PDA

View Full Version : Mid Air Corrections?

drifterx
02-16-2004, 06:55 PM
I was just wondering how you make mid air corrections on big jumps. Like using the throttle and brakes, or just leaning around.

Thanks

250r(quadman19)
02-16-2004, 07:07 PM
if your front end gets to high up you want to pull in your clutch and tap your rear brake ( this takes practice so just try it a couple of times) if you don't pull in your clutch you have a chance of your bike dieng in mid air. you can even hit your front brake . IT REALLY WORKS TOO! no one says anything about that. in this video of me i hit my front brakes and you can see how my front end goes down

http://www.teambazzy.com/videos/splendoracorytriple.html

now if you start to nosedive you want to rev your engine and try to lean back (its called a panic rev)

annndd thats about it with a little bit of practice you will have no problem

wilkin250r
02-16-2004, 07:08 PM
It takes practice. (I haven't mastered it yet.) You have to get over the paralyzing aspect of the adrenaline rush.

Giving it gas will cause the front end to lift. Hitting the brakes will cause the front end to drop. If you are going to hit the brakes, you need to pull in your clutch. You don't want to stall, and hit the ground in gear with a dead engine.

Practice small, then work your way up.

drifterx
02-16-2004, 07:22 PM
Thanks!!!

I really can't practice now, (there is about a foot of snow on the ground), but when it melts, i'll go out to our local track and try it.

And 250r(Quadman19) i watched that video and ur a pretty dang good rider from what i can see!

northeast400
02-16-2004, 07:48 PM
Build a snow jump!! but wrecking in snow hurts just as bad:eek:

Moded86R
02-16-2004, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by wilkin250r
It takes practice. (I haven't mastered it yet.) You have to get over the paralyzing aspect of the adrenaline rush.

That is probably the most accurate way of stating how you feel when your UP in the air as I have read so far.

I haven't only felt it 3 times.I time I hit a biggo uphill jump WOT in 5th on my R.I went like 80 something feet.People said I was probably 15-20 foot up.

And in my backyard there is a pretty good sized jump.I was hitting it at the top of 3rd on my 400ex.And jumping probably 12 foot up.I did that twice.(My sister's hot freinds where watching me)The thing is you land on a trail.So there is tree's on both sides of you.If you mess up your smoking a tree.my buddy did it.And he went over the bars and hit a tree.I think I have a video of that jump on my computer.

As soon as it gets dry I am going to get a bobcat and build some where there aren't any tree's.I think that is the most awesome feeling I have ever felt.