PDA

View Full Version : Took my son practicing today on a 2 wheeler

dirtmomma
02-16-2004, 06:46 PM
WEll today my brother took DJ flattrack practicing but since his quad is tore down he let him ride his bikes :eek: I was a little worried so I drove the hour down to the track to make sure it was all good, & all I can say is the kid is awesome!!! My brother has a YZF250F & a TT500 that is pumped up & DJ rode BOTH of them, he did better on the 250 cuz he was a little scared to throttle up on the 500 it's a BEAST!!! I had never seen DJ ride the 250 which he had before but he had never rode the 500 & he looked good on both, my brother is trying to turn him into a 2 wheel rider:rolleyes: but if he can ride both thats AWESOME!! Heck he's gonna be a busy kid this summer if he rides a bike & quads, he'll be running the blaster,300ex,& bike whew wears me out just thinking about it LOL hopefully we can find some more $$ somewhere for all of it:p

400EX_Kid_03
02-16-2004, 06:51 PM
sounds awsome

JOEX
02-16-2004, 06:52 PM
Cool! I sounds like the kid is a natural:)

Joe

dirtmomma
02-16-2004, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by JOEX
Cool! I sounds like the kid is a natural:)

Joe

YEP thats what my brother says!! He loves to take him riding w/ him. Dj did start out on a KX80 but then he seized it & we weren't really into building motors up back then so we got rid of it wish we would of kept it that would of been the perfect bike still for him!! WE are thinkin of taking lil man out there on his quad this weekend to get some practice in, he hasnt' even got to try out the new rearend on his Lem yet. AND I think I have Ron talked into letting me put all my flattrack stuff on the 400 & ride that :blah: :macho OH I can't wait!!!!!!:devil:

LTandRaptorider
02-16-2004, 07:18 PM
You better sell that Kodiak... because it sounds like you'll be buying a bike next! :D

02-16-2004, 09:21 PM
i rode my first two wheeler today to...(the pw80 I rode last year doesnt count :blah: ).....it was a XR250 four stroke thumper...it was pretty cool but I like my 400 so much better

dirtmomma
02-17-2004, 08:11 AM
WEll they got home about 8pm last night & were both just pumped up! My brother said it was too bad I didn't stay the whole time cuz by the end of the day DJ was holding off one of the pro's kids :eek: who was riding a CRF450 hehehe (DJ was on the 250):p He said he had er full throttle going down the straights & was flyin' never went down once so thats cool. One of the starter guys that works out there even let DJ ride his flattracker :cool: it was a 2 stroke not sure what kind of motor but i remember seeing it there thinking man thats a nice little bike, & it was even #4 :D DJ liked it alot BUT he LOVES the 250F!!!! Smart kid~!!! Thats the motor we would love to put in a quad frame for him & cut him loose that thing is FAST!!! He said he got the front tire off the ground on the TT500 :eek2: think it freaked him out a little but he didn't loose it my brother said it was funny. They were riding side by side just like in a real race & Troy was pushing him, DJ said he was nervous cuz they were bar to bar going into the corners but he held his own!! I asked him what he liked better the quad or bike & he said both!! Told him he better find someone to pay for a class on the 250 hint hint Bro :p unfortunetly it's alot easier to get sponsored on a bike than a quad as I'm sure you all know!!

LT~:eek: shhhhh don't say that :o

02-17-2004, 12:16 PM
pics?

dirtmomma
02-17-2004, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by N.C REDNECK2433
pics?
haha funny you should ask I WOULD of had some but I thought my batteries were freaking out in my camera, BUT come to find out the memory was full DUH forgot to empty it after lil mans BD party :grr: I did get a video but can't post them :(