PDA

View Full Version : SS Brakeline issues?

JOEX
02-15-2004, 07:21 PM
The Streamline brakelines arrived the other day. The rear stock length went on with no problem.

The fronts however are a different story. Nothing real major but i'm not sure about the fitment of these. I ordered them to fit Burgard +1 a-arms so I was sent +1 lines, I measured them and they are 1" longer than stock. The stock lines fit just fine with the +1 a-arms but these seem to have too much slack. Maybe they can be routed differently?

This is the left side, the right side isn't so bad.....

JOEX
02-15-2004, 07:27 PM
The zip ties are for demonstration purposes only, holders are on the way;)

Does anyone else think this is too much slack?

JOEX
02-15-2004, 07:29 PM

JDiablo
02-15-2004, 07:32 PM
that is the way they are suppose to be i think,just get some holders etc and they should be fine,make sure you don't leave to much slack because they can get hooked up on something

JOEX
02-15-2004, 07:33 PM
Another thing...
The mounting hole for the splitter is way larger than neccessary. I reluctantly cut a piece of the stock line which coincidently fit in the hole nicely then drilled out the center of the line and used it as a bushing.;)

JOEX
02-15-2004, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by 300exrida
that is the way they are suppose to be i think,just get some holders etc and they should be fine,make sure you don't leave to much slack because they can get hooked up on something
They are supposed to have alot of slack? How do I not leave too much slack?

Joe

Quadfather
02-15-2004, 07:51 PM
I had +1 a arms, and stock length lines fit with plenty of slack.

JOEX
02-15-2004, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by Quadfather
I had +1 a arms, and stock length lines fit with plenty of slack.
Yeah, i'm thinking I should have stuck with the stock length:(

dirtmomma
02-15-2004, 08:54 PM
Man JOE those are nice shock covers hehehe!! But anyway I know I only have a 300 but for my +3 a arms I was able to use my stock brake lines & htye work just fine but I sure would like to have some of them purty SS ones:macho

JDiablo
02-15-2004, 09:02 PM
just use zip ties...i quad really isn't a quad without some zip ties,they will be fine,i've seen plenty of quad with more extended brake lines then yours and they were fine

Glamis400ex
02-15-2004, 09:35 PM
I have enough slack on mine to run +4 a arms. No biggie.

Glamis

JD400exrider
02-15-2004, 10:27 PM
Joe They should be fine. The holders will keep them out a little and should take up some slack. Are you installing them in the little bracket on the side of the caliper. That will take some slack up. When I ordered mine from sandtoyz they mailed mine out 2" shorter than stock. :mad: They made good on them. Mailed a new pair out but the length could have been better for the +1 a arms. Can't beat the price on the streamline break lines though. I just think they need to get the lengths a little better. Mine from sandtoyz were labeled streamline.

As far as the hole being so large on the splitter. Mine is the same. Installed a washer on the front side and it seems to be holding fine.

You will like them.

Joe, Are those shock covers wearing the paint on your works shocks yet? Thinking about getting a pair from dirtmomma. I took off my shockwears. To tight and wearing the paint. :mad:

JOEX
02-16-2004, 12:07 AM
Originally posted by JD400exrider
Joe They should be fine. The holders will keep them out a little and should take up some slack. Are you installing them in the little bracket on the side of the caliper. That will take some slack up. When I ordered mine from sandtoyz they mailed mine out 2" shorter than stock. :mad: They made good on them. Mailed a new pair out but the length could have been better for the +1 a arms. Can't beat the price on the streamline break lines though. I just think they need to get the lengths a little better. Mine from sandtoyz were labeled streamline.

As far as the hole being so large on the splitter. Mine is the same. Installed a washer on the front side and it seems to be holding fine.

You will like them.

Joe, Are those shock covers wearing the paint on your works shocks yet? Thinking about getting a pair from dirtmomma. I took off my shockwears. To tight and wearing the paint. :mad:
I tried to place the zip ties in the pics to represent the two holders that are on order, four might be better but that's more $$.

The lines are kinda stiff so fitting them into the caliper holders isn't real easy to match the stock routing which has a few bends in it. I think a slight bend in the caliper end of the line would match up better with the stock setup.

