PDA

View Full Version : cannondale shocks

baldyex
02-15-2004, 11:24 PM
found an add for cannondale triple rate rezie shocks whosale priced for $199 are these close too workin for a 400 ex for that kinda $ i can send them too be revaulved and still come out ahead in long run savin $ any one try this ?

thomez
02-16-2004, 04:26 PM
Same shock as a 400ex but the bushings need shimmed. Sounds like a good deal if they are what it says they are.

No stock Cannondale shocks were ever triple rate though so I would question that...

thomez
02-16-2004, 04:28 PM
I'd also like to know how you have no post count??? Weird.. :huh

baldyex
02-16-2004, 07:27 PM
thanks for the info the pics on their web site looked triple rate two spings one progressive spring and one short tight spring making three spring rates i thought that would make them triple rate web site is (WWW.nrel.com ) go too the international motersports liquidation sale shows a good pic. what you meen by shimming like at the mounts on the a arm and frame ? like putt washers or spacers in there too prevent movement back and forth ?
no posts on here form me couse this is a new name i forgot my old name and sign in and opened all new email so i opened new account been a while for me since i posted lol

thomez
02-16-2004, 07:35 PM
Hey,

That price is per shock and they are double rate with 1 progressive rate spring, however you want to term that. Those are the Blaze shocks and I don't think they have them for that price or if they do they don't any longer. What they do have are the single rate (one progressive rate shock) Speed Ohlins but they are similar price and remember that is per shock. You can probably find a better deal elsewhere, to be honest. They are good shocks but for $400 you can get at least some Works with a small rezzie or something. You could also look for the Blaze Ohlins but they usually sell for around $600-$650 a set depending on condition.

Yes, shimming the mounts means washers or something of the sort because I don't think the bushings or whatever are the same width.

baldyex
02-16-2004, 09:58 PM
thanks again guess i can consider this post closed thanks for your help im gonna try and call them too see an if they wanna sell 4 sets at a good discount too me and my riding partners thanks again for your help

kwatts400
02-20-2004, 11:40 AM
I saw that ad to, keep us posted.

baldyex
02-21-2004, 12:39 PM
Here is the latest they wont call me or email me back so hard too say whats goin on any how thought i would pass the news

Norcal_KFX400
02-22-2004, 08:34 PM
I called them and they told me they have 100s of shocks.
All they know is they are for Cannondales but do not know which model. The shocks are 140.00 each for new and 90.00 for used.
This company does not sell ATV parts they are liquidaters for backrupt companies so thats why they do not respond to emails or know any specifics about the shocks.

baldyex
02-22-2004, 11:47 PM
well ill try and call them again and see if i can order a set or two thanks for the info norcal_kfx400

HondaChris
02-23-2004, 09:51 PM
And I thought I was the only one who read the small ads in the back of Dirt Wheels...lol!! It says the Ohlins shocks for $140 per is for the Cannondale FX400...with stiff bumper. Cannondale part # CN1742. So, from what I've read in this post, these will work on a 400EX with a shim or two? Dont sound like a bad deal for $280 for a pair. Does anyone know what adjustment these have? I'm not familiar with Cannondales, but are these a res shock or not? I would lean towards they are still a better shock than stock, correct? I have looked at a set of Works Triples and found them anywhere between 350-385. Was hoping this would be a cheaper way to improve over stock.

thomez
03-02-2004, 06:56 PM
Minimum order at Nrel is now 1000 bucks, no good.

These are Speed Ohlins I believe, no rezzie. Good upgrade from stock EX shocks.

Sorry for the delay on the reply.