work just fine but use should use some red thread lock on the two screws (if they back off, they will go into the motor). If you are riding in sand, go with the K&N and an Outerwear. In wet conditions, foam is better. In either case, make sure you don't remove the rubber baffle that lays over the filter that came from Suzuki.

3. Pull the intake manifold and remove the hardened steel slotted restrictor. I heat the manifold and then place a large screw driver in the slot and turn -- The screw driver was kept in the freezer so that it would draw the heat out of the steel restrictor. Once you get it out, you can back fill the void with JB Weld and then remake the hole so that there is no transition. It is very easy.

4. Pull the carb. Remove the slide cover and eliminate the brass sleeve located between the slide and the slide cover. Next, raise the needle one clip position (make the needle higher). While you are there, pull the float bowl and locate the pilot jet. Remove it. You will see that there is a second pilot jet located just behind the one you removed. Leave that one alone -- it is the correct size for the unrestricted engine. NOTE: On occasion, the fuel needle and seat is too small. If you are skilled at jet work, you can attempt to drill it and hone a new seat for the needle. This may only be necessary if you cannot get full throttle to hit without falling off within 15 feet.

5. Oil injection. Remove it if you want. Your engine will be alot happier. At a minimum, you can reduce the rate of oil. This mod will also SUBSTANTIALLY reduce the amount of pressure on the thumb throttle!

6. Clutch. This is slightly more involved but can be done. Simply increase the spring tension on the clutches. If your clutch is old, just buy a new one and modify it before installation.

7. Exhaust baffle. Remove it and cut the last 3" off. That will eliminate the spark arrestor function so drive safely. I braze a down turn on the exhaust tip just to direct the exhaust away from the plastic and to direct the noise into the ground. I hear a couple of people have made pipes for this machine by why???

8. So you want more power ---- Pull the cylinder. Raise the cylinder so that the transfer ports are fully open when the piston is at BDC. Then correct the squish by decking the cylinder to achieve a .030" squish. I forgot the head cc number I use so just go with a static compression number of 160. Watch the jetting and the spark plug heat range. That B6 is a burner!

Shawn H
02-17-2004, 09:28 PM
Nice
I knew most of the mods but not all

superz400
02-25-2004, 09:11 AM
i have a graydonproline pipe for sale let me know if your interested

Ericthered rdr
02-25-2004, 05:55 PM
sure am! how much shipped to 21050, forest hill maryland

superz400
02-26-2004, 05:47 AM