PDA

View Full Version : rotting truck

northeast400
02-16-2004, 06:16 PM
My truck is rotted the tailgate fell off today. I should be mad but it was funny. any one else drive crappy cars or trucks

ReconRider25
02-16-2004, 06:19 PM
how is it still drivable if its rotting that much.:huh any pics?:p

northeast400
02-16-2004, 06:25 PM
I need to get some pics. I cut off the rust on the cab and filled in intafoam spay insolation in a can. cut it off and painted the truck with a roller. I do what I can to keep it running. any money I spend on a truck is money from the EX fund. priorities first(that the quad). it does have a brand new fisher plow on it because I hate to shovel. :p

Guy400
02-16-2004, 06:32 PM
LMAO...this is a topic I can relate to:D When I was in high school my grandfather was going to scrap this truck after he hit a deer. I bought a new headlight bezel and radiator support and then straightened the hood. The old girl had cancer pretty bad and I finally had to put her down:D My hinges on the tailgate were rusted completely away, the only thing that kept the tailgate on were the catches at the top. You can see the rust holes down the side of it. The gas tank had a rust hole in it where the filler tube meets the tank. You could only put 1/2 a tank of gas in at a time because if you filled it up gas would splash out and if it was in the summer the gas would expand and would come out the rust hole. I finally got rid of it when 3 of the 4 cab mounts rusted through and if you hit a bump you would feel the cab bounce off the frame and then drop back down again. Despite its cosmetic problems I loved that truck. It had an Izusu 2.2L diesel engine with a 5-speed tranny. I sent it to the boneyard with over 180,000 miles on it and it still had the stock clutch in it. The only thing I ever replaced was an air pump and oil filters.

Sorry for the beer bottle ring on the pic:D

hondarider2006
02-16-2004, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by Guy400
LMAO...this is a topic I can relate to:D When I was in high school my grandfather was going to scrap this truck after he hit a deer. I bought a new headlight bezel and radiator support and then straightened the hood. The old girl had cancer pretty bad and I finally had to put her down:D My hinges on the tailgate were rusted completely away, the only thing that kept the tailgate on were the catches at the top. You can see the rust holes down the side of it. The gas tank had a rust hole in it where the filler tube meets the tank. You could only put 1/2 a tank of gas in at a time because if you filled it up gas would splash out and if it was in the summer the gas would expand and would come out the rust hole. I finally got rid of it when 3 of the 4 cab mounts rusted through and if you hit a bump you would feel the cab bounce off the frame and then drop back down again. Despite its cosmetic problems I loved that truck. It had an Izusu 2.2L diesel engine with a 5-speed tranny. I sent it to the boneyard with over 180,000 miles on it and it still had the stock clutch in it. The only thing I ever replaced was an air pump and oil filters.

Sorry for the beer bottle ring on the pic:D

:eek2: Now that is what I call one sick truck!!! lookin nice guy:cool: :blah:

Guy400
02-16-2004, 06:38 PM
It was free so I took it. It was my winter-beater so the Z28 and my other 355 S-10 could stay in the heated garage:macho

Baley69
02-16-2004, 06:59 PM
I dont drive it but my 72 international scout 2 is rotting. It was my first car so I cant part with it, one day when I'm rich and have my shop and the money, I'll fix her up.

northeast400
02-16-2004, 07:36 PM
MINE IS THE SAME STYLE S-10, but it is a 4.3 liter 4wd no cap. damn nice plow though:blah:

Sportrax10
02-16-2004, 08:27 PM
My dads work truck is a BIG OLD black Ford f350 custom.... This thing is such a POS... Only the driver side door opens, the hood is bent up a little bit, the brakes are really bad, one of the plow lights is all duck taped up and its pointing up, it dosnt have back-up lights, its rusty, the little cabinets on the side of it are held on by screws:o , the tires are out of alignment so one of them gets bald real quick, my dads boss really needs to get him a new company truck!!!

I had to pick up my 450r in this POS truck...:mad:

I cant wait untill I get my truck !!

jtej
02-16-2004, 08:46 PM
My dad bought this 79 chevy brand new right before he married my mom...he told her that he would get rid of her before he got rid of the truck. Well now he has to retire old yellr b/c he ripped the reese hitch out of the frame while pulling a semi tractor out of the mud and then he was hauling wood and the rear spring support rusted off, the shocks rusted off the front axle and numerous other things.... the rear frame is paper thin

here is a pic right before everything started falling off.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid95/p434a100ecad7ffd238fb08357635f321/fa33a7c8.jpg

beak7707
02-16-2004, 09:12 PM
Hey man what kind of truck was it. I have the same problem with me old 86 ford ranger beater. The tailgate hinge rusted off so when you drop it the whole thing falls off.