PDA

View Full Version : Arggggggggg Tax Fraud**********

PHAT400
02-17-2004, 06:08 PM
OK, So I get my taxes done as usual. Same tax guy for 3 years, tell's me I'm getting 4k back in taxes this year. (cool right?;) ) So he e-files lasty week and all is cool.

UNTIL :mad:

today he call's and say's that The I R S has sent back an error message indicating
Error code 0507:

The dependent's social security number cannot be used more than once in a tax return or on another return .

OK, that mean's that some piece of S*** is fraudulently using my 5 yr olds ssn and his name as a dependent for them.

ARGGGGGGGGG :mad: crap, thief's just piss me off.:mad:

Now I have to file again minus my son as a dependent in order to get 2/3 of the return I was expecting. 6 weeks after I receive my return I can file a 1040x (amend) to begin an investigation into the matter. This mean's that the IRS will go to the first party who filed with "MY INFORMATION" and basically demand them to prove that "MY SON" was a dependent in that household. :huh

How the hell do you think they will do that. Well they can't. But I can...

HE'S MY SON DAMN IT HE LOOKS JUST LIKE ME>>>>>>>>

MAN I HATE THIEF'S.

In a nut-shell, I should hopefully see my full return by the end of 2004 only after wasting an entire day by being on the phone to the Social Security Office the IRS and my accountant.

Thanks alot you freak'n bum's... Don't go out and earn a living or anything like the rest of us do.

:mad:

Damn it I hate thief's.:grr:

sorry .... had to vent..

thanks for listening..

:macho

Pappy
02-17-2004, 06:13 PM
chances are someone entered in a number that just happened to match your sons. still sucks.:(

Tommy 17
02-17-2004, 06:14 PM
damn i hate dirties:mad:

JOEX
02-17-2004, 06:15 PM
That sucks:( I guess it's first come first served. Good luck, I hope you get things worked out.

Joe

toby400ex
02-17-2004, 06:39 PM
Kickem de nutz

MOFO
02-17-2004, 06:40 PM
damn, sorry to hear this.... especially when someone gets screwed out of their own tax money. Hopefully they actually do something and trace it back to see who used the SSN.

Braff1
02-17-2004, 06:52 PM
Hopefully this is all just a clerical error, but if you have an ex-wife she may have already filed.

PHAT400
02-17-2004, 07:46 PM
Hopefully that is all it is , you know a mistake, but from all the info the IRS gave me today leads me to believe that it is fraud. Name and SSN was used. I was hoping it was a typo by someone although the IRS does not seem to think so.

Married for 8 yrs (1st marriage) 1 child. Read today in the local paper about a women trying to do her taxes also and had the same problem, some broad was using her 2 daughters names and SSN's as dependant's...

Damn, thanks for the hopeful suugestions, at least I have not been told that I'm completely screwed out of 100%. Thing's could be worse I guess... :grr:

Oh hey, just read in this month's P-boy about gett'n dirty @ the Badland's...

pretty cool.

See ya

02-17-2004, 09:19 PM
my stepmom sent in the wrong SSN for mine when she filled it out..it was one number off....

ewalker302
02-17-2004, 11:30 PM
Originally posted by Jumbo747
my stepmom sent in the wrong SSN for mine when she filled it out..it was one number off....

Ok

So thats where you get it from

:eek:

Disaster
02-17-2004, 11:36 PM
I also believe that someone probably just entered the wrong number but either way it sucks:grr:

MOFO
02-18-2004, 11:27 AM

and how do you know this... :rolleyes:

wilkin250r
02-18-2004, 11:35 AM
Similar thing happened to me. My ex tried to get the jump on me and file first, stupid %*&$%#.

Little did she know, it's not about who files first, but who actually has the right to claim and has proof. I sent in the court order that said I have custody, as well as few other bits of proof. It took a little longer, but I got back the entire return I was entitled.

You won't get screwed out of your money, it will just take a little longer to get your hands on it.

pbarr86
02-18-2004, 12:30 PM
They told me once that I didn't have a son, even though I gave his social and everything. Was a real pain in the ***, I had to speak to them on the phone then I had to mail a bunch of stuff. I asked the guy on the phone if I din't have a son who is kid that has been sleeping in my house, proving to me that the IRS doesn't have a sense of humor cause the guy didn't laugh at all, I thought it was funny and I said it in a totally joking way. If anyone should have been pissed it should have been me.

Paul

PHAT400
02-18-2004, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by pbarr86
They told me once that I didn't have a son, even though I gave his social and everything. Was a real pain in the ***, I had to speak to them on the phone then I had to mail a bunch of stuff. I asked the guy on the phone if I din't have a son who is kid that has been sleeping in my house, proving to me that the IRS doesn't have a sense of humor cause the guy didn't laugh at all, I thought it was funny and I said it in a totally joking way. If anyone should have been pissed it should have been me.

Paul

Oh I know what you meen,, IRS people ar drier that a popcorn fart..... No humor at all.

02-18-2004, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by MOFO
and how do you know this... :rolleyes: b/c she asked me what my SSN was again after she sent it away b/c she was worried she copied it wrong...and sure enough..it was off....whats your problem anyways? :rolleyes:

MOFO
02-18-2004, 05:57 PM
....whats your problem anyways? :rolleyes:

its gonna be you pretty soon. :D

looked like you were just posting another smart remark as usual.

02-18-2004, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by MOFO

looked like you were just posting another smart remark as usual. ok