PDA

View Full Version : Lectron Carb Please help

ChadEXer
03-01-2002, 08:33 AM
Im sending my 400 off to Tom and he is wanting to put a Lectron carb on it. I just heard from someone that Lectron is junk. Does anyone have one of these? How is your experience with it.
Thanks,
Chad

DEAL
03-01-2002, 10:11 AM
They suposibly give really good performance , but they don't have an acclerator pump which makes your machine harder to start.

oynot400
03-01-2002, 10:31 AM
I have heard that the lectron carb puts out good power, which a larger carb should, but are a pain to keep dialed in. I bought the FCR because I have heard too many bad stories about them. One of the neighbors bought one and is having a hard time trying to mount it.

03-01-2002, 10:37 AM
Yup,,the lectrons,,mount all cockeyed,,ya gotta reposition your airbox, it only takes a full race season to get it dialed in and understand the adjustments of it,,and it's mainly for racing,,not a good carb for puttin around on trails and such. I can get a great deal on them,,but don't want the hassle of dialing it in. I believe ya also gotta clean the thing regularly. More power yes,,,reinvinting the wheel,,,NO..

ChadEXer
03-01-2002, 10:43 AM
Well maybe I shouldnt get the Lectron then. Tom said $2500 including the Lectron. What is the price difference between a Lectron and a FCR. Also what size FCR would i need??
Thanks

400MXer
03-01-2002, 12:32 PM
4wheelatv had a carb shootout. and the lectron did make the most power....But, it makes it's power above 6500rpms. I think it would be great for TT racing but not for trails. and an FCR will make great power everywhere on the powerband. the 41mm fcr makes .1 hp less than the lectron, but it gies you great lowend power, which is a place where the lectron has none. In fact the mag. said that even the stock 400ex carb had better power on the bottom end.

as for mounting, the mag said that the lectron was the hardest to instal, you need to fabricate things to make it fit.

hope i helped!

400exJOE
03-01-2002, 12:58 PM
chad, i will sell you one that you could sent to tom to get dialed in for your machine by him. I also have the mounting hardware you will need. Its a 38mm flatside. They cost around $300 new. I will sell it for $200 obo. I have pictures. PM me if you're interested.

400exJOE
03-01-2002, 12:59 PM
forgot to say its in great condition too!

ChadEXer
03-01-2002, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by 400exJOE
chad, i will sell you one that you could sent to tom to get dialed in for your machine by him. I also have the mounting hardware you will need. Its a 38mm flatside. They cost around $300 new. I will sell it for $200 obo. I have pictures. PM me if you're interested.
Why are you selling it? Im hearing from people on here that they arent that good. Maybe I should just get an FCR. I dont want a carb that is going to give me fits. What do I do???

03-01-2002, 02:49 PM
to get the lectron to work, u hav to grind out the trottle housing case on the bars, or get a yam warrior one. then u hav to reposition the airbox about one inch forward since the lectron is smaller, i dont like em since they hav no low end, and no cellerator pump.

400exJOE
03-01-2002, 03:43 PM
lets not bash the the lectron's just yet. TC Racing uses them on all their quads they make so they must be pretty good. I am selling it because I have no use for it right now. I also have the mounting bracket for it so their is nothing to fabricate. I can get some pictures of it posted later this evening. I figured it would save you some money instead of buying a brand new one from TC. Plus TC can dial it in perfectly for your quad since they use Lectrons on everything they build.

stevengates45
03-01-2002, 04:07 PM
in my opinion lectron isnt junk. thats what just about everybody down here runs.

400exJOE
03-01-2002, 05:37 PM
here are some pics of the carb:

400exJOE
03-01-2002, 05:39 PM
And now for a close-up.

ChadEXer
03-01-2002, 06:54 PM
Hey Joe, what is that mounting bracket for. Where does it go. I just might take that off your hands. You sure there is nothing wrong with it! If you got a 440 it seems to me like you would need it!

stevengates45
03-01-2002, 07:02 PM
Now that I think about it, a friend of mine got Lectrons for his Banshee a while back & he got them tuned in in only 1 night at the race track.