With the stock lines being much thicker, I think it is unneccessary for the SS lines, which are thinner in diameter, to be made longer to fit +1 arms.

Dirtmommas covers are over PEP LM shocks;) I haven't rode on them yet but they fit looser than the Outerwares covers. I don't think there will be any wear issues with these.

Joe

02-16-2004, 07:49 AM
Originally posted by JOEX
Yeah, i'm thinking I should have stuck with the stock length:(

That's what I did. :cool:

Quadfather
02-16-2004, 09:36 AM
You can use zip ties, and a 1/4" piece of clear fishtank hose in between the break line, and the a arm. The zip tie goes inside of the plastic hose, then wraps around the arm on one side, and the break line on the other side. It looks cool, and keeps the break line from rubbing on the a arm.

Cole Trane
02-16-2004, 11:08 AM
My streamlines are the same way, I just let them alone. They don't seem to get in the way at all.

JOEX
02-16-2004, 01:15 PM
You can use zip ties, and a 1/4" piece of clear fishtank hose in between the break line, and the a arm. The zip tie goes inside of the plastic hose, then wraps around the arm on one side, and the break line on the other side. It looks cool, and keeps the break line from rubbing on the a arm.
Do you have any pics of this? I don't understand how you do this:confused:

Joe

boogiechile
02-16-2004, 02:29 PM
Look in this album of pics of one of my quads.
http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=685548&uid=477845

scroll down to near the last pics for pics of the frt suspension and you can see the lines mounted this way in a few of them.

Quadfather
02-16-2004, 03:54 PM
Yes, that's what I was trying to explain. Sixth pic from the bottom.

Doibugu2
02-16-2004, 04:32 PM
That's pretty creative, nice idea. I might have to implement that on my one quad.

JOEX
02-16-2004, 06:36 PM
That helped alot, I would have never figured that out:p

Thanks, Joe

Mikey
02-16-2004, 10:01 PM
I just bought +2 Burgard arms with Streamline brakeslines. I just used a washer on the t-block and red locktite. I used 3/8" fuel line with zip ties to clamp the brakelines too. I attached at two points.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid104/p2f741ac06240adaab1ccc937db6a6dd7/f9992c2f.jpg

Streamline
02-17-2004, 08:41 AM
Hey Guys. This is Brian from Streamline. I usually handle techsupport here, so I can help you with your problem.

The reason your brake lines are a little long is to accomidate Billet Brake Line clamps. You see the billet clamps hold your brake lines about 1" away from the A-arm. Some people even use 2 Clamps on each A-arm which takes away even more slack. If we made the brake lines with no slack than they would be way too tight for people who use clamps.

As for the mounting block, every ATV is different. They all have different bolt sizes in the mounting location. It's extremely hard for us to have a different size whole on each mounting bracket for every ATV. It's basically a universal whole which can be easily secured with a washer. That is something we should supply and will be soon. Anyways, I hope this answers your questions. If you have further questions you can call our techsupport at 310 327-5308.

Thanks, Streamline

WWW.STREAMLINEBRAKES.COM

JOEX
02-17-2004, 11:56 AM
Thanks for the input and welcome to the site Streamline:)

Joe

Black400
02-18-2004, 09:54 PM
I didnt even bolt that up i just let it sit there the lines are so stiff it doesnt move at all... I dont really see the purpose of having to bolting it up anyway.

Originally posted by JOEX
Another thing...
The mounting hole for the splitter is way larger than neccessary. I reluctantly cut a piece of the stock line which coincidently fit in the hole nicely then drilled out the center of the line and used it as a bushing.;)

JOEX
02-18-2004, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by Black400
I didnt even bolt that up i just let it sit there the lines are so stiff it doesnt move at all... I dont really see the purpose of having to bolting it up anyway.
Interesting thought:)

They maybe stiff at first but over time I think they might loosen up a bit then eventually the fittings might work loose. I'd rather play it safe;)

Joe

veddersbetter
04-20-2004, 12:17 PM
Sorry Quadfather...I just read this post and it seems I stole your idea without knowing it. Theres some pics of it in this thread.....
http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=103441