PDA

View Full Version : Oil Change Question...

Sportrax10
02-16-2004, 09:37 PM
I know this has been posted before, but the search dosnt work and I need to know ASAP...

What was that about putting half of the oil in, and then kicking it a couple of times (with the kill switch on) to fit the rest? Please clear this up for me so I can change my oil tommarrow... Thanks!!!!!!!:macho

02-16-2004, 10:06 PM
just fill it up 3/4 way, then start it and let it run for a couple minutes then check the oil and fill up the rest then let it run a couple more miutes and check one more time.. thats what i do on my 400

quadrcr161
02-16-2004, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by member
just fill it up 3/4 way, then start it and let it run for a couple minutes then check the oil and fill up the rest then let it run a couple more miutes and check one more time.. thats what i do on my 400

yep, look in the manual.

MIA450R
02-16-2004, 10:15 PM
Both the engine oil and the tranny oil must be filled. Engine ran for 5 mins, cooled for 5 mins, and both measured and topped off.

2004TRX450R
02-17-2004, 09:33 AM
You can either just fill it up to the full marks and run it for a couple of minutes then top it off or you can do like what I do and just drain it, then measure the amount going back in and don't wory about it. I mostly do that with the tranny oil and just use the sight glass for the engine oil. The tranny has some little shelves in it that hold oil and help the oil trasfer from one side of the case to the other. Once those shelves get full of oil the level will go down and that is why you need to recheck it.