400exJOE
03-01-2002, 07:04 PM
The mounting bracket goes behind the air box and moves the air box foward 1" so that the the intake hose and the carb mean better. It is really a simple installation, but it is better that not bothering with it. I got the carb because I had the intention of racing in the near future, but since I don't see that happening any time soon, I figured i should get rid of it since I am only riding recreationally now. There is nothing wrong with the carb that I can speak of. Look at the pictures to see if you have any questions. Tell me what you want to do. Also, I MIGHT be interested in trading for some aftermarket parts. Let me know. Thanks, JOE

ChadEXer
03-01-2002, 07:15 PM
How old is the carb? Did you buy it new? The only thing I have for sale is Turf Tamers on douglasses and stock front wheels and tires. I got a powerbomb header and Big Gun exhaust Im trying to sale but thats for a friend. Dont really have nutn to trade ya. Have you installed the carb on your bike before? Dont get mad at me or nothing here but it seems like you would want to keep it. Even if you do play ride I still would want mine as fast as possible. I probably would like to buy it from you but please dont sell it to me if you even THINK there might be something wrong with it. I am spending a lot of money on this motor and I want it to be just right!!

400exJOE
03-01-2002, 07:31 PM
I did not purchase the carb brand new. It was used for a little while previously on a full race 440. It is truely in great condition. I dont see where anything could be wrong with it. I do understand your points though. I also would be doing my research as you are before I made a purchase. If you would like me to take a few more pictures of the carb, I will be willing to. It'll just take me a while though get them up on here because I have to use my other computer with the digital camara software. If you would like me to I will. I just never bothered I guess with the carb. I am satisfied with the stock carb for now and I really have no need for more power right now. (I know thats hard to believe:D) Also, I am trying to save some money up to buy a new car for myself so I don't have to drive my mom's station wagon around town forever. Every bit of $$$ helps! Thanks, JOE

ChadEXer
03-01-2002, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by 400exJOE
I did not purchase the carb brand new. It was used for a little while previously on a full race 440. It is truely in great condition. I dont see where anything could be wrong with it. I do understand your points though. I also would be doing my research as you are before I made a purchase. If you would like me to take a few more pictures of the carb, I will be willing to. It'll just take me a while though get them up on here because I have to use my other computer with the digital camara software. If you would like me to I will. I just never bothered I guess with the carb. I am satisfied with the stock carb for now and I really have no need for more power right now. (I know thats hard to believe:D) Also, I am trying to save some money up to buy a new car for myself so I don't have to drive my mom's station wagon around town forever. Every bit of $$$ helps! Thanks, JOE
So you havent even ever installed it on your bike? Who did you buy it from? You think I could contact them. That way I could see what their experience was with the carb and how they liked it.

400exJOE
03-01-2002, 07:52 PM
Well, I only was able to find the person's name and address on the check. I guess I could give it to you but I don't think you want to write him a letter or anything. I also personally feel kind of wierd about giving out his name and adress and posting it on the web with out him knowing. I don't want to discurage you from buying the carb, but I am just kind of unsure about what to do. Again, if you want more pictures, I can take some more for you. Look at the pictures again, and if you have any questions or doubts about it, let me know. Thanks, JOE

jcv400ex
03-01-2002, 08:10 PM
Chad,

Here's a link about the Lectron. It seems it was used on some of the older 2 stroke street bikes. And I know that people did use them on drag bikes.

They do have a phone number that you can call them at the bottom of the page. I'll give you the number in case you don't have adobe reader. 313-664-0800 This is the Lectron Fuel systems inc's phone number. They're located out in Michigan.

http://kawasakitriplesworldwide.com/triples/gallery/lectron_carb_tuning_info/lectron_powerjet_sizes.pdf

Sorry man, I jumped the gun. They're actually in Texas. Go to:
www.lectronfuelsystems.com

ChadEXer
03-05-2002, 04:02 PM
I sent them a Email and they never sent one back. I asked my mechanic about Lectron and he said they are VERY good. Especially when you run them with alky. Thats probably what Ill do!!