PDA

View Full Version : bad crash

Fitzy
02-16-2004, 02:33 PM
i was riding with a couple buddies on some powerlines and i was hitting a 2 way hill jump, seeing how far i could land down the hill. 2 of my friends were at the top of the hill tell me when to go so i wouldn't hit anyone. well, 1 of my friends told me to go and the other told some other kid out on a 4 wheeler to go. as a result, i hit the jump and landed right on top of the other kid and his 4-wheeler. i was in 5th gear on my blaster and 10-15ft in the air. i managed to jump off in the air but the other kid wasn't so lucky. my blaster cracked him right in the chest and he was thrown off his 4-wheeler. his helmet was thrown off and landed at the bottom of the hill. when i got up, the kid was laying on the ground with blood all over his face and my blaster was rolling down the hill. i got away with scratches all down the right side of my body and a messed up shoulder. the other kid broke some ribs, pelvis, color bone, punctured lung, and a few other things. i went to a local hospital and the other kid was flown to boston. the doctors said the only reason why he lived, was 'cause he was wearing a helmet, chest protector, and kidney belt! we both still ride...so... wear protective gear cuz you never know

blueskyy
02-16-2004, 03:14 PM
wow what a lucky kid. glad your ok and thank god the kid is ok.

Fitzy
02-16-2004, 03:34 PM
yea, thanks

Sportrax10
02-16-2004, 04:01 PM
How did this happen if people were at the top of the hill watching? You have to be more careful!!

One time me and my friend were jumping off this bank over the road... next to us was high grass... I jumped and there was a Monte Carlo coming down the road... I was only close enough to scare me and probably scare the person driving... Now we are VERY VERY careful whenever doing anything like this...

BTW, speedy recovery for the kid in the hospital!!

Fitzy
02-16-2004, 04:25 PM
yea the people at the top of the hill weren't paying attension and when i look back at it, it really p*sses me off.. but thats behind us now. they messed up, i can get over it

02-18-2004, 05:58 PM
glad to here ur okay and tht the other kid is gonna recover just be more careful but dont be scared to ride again

Fitzy
02-18-2004, 06:11 PM
yea thanks man... we are a hell of a lot more careful and i'm still riding.... it would take a lot to stop me :devil:

muddy_atv_rider
02-23-2004, 03:41 PM
Thank god ur ok! I've had my crashes and they SUCK!:( But it gets better :p

Fitzy
02-23-2004, 07:08 PM

Cal440exRider
02-23-2004, 11:03 PM
Just another example of why we wear protective gear. Glad that you and the other kid are okay.

NAbayourider358
03-03-2004, 07:07 PM
horrible crash man, sory 2 hear, i had a bad fall once. I was ridin a pit an saw a jump nicked between a rock. There was a huge mud puddle on the other side. I thot it would b a good pic 2 send 2 a mag w/ my pico f wata splashi as i land. So i estimate the speed i shood go and were i shouldgo off. I hit it , the throttle stix, and my quad dives strait forward into the lake-like mud puddle. I unfortunatley dint have enough time 2 jump so, I flung forward right in to the handlebars wit my rabs, couldnt breathe for bout 30 secs, cracked my plastics, bent handlebars and more. The amazin part is, seein as i was goin bout 40 and dive smashin my ribs on the bars, i walked away unhurt. My ribs were jus sore 4 bout amonth, it hurt wen i cough an more. but im okay. so jus be safe and make good decisions, but dont stop ridin, luv the sport.
PEACE

Fitzy
03-03-2004, 07:23 PM
yea, crashing sucks but we learn from our mistakes... i see you're from Mass., where do you ride?

Lil - Braff
03-05-2004, 10:58 PM
Glad to hear that the both you are okay! How long did it take the other kid that got hurt to fully recover?

Fitzy
03-06-2004, 07:54 AM
probably 2 months before he could do stuff again

Mr.Offroad
03-07-2004, 06:34 PM
You know what? I am impressed that you at least took the time to have spotters. Can't really blame you if they had their collective heads in their collective *****es. Sucks for you and especially the other kid, though. I was at the Florence dunes about 12 years ago puttin' along the top of a dune with my ol' reliable ATC 250SX, when out of nowhere an arial Banshee came off the top of this dune, and landed right across my lap. He was bucked off, and his Banshee rolled down into some bushes. I, unfortunately, got a smashed knee (my only remaining good one) squished gas tank, bent swingarm, and a whole lot of deep bruises. It was the 1st time we had been there, and didn't know the laws, and felt we might have been to blame for being where we were, so we didn't even get the jerk's name. Turns out that by law, you're supposed to have a spotter, and he didn't. I have a permanantly damaged knee (actually 2 now) and can hardly walk on a cold day, and all that kid got was a scratch on his precious Banshee. BTW, he was wearing shorts, t-shirt, and no helmet. I had everything. Sometimes life just isn't fair!:confused:

trikemoto85
03-10-2004, 09:20 AM
I think that crashes are bad and good....bad side you get hurt and what not...good side teaches u how to crash and get back on and ride...i have had my share of crashes: one i got road rash and a broken wrist,, missed a trail and slammed into the back of my friend at like 5th toppped out and landed on the pavment...bike did endos and what not......but anyway im glad that u and the kid are ok you both will recover and never stop riding ...and i am a firm beleiver in helmets they do save lives.....

Fitzy
03-10-2004, 11:17 AM
yup helmets do save lives

Syrus
03-10-2004, 09:23 PM
With all those injurys, how did u guys take him away from where u guys were jumpin ur quads ? there no way he walked on his own, or even was riding, what did yas do ?

Fitzy
03-11-2004, 04:49 AM
i called my parents from a cell phone and they called 911. they arrived first and there was no way an ambulance could make it to where we were so my parents brought the paramedics back and forth in the back of their truck and then they drove us out. i was brought to the local hospital but my friend was brought to a school nearby where he was picked up and flown to boston.

WhiteBros400ex
04-06-2004, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by Sportrax10
How did this happen if people were at the top of the hill watching? You have to be more careful!!

One time me and my friend were jumping off this bank over the road... next to us was high grass... I jumped and there was a Monte Carlo coming down the road... I was only close enough to scare me and probably scare the person driving... Now we are VERY VERY careful whenever doing anything like this...

BTW, speedy recovery for the kid in the hospital!!

I remeber this lol he never asked me if a car was coming and he just went.Lucky kid

Glad the kids ok :) Gear does help, you should be mad at the other kid for telling him that the other boy could go, make sure the people looking for other peopel dont wanna see a wreck. Unless they didnt know somethign that bad was going to happen, or they didnt know that like u where coming or something:confused: