PDA

View Full Version : Won't start

4TraxRider
02-17-2004, 10:19 AM
Hey guys, my Z will not start, nomatter what I do. I replaced the radiator this winter, and it sat for about 2 months. Before i put it back together, i cleaned the carb thouroghly, and the air filter. It wouldnt start. I did it again, still won't. New plug, still no, and I tried dumping a little gas down the cylinder to see and it wont fire at all. It has nice blue spark, but when i take the plug out it's almost always wet if i put gas or starting fluid downt eh spark plug hole, but is dry when I don't. It seems like it stops sparking when i thread it down and put the cap on. I'm totally baffled on this one. I know more than enough about engines, and have never had a problem like this. Thanks a lot.

44oEX
02-17-2004, 12:25 PM
get a honda. just kidding. check if you have any compression. Just a guess. you never know. Put in some new gas

4TraxRider
02-17-2004, 04:41 PM
I've got 2 Honda's, I woulnd never own only a Zuk.:blah:
It's got compression. I'm going to tow it behind my EX for a little to see if it needs a popstart. Other than that I have no idea. Anybody else.

BIGGIE
02-18-2004, 08:33 PM
We are having the exact same problem with one of our KFX's Let me know what you find out and Ill do the same if I get mine going first. bgesmls30@earthlink.net

BIGGIE
02-20-2004, 10:12 AM
We worked on our KFX for 4 hours before we found out that the problem was that the floats were out of wack. It then started up first try. Just a suggestion, take a look and see if they need adjusted or take it to your dealer. They will charge you about 115.00 bucks to repair it and it is not a warranty fix.