PDA

View Full Version : DJ main jet adapter

dnj400ex
02-15-2004, 04:22 PM
What is the purpose of the adapter for the dynojet kit? Does it matter if the jet is the same length? What would happen if the adapter was not used?
Thanks

mustang93
02-15-2004, 08:27 PM
the adapter is so that the DJ jets can fit many different carbs

cals400ex
02-16-2004, 12:25 PM
i don't really know how the dynojet setup works but i have a feeling you need it. i was told that the dynojets are smaller than the keihin jets. if this is the case, you might need the adaptor for the jets to fit into the stock needle jet holder (where the mainjet skrews into). however if they skrew into it but are still shorter than stock, you won't have the power you need to have. what will happen is the shorter jet will actually not sit as low in the carb. this will make the power weak. what you might be able to try is to adjust the needle jet holder down farther if this is the case. but, if the needle jet holder isn't adjusted correctly, you will notice a pretty big loss of power that is more noticable in the upper gears. this is even the case with the keihin jets in the carb.

motoboy66
02-16-2004, 10:36 PM
without the addapter, the jets will be too short. Th DJ's are a lot shorter than a stock jet. This will make the quad not run at all.

Todd

02-17-2004, 06:53 AM
Originally posted by motoboy66
without the addapter, the jets will be too short. Th DJ's are a lot shorter than a stock jet. This will make the quad not run at all.

Todd

Exactly

toby400ex
02-17-2004, 09:18 AM
Well if the adaptor is the part that the Dyno jet main jet screws into then it will run with out it. Mine broke and adjusted the other part as far out as I could and it still runs the same.

nikejoe
02-17-2004, 03:52 PM
Why chance it? You can call Dyno-jet at: 1-800-992-4993
They sell just the main jet adapter. I just ordered one monday.
It was $3.50, but the shipping was $4.50. So it was a massive $8 total. I bought a kit off ebay and it came in without the adapter. I was in the middle of jetting my quad before I realized this. So I just went to the Honda dealer and used Kehin jets. So now I ordered the adapter so I can re-sale the DJ kit on ebay. I will even give you the part number for the adapter: DJA001. Just order one and then you won't have to worry about it!!! GOOD LUCK!!!:huh :rolleyes: :macho