PDA

View Full Version : easy to strip down 400ex,paint and reassemble?

flybyyou400ex
02-15-2004, 04:53 PM
i want to strip down my 2000 400EX and paint the frame red.i have seen this done to other quads before and it looks very nice.i am 14 and mechanically inclined,however i have never done anything this big before.help me out

JDiablo
02-15-2004, 04:58 PM
it is very easy im 15 took my whole 300 apart,got it powdercoated and then put it back toghter by myself.....get your frame powdercoated,makes life a little easier in the long run and holds up and doesn't rust,jus my two cent though

flybyyou400ex
02-15-2004, 05:05 PM
ok i shall try it but i will get my freind to help me,but i don't think there are any places around me that do power coateing.but wat about that krylon **** that doen't chip:confused:

JDiablo
02-15-2004, 05:08 PM
just make sure when you take out bolts and little parts,put them in little ziploc bags and label them makes life a million times easier,and if you hae the money to ship it to Pappy he will hook you up with a nice pc job,if you are willing to do that,talk to him first tho.Shipping might cost a 100 if you get a rubbermaid thing and put the frame in there

CTmxyfz
02-16-2004, 09:53 AM
you could just wrap the frame in bubble wrap. I have been looking at my dads 400ex which is next to be torn down after mine and it looks alot easier than my yfz. NO radiator which means less wires, alot less it seems. Go for it and let pappy know, send it to him. Im only 15 too which doesn't matter and have alot of knowledge and i have been doing everything by myself.