PDA

View Full Version : What jet size will i need??? HRC end cap only?

sparky450AR
02-17-2004, 02:02 PM
I live in central indiana....what jet size will i need for the hrc end cap only?

Blown 331
02-17-2004, 02:05 PM
I have the whole HRC kit installed on mine and I rode with the end cap only for about a week and it ran fine with the 118 jet but I hear they are really lean just from the factory. Yeah, I know that was a big help.

Honda
02-17-2004, 03:01 PM
Sparky,
I am running the HRC exhaust cap, Crank vent and intake snorkel. I have not rejetted, seems to run fine. I am waiting till it's broken in to install the cam and other parts.

I don't think such a minor change would require any rejetting?

Just my 2 Coins!

Blown 331
02-17-2004, 03:12 PM
What is the point of that crank vent?
The stock one is a little more square but I don't really see how it is different.
I tried the air box lid with out re-jetting and it wouldn't hardly run.

Honda
02-17-2004, 03:26 PM
The Crank vent supplied in the HRC kit is much larger on the inside diameter than the stock vent. I was baffled also, until I saw the larger opening. The larger opening will allow more blow-by gases to pass through, creating more vacume in the crankcase and head. The vacume will increase horsepower.

sparky450AR
02-17-2004, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by Blown 331
I have the whole HRC kit installed on mine and I rode with the end cap only for about a week and it ran fine with the 118 jet but I hear they are really lean just from the factory. Yeah, I know that was a big help.

118 is the stock main, correct?

thanks for the reply's

Varmit57
02-17-2004, 04:40 PM
You guys need to realize that a 4 stroke motor will "run fine" with all kinds of jets in them, but that doesn't mean that it right!

With out writing a book I'll just say that every quad is diffrent and may need a diffrent jet, even if they are set up identical.

Check this link if you want to learn how to do it right! (http://www.eric-gorr.com/techarticles/carbtuning.html)

Just becuse it "runs fine" doesn't mean that you are not hurting the motor or at the least not getting all of the performance that you could from it....

Happy Jetting :)

Blown 331
02-18-2004, 06:46 AM
118 is stock
185 in HRC kit

PATTE440
02-18-2004, 11:49 PM
with the stock jet and air the HRC filter lid and new end cap mine ran like crap so i went and installed the rest of the kit that way i wont have to break in a cam after i break in the motor and it runs great.