PDA

View Full Version : HELP- with 1 button starter! now my quad will not start in gear

brandonpeake
02-16-2004, 07:14 AM
http://www.sshotrods.com/hosting/mud/mods/one_button_start/

there is how we did it, in the link above, i know ive heard of this problem w/ kill switches befroe if its wired wrong but need some help here guys

Ralph
02-16-2004, 07:40 AM
there was 2 wires that went into the stock clutch lever, find those and connect them.

brandonpeake
02-16-2004, 08:22 AM
wheni bought the quad it already had the after arket clutch and perch and would start in gear fine then

it was not until i did the 1 button starter that i could not start in gear

Wingnut
02-16-2004, 09:51 AM
My personal opinion is that you should not use the kill switch. Go back to the stock controlls. Sooner or later that button will leave you stranded. I was fortunate enough that mine tore up in the parking area, but you may not be so lucky.

But, if you insist on using the kill switch, look at your wiring diagram in the back of the owners manual. Find the color of the two wires that go to the clutch lever and locate them on the bike. Connect them and you should be good to go.

brandonpeake
02-16-2004, 10:02 AM
okay i dont have an owners manual but i do have the shop manual would it be in there?

justdirt
02-16-2004, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by Wingnut
My personal opinion is that you should not use the kill switch. Go back to the stock controlls. Sooner or later that button will leave you stranded. I was fortunate enough that mine tore up in the parking area, but you may not be so lucky.

But, if you insist on using the kill switch, look at your wiring diagram in the back of the owners manual. Find the color of the two wires that go to the clutch lever and locate them on the bike. Connect them and you should be good to go.

who's to say the stock controls won't go bad, i ran my brand new z for two hours when the stock start button quit working. although it was in the florida gncc last year, but either way it left me stranded.

brandonpeake- if you don't get it figured out, call TMM, (731-986-0893). i know he sells them and he can help you get it hooked right.

Wingnut
02-16-2004, 06:34 PM
Nobody. However, my '99 400's stock controls are still working after 5 1/2 years. The kill switch only lasted me a few months. I know of several people who's stock controls quit working in florida, a kill switch down there probably would not have gotten you to the starting line.

Wingnut
02-16-2004, 07:03 PM
BTW, that 5 1/2 years includes the florida gncc.:blah: