PDA

View Full Version : Who here is not religious

toby400ex
02-15-2004, 03:58 PM
Just a question, dont start **** cuz you're offended, just stay out.

flyin#5
02-15-2004, 04:00 PM
*raises hand* :p

TheX1992
02-15-2004, 04:02 PM
not against anyone who is. if you are, thats great. i just choose not to be.

MOFO
02-15-2004, 04:04 PM
I was brought up with a religion, but cant say I practice anymore... personal reasons.

brian-250
02-15-2004, 04:06 PM
i was,i just stopped going to church:rolleyes:

xr50layke
02-15-2004, 04:10 PM
im not religious but i seem to be when i stub my toe

blondie69
02-15-2004, 04:11 PM
Me

stepupmx
02-15-2004, 04:13 PM
I listen to christian music :p

brian-250
02-15-2004, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by xr50layke
im not religious but i seem to be when i stub my toe

lmao!:D

250rtone
02-15-2004, 04:27 PM
No religion here.

QuadJunkies
02-15-2004, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by xr50layke
im not religious but i seem to be when i stub my toe LMAO! I tend to speak in tounge when I do that!!!!:o :p I have a feeling this thread wont last but lets all try and be respectful of one another and keep it clean and no flaming......;)

400grl
02-15-2004, 04:44 PM
I was raised in a very religious home - up until I left the very religious college I was attending because I was sick of all the hypocracy and close-mindedness that surrounded me. I believe in God - or a higher power - but I definately don't believe in religion.

To me, religion is a business, each with it's own unique and sometimes rediculous, strict rules.....and it's an entity I choose not to give my time or my money to anymore......

I hope that doesn't offend anyone.....I have nothing against people who are religious. Freedom of choice is a great thing! :)

400EX_Kid_03
02-15-2004, 04:52 PM
Do I Belive in god? Yes
Do I pray every night and day? No
But I do like to blame him when I wreck my quad... Usually!

jtej
02-15-2004, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by 400grl

To me, religion is a business, each with it's own unique and sometimes rediculous, strict rules.....and it's an entity I choose not to give my time or my money to anymore......

Very well said.

I still go to church to appease my parents and grandparents. But now instead of taking everything as the absolute truth i think about it more critcally and see how ludicris everything seems.

I don't know what i want to believe in yet but i know it isn't the catholic church or possibly organized religion as a whole.

Jonesy

speedy400
02-15-2004, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by 400grl

I hope that doesn't offend anyone.....I have nothing against people who are religious. Freedom of choice is a great thing! :)
same;)

ultimate2girl
02-15-2004, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by 400EX_Kid_03
Do I Belive in god? Yes
Do I pray every night and day? No
But I do like to blame him when I wreck my quad... Usually!

yup that sounds like my house

Nausty
02-15-2004, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by blondie69
Me

dang, blondie you rock!

me two!:D

ScrnNmsSUCK
02-15-2004, 05:15 PM
I dont belive in any of that stuff....been to church 3 times in my life once for a wedding and once for a funeral

batgeek
02-15-2004, 05:17 PM
<--- atheist

Mr.Offroad
02-15-2004, 05:25 PM
Religeous is such a relative term. Am I a Christian? Yes. do i put down people who don't believe? No. Do I pray? As often as I remember to. Do I try to let God run my life? Yes. (difficult most of the time) And I'm trying desperately to raise my 2 daughters the same, as I want us all going the same direction when we die. I used to think religeous people were missing out on all the fun in life. Now I know the deeper meaning, and am having the time of my life at the same time!:D

Dunlap
02-15-2004, 05:31 PM
I don't like religion for the reasons I have just read in the prior posts. Religion keeps people from coming to the saving grace of God.

chucked
02-15-2004, 05:44 PM
i am the most unreligious person I know, I need proof before i believe something, but I do play guitar in my friends church's band

stonerider250x
02-15-2004, 05:44 PM
me

i dont go to church
i dont pray at night
but i do belive in god

Pvt. Maggot
02-15-2004, 05:51 PM
don't believe in god..don't believe in anything like that really...i think the bible is just another book..some believe in it..some don't. i think its just a book someone wrote to set a guideline for us to live by..and i think thats kinda stupid....my opnion..:)

northeast400
02-15-2004, 06:07 PM
I am not, but was raised to be. I think if their is a high power like some say, he or she accepts us as we are, warshiping or not. One thing I did learn in the military: There are no atheists in a foxhole.

sparky450AR
02-15-2004, 06:10 PM
Jesus Christ > "noone will see the father unless it is through me"

There ya go folks, he said it. Some of you i still have hope for. Some that say " i dont believe in god" well, there lost, hell will open wide.

Some say "i dont pray go to church, but i believe in god or a higher being. really all you need to do is be sincere" hmmm sincerity, you can be sincere about a lot of things. If you found out you had cancer in your thiroid and your doctor said "well i can try to take it out through surgury, or i can send you home and you can just be sincere, and be sincere about being healthy" Which would you choose?

Pray, ask god to prove himself to you. Stop being a coward and get on your knees! Dont give up so fast either! It's like some of you live your life by throwing a dart at a dartboard, and wherever that dart goes the first time is where you will take your life for the rest of eternity. Dont blame god for the hipocracy or mistakes of any other religious people. There is no leadership in that. Its between you and god, keep it that way.

just trying to help

kamikaze_rzrbak
02-15-2004, 06:14 PM
I'm not,I just find it hard to belive, thats all. if you have faith whatever it might be, more power to you:)

Quad18star
02-15-2004, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by ScrnNmsSUCK
I dont belive in any of that stuff....been to church 3 times in my life once for a wedding and once for a funeral You never really attended math classes either eh??? LOL :p Im just messing with ya .

I'm not the very religious type of person . I go to church maybe once a year , however I do say a prayer every so often . I believe in a higher being , but I don't believe in all of the church rules . I believe that If I'm happy with myself and the way that I live my life , than God ( or whomever/Whatever it may be) would be pleased with my decisions . This thing about chastity till you're married , not living with the person until you're married , or even the church not approving devorces I beleive is a crock of chit . How would you know if you really loved a person if you could not live with them before marriage?? How can a religion condone a devorce?? Would they rather you be miserable instead of happy by not allowing a devorce??

sparky450AR
02-15-2004, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by kamikaze_rzrbak
I'm not,I just find it hard to belive, thats all. if you have faith whatever it might be, more power to you:)

Its very hard to beleive, so ask him to prove himself. Test him, and trust me now.

sparky450AR
02-15-2004, 06:19 PM
"But if you will not obey the LORD your God by diligently observing all his commandments and decrees, which I am commanding you today, then all these curses shall come upon you and overtake you: 16Cursed shall you be in the city, and cursed shall you be in the field. 17Cursed shall be your basket and your kneading bowl. 18Cursed shall be the fruit of your womb, the fruit of your ground, the increase of your cattle and the issue of your flock. 19Cursed shall you be when you come in, and cursed shall you be when you go out. 20The LORD will send upon you disaster, panic, and frustration in everything you attempt to do, until you are destroyed and perish quickly, on account of the evil of your deeds, because you have forsaken me. 21The LORD will make the pestilence cling to you until it has consumed you off the land that you are entering to possess. 22The LORD will afflict you with consumption, fever, inflammation, with fiery heat and drought, and with blight and mildew; they shall pursue you until you perish. 23The sky over your head shall be bronze, and the earth under you iron. 24The LORD will change the rain of your land into powder, and only dust shall come down upon you from the sky until you are destroyed. 25The LORD will cause you to be defeated before your enemies; you shall go out against them one way and flee before them seven ways. You shall become an object of horror to all the kingdoms of the earth. 26Your corpses shall be food for every bird of the air and animal of the earth, and there shall be no one to frighten them away. 27The LORD will afflict you with the boils of Egypt, with ulcers, scurvy, and itch, of which you cannot be healed. 28The LORD will afflict you with madness, blindness, and confusion of mind; 29you shall grope about at noon as blind people grope in darkness, but you shall be unable to find your way; and you shall be continually abused and robbed, without anyone to help. 30You shall become engaged to a woman, but another man shall lie with her. You shall build a house, but not live in it. You shall plant a vineyard, but not enjoy its fruit. 31Your ox shall be butchered before your eyes, but you shall not eat of it. Your donkey shall be stolen in front of you, and shall not be restored to you. Your sheep shall be given to your enemies, without anyone to help you. 32Your sons and daughters shall be given to another people, while you look on; you will strain your eyes looking for them all day but be powerless to do anything. 33A people whom you do not know shall eat up the fruit of your ground and of all your labors; you shall be continually abused and crushed, 34and driven mad by the sight that your eyes shall see. 35The LORD will strike you on the knees and on the legs with grievous boils of which you cannot be healed, from the sole of your foot to the crown of your head. 36The LORD will bring you, and the king whom you set over you, to a nation that neither you nor your ancestors have known, where you shall serve other gods, of wood and stone. 37You shall become an object of horror, a proverb, and a byword among all the peoples where the LORD will lead you. 38You shall carry much seed into the field but shall gather little in, for the locust shall consume it. 39You shall plant vineyards and dress them, but you shall neither drink the wine nor gather the grapes, for the worm shall eat them. 40You shall have olive trees throughout all your territory, but you shall not anoint yourself with the oil, for your olives shall drop off. 41You shall have sons and daughters, but they shall not remain yours, for they shall go into captivity. 42All your trees and the fruit of your ground the cicada shall take over. 43Aliens residing among you shall ascend above you higher and higher, while you shall descend lower and lower. 44They shall lend to you but you shall not lend to them; they shall be the head and you shall be the tail."

dont believe it? test it yourself.

chucked
02-15-2004, 06:21 PM
if god is real, why is he letting everything happen in the world that is happening?

sparky450AR
02-15-2004, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by chucked
if god is real, why is he letting everything happen in the world that is happening?

You know the bible has predicted almost every war that has ever happend! Its part of a plan, i think.

The bible says "god works in mysterious ways"

Everything cant be perfect, thats reserved for heaven.

batgeek
02-15-2004, 06:38 PM

God gave man the freedom to choose.

weak arguement.

toby400ex
02-15-2004, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by sparky450AR
You know the bible has predicted almost every war that has ever happend! Its part of a plan, i think.

Everything cant be perfect, thats reserved for heaven. Perhaps some psychos are using the bible to start wars.:confused:

flyin#5
02-15-2004, 06:39 PM

Everything cant be perfect, thats reserved for heaven.

you know whats funny? if i write down 500 things that might happend to me tomorow... some of them are bound to happen... its the same thing for these religous people that "predicted" these wars and things.

xr50layke
02-15-2004, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by toby400ex
Perhaps some psychos are using the bible to start wars.:confused:

thats what im thinking.

batgeek
02-15-2004, 06:45 PM
if you believe, you believe. good for you.

if you don't, you don't. good for you.

dont try to convert the other either way, just respect the person's choice for what they believe in. that's all i ask for, from both sides.

either belief is personal, totally up to the individual. respect that. neither is right, neither is wrong.

batgeek
02-15-2004, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by toby400ex
Perhaps some psychos are using the bible to start wars.:confused:

that is man's failing, not God's.

weak arguement.

TheRedRebel17
02-15-2004, 06:49 PM
I was raised to be, but im really not

toby400ex
02-15-2004, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by batgeek
that is man's failing, not God's.

weak arguement. O I'm sorry, I wasnt aware I was arguing

batgeek
02-15-2004, 06:54 PM
dictionary.com is your friend.

Bobbs07
02-15-2004, 06:56 PM
altho i got banned for argument in the other one about religion:mad: :grr: , i will be better

I used to go to church, and now i dont, i quit the classes a month before i graduated for confirmation, stupid of me but ya. I guess it is how you are raised, if you are raised to go to church every sunday from the get go, they your used to it and like it.. My parents didnt go so i dont go. thats how i see it. And i am with others, i blame god for stuff that happens. but sometimes you gotta wonder. I got banned for a little argument that i was half joking about but it involved jesus...

spincr4hire
02-15-2004, 07:02 PM
I was brought up in the church, and kinda forced to go at times when I really didn't want to. Now I rarely go. Here is a problem I have with some religions. Attended a funeral yesterday, and the preacher was like "I don't know if this guy is going to heaven or not because he wasn't saved"...:rolleyes: Yeah, make the family of the deceased feel that much worse while morning a loss.

honda350r
02-15-2004, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by flyin#5
you know whats funny? if i write down 500 things that might happend to me tomorow... some of them are bound to happen... its the same thing for these religous people that "predicted" these wars and things.

We have a winner !!

Bobbs07
02-15-2004, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by honda350r
We have a winner !!

You didnt get banned in the other thread!!!!!!!! :grr: :mad: i cant belive that.. and i did..

Quad18star
02-15-2004, 07:16 PM
People tend to blame " God" on everything BAD that happens to them . I see life as being many choices . You can choose to do one thing or another . Eventually the road of life comes to an end . What happens after that NO ONE knows until it happens. I think once you've touched enough peoples lives , you've done what you were put on this earth to do. But thats just my way of thinking . For me there have been reasons why i do believe in a high power.

There must have been a reason why my car didn't want to start like it did every other morning .... that extra 30 seconds it took for it to start basically saved my life . I would have been in the exact spot , 5 cars ahead of me , where a lady was killed when the flatbed trailer came off the back of a transport going in the opposit direction .

There must ahve been a reason why i fouled a plug not less than 10 seconds before the start of my FIRST ever race ... It wasn't meant for me to race that day . I was too nervous and had a feeling somethign bad was going to happen . I'm glad I fouled that plug .

These are just a few reasons why I believe in a high power . Everyone chooses their own beliefs.

I find it very ironic/scary that one of my best friends had a dream a few years ago that all of our friends were standing around a grave stone and on the grave stone there was a name ... but we weren't able to make out the name that was on it . Out of our group of friends there was ONE person missing , but it never dawned on him . The next day one of our close friends got in a sledding accident that claimed the life of 3 people . I lost two friends that day and an elderly man that lived at the end of my street had ran out into the middle of the lake to try and help . While giving CPR the man had a heart attack and died . I told my friend that if he ever has another dream like that again , to let me know cuz I'm staying in bed ALL day long !!!!!!!!

nofear911
02-15-2004, 07:19 PM
I believe in God.

Not in Religion.

Not to sound like a science geek but, evolution sounds pretty logical to me. Alot more sense than anything else I was tought.

batgeek
02-15-2004, 07:22 PM
evolution is still a theory. there are many holes that have not been empirically proven.

02-15-2004, 07:24 PM
i dont go to church
i pray sometimes
but i believe in a higher power

LTandRaptorider
02-15-2004, 07:35 PM
I'm with batgeek on this one... If you believe, good for you. If you don't, also good for you. I do not judge, nor try to force my beliefs on others. I do find it curious that many believers have a problem with those that do not conform to their own beliefs, and can be very judgemental. I do not blame my problems on God, or ask for his help. I learned long ago that I have to take care of my own problems. And yes Sparky, long ago I tested him and asked for his help. I suppose I'm still testing him! :D Truth is, I don't know if he exists, but consider it a possibilty... so I guess I'm not an athiest. One day, I'll find out. And as I've always done in life, I'll stand tall... well, as tall as I can at 5'8"... and accept whatever fate is mine... or I'll die, someone will plant me, and I'll slowly decay and not know a thing! :eek:

03400EX_Nacs
02-15-2004, 07:46 PM
well, i cant say i am a big religious person here, but why do people think Christianity is right? weren't there alot of other religions out before it anyway?

Quad18star
02-15-2004, 07:46 PM
Evolution is a very interesting topic . Probably one of the more interesting ones I took in highschool.

Heres an Off Topic question ..... Who believes in other life beings ?? (ie Aliens) . Do you really think that we are the only ones in this HUGE universe?? Our whole solar system is only one of the billions out there .... comparable to a grain of sand in the Mojave Desert. The evolution of our universe is something that interests me . In the town I live in , we have what is called the Sudbury Neutrino Observatory ... Its basically a huge round "thing" thousands of feet underground , filled with Heavy Water and has thousands of light sensors that monitor it . Basically a neutino is something that cannot been seen by eye and passes threw all masses ( ie human body , rocks , earth) . When they hit heavy water it triggers sensors . They can almost tell how old and far away this neutrino has travelled in its life time , therefore predicting the start of the universe . So far , some of these neutinos have been aged back light years away . The scientists working there have to go threw serveral stages before they can go completly into the observatory . Any sort of dust particule can ruin the whole test laboratory . This basically one of the only places where you can literally eat off the floor . Cleaner than any hospital in the world . It also a multi million dollar testing center . They are planning on building another one in the near future . The best scientists in the world came and work here . I can't remember the name of the scientist , but he is completly handicapped , talks though a computer , but is one of the smartest scientist in the world . He has come up with many theories , and when he visited this Observatory , he predicted that this observatory will be the first in the world to truely come up with result as to how this Universe of ours started . Anyone else take interest in this kind of stuff besides me???

chucked
02-15-2004, 07:55 PM
We have a winner !!
i think he's right. but there are alot of things i think about, how did we get here? how did we get to be what we are, why? is there other life in outter space, if not its an aweful waste. you know one day there will be no humans left. all that we have built, learned, evolved into, etc. will be gone, and something else will take out place. It has been proven that the sun will burn out one day. Damn i have to stop thinking about this. :eek:

chucked
02-15-2004, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by Quad18star
Evolution is a very interesting topic . Probably one of the more interesting ones I took in highschool.

Heres an Off Topic question ..... Who believes in other life beings ?? (ie Aliens) . Do you really think that we are the only ones in this HUGE universe?? Our whole solar system is only one of the billions out there .... comparable to a grain of sand in the Mojave Desert. The evolution of our universe is something that interests me . In the town I live in , we have what is called the Sudbury Neutrino Observatory ... Its basically a huge round "thing" thousands of feet underground , filled with Heavy Water and has thousands of light sensors that monitor it . Basically a neutino is something that cannot been seen by eye and passes threw all masses ( ie human body , rocks , earth) . When they hit heavy water it triggers sensors . They can almost tell how old and far away this neutrino has travelled in its life time , therefore predicting the start of the universe . So far , some of these neutinos have been aged back light years away . The scientists working there have to go threw serveral stages before they can go completly into the observatory . Any sort of dust particule can ruin the whole test laboratory . This basically one of the only places where you can literally eat off the floor . Cleaner than any hospital in the world . It also a multi million dollar testing center . They are planning on building another one in the near future . The best scientists in the world came and work here . I can't remember the name of the scientist , but he is completly handicapped , talks though a computer , but is one of the smartest scientist in the world . He has come up with many theories , and when he visited this Observatory , he predicted that this observatory will be the first in the world to truely come up with result as to how this Universe of ours started . Anyone else take interest in this kind of stuff besides me??? exactly!

fastexgirl4c
02-15-2004, 08:21 PM
ok...i dont go to church and neva heard the story of eve and adam..or w/e ...and i dont care to knw..i knw my religen..but i dont care to practice it..ill go to church when there is a wedding or a funeral but other then that..i dont wanna go...to me ...its boring..but i respect others about church and their practices

Quad18star
02-15-2004, 08:25 PM
Steven Hokins (?) is the scientists name ( im not really sure if its spelled that way though) . Like you said Chucked, if we are the ONLY ones in this universe , it sure is a waste of space . Our sun will one day burn out and we will have an ice age . This is not soemthing that I'm sure I will see , that my kids will see or my grandkids will see ( I'm only 20) . They say the sun will burn out shortly , but scientifically speaking , "shortly" is in 1000's of years from now . I have been able to see the change in climates over the past 20 years . I remember growing up as a kid we used to ahve very cold days and lots of snow . in 2004 we have hardly any snow and our winters are shorter and summer are hotter . Definately a change in things. Lots of this can be blamed on Global Warming . Our solar system is very small compared to the others in our galaxy . Just like people believing in different religions , I beleive there are other beings out in the universe . Do they look like us , do the same things we do , eat what we eat , live like we live ... who knows?? It would be very interesting to know though . Why would such a HUGE Universe , an endless universe for that matter , have only a small population that we call Earth?? A total waste of space if there is only us . I'd also like to know what is at the "end" of a universe . Is there an end , or does it just keep going? Maybe the end of the universe is life's past , or life's begining . Or maybe we are all living someone elses dream . Stuff like this can really get a person thinking as to what life really is . But why search for an answer if there is no real answer but only theories . As you can see .... I LOVE sciences !!!!!!

hondafox440
02-15-2004, 08:27 PM
I'm not. I was baptised Catholic and went to church untill I was about 12, and then I realized how mych bull**** it really is. I don't care if people are religious, as long as they don't push it on me. It irks me when people bring Jesus and God into every little aspect of life and every conversation.

It is stupid to think that we are alone in the universe and we got here all by ourselves. I don't believe the stories in the Bible though, about some magic being creating it all. If that happened, who created God?

More people die in the name of religion than anything else in the world. Just look at the middle east. Thats what happens when you never get laid and you spend all day praying to an imaginary being. You go crazy.

sparky450AR
02-15-2004, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by nofear911
I believe in God.

Not in Religion.

Not to sound like a science geek but, evolution sounds pretty logical to me. Alot more sense than anything else I was tought.

http://www.raptureready.us/evolution.htm

Most of the problem is people do go to a church that is not right for them, ive finnaly found one thats perfect for me! And i dont get bored!

FFW
02-15-2004, 08:34 PM
I'm an ahteist....

I swear to god!

:blah:

honda350r
i think he's right. but there are alot of things i think about, how did we get here? how did we get to be what we are, why? is there other life in outter space, if not its an aweful waste. you know one day there will be no humans left. all that we have built, learned, evolved into, etc. will be gone, and something else will take out place. It has been proven that the sun will burn out one day. Damn i have to stop thinking about this. :eek:

Ok how about this one then ..

Who made God ??

dirtmomma
I'm in the I believe, but don't go to church, I DO say a little prayer when it's needed, I used to go to church on Christmas, EAster & all thru elementary & junior high(catekisem??sp) I will have to say sometimes the little prayers help. I did enroll my lil guy in a church preschool & once a week they go to the chapel to learn about God, I think that is great to instill in your children even if they don't follow thru in later years at least they are learning they do have a choice!!

Quad18star
02-15-2004, 08:37 PM
Church can be boring ... if its made out to be boring . I know it's very boring if the pastor reads out of a bible and goes on about things that happened thousands of years ago . But if you've ever been to a church ceramony like those that most African American ( being politically correct here) people attend . The ceramonies where they sing , dance around , and have a good time , you would actually enjoy going to church . I dont go to church , beacause like you , I find it to be very boring . But then again , church is supposed to be an hour out of your week , where you get to reflect on things that have gone by in that week and to look forward to the week comming , time for you to get in touch with yourself and reflect on your OWN life .

I hear alot of people going to church to pray for their mom , dad , brother , sister , neighbour , neighbours brother's wife's sisters ill cat . Not many people go to church and pray for themselves . In the few times that I have gone to church I also see people asking " why did this happen to me , what did I do to deserve this and that" . Hardly ever heard people saying " Thanks for my health , thanks for giving me a place to live , thanks for having the chance to enjoy what life has to offer" . People always seem to bring out the negative things in their prayers . By all means I aint a religious person .... seems I call out the lords name more than a few times a day when things aren't going the way I want them to go .

chucked
02-15-2004, 08:41 PM

Who made God ??
exactly, or what? something happened sometime somewhere. but what, and how, or even maybe, why?

QuadJunkies
02-15-2004, 08:42 PM
Whoa ........this topic is gettin deep.........:huh

batgeek
02-15-2004, 08:49 PM
to think that we are the only "intelligent" lifeform in the universe is quite arrogant. please refer to the Chaos Theory.

it is inherently human to find something to blame when things go wrong. for many, God is their scapegoat. sad but true.

you don't need to go to church to reflect or to be religious. basically the religious experience should be between yourself and your God. i honestly believe that for religious people, they see God in everything in this world.

who made God?

well, if you studied various religions you would know that nothing did...He has been, and always will be. it's a faith thing, get it? if you need this question answered, religion isn't for you.

Steven Hawkings is an atheist.

Quad18star
02-15-2004, 08:49 PM

Who made God ?? From what I believe , GOD is not a person . God is everything around us . The sky , the people , the earth , the wars etc. You make GOD out to be whomever or whatever you want it to be . God is what keeps this world going round and round . You'll probably say " Well how can God be a war . Why would "someone" cause wars in the world" . Well you have to think , if the were no wars , if the world was "perfect" , there would be more problems caused because of this . You cannot have soemthing "perfect" without having problems arise . There has never been one person in the world that has ever lived to be perfect . Jesus himself ( if ur christian catholic etc) was not perfect . As said in the bible , Jesus did get mad once ... therfore he was not "perfect" . There are many different ways to think of God .... you have to make GOD out to be what you want him/her/it to be. Like I said earlier , you can't go searching for an answer , you have to find it out for yourself.

batgeek
02-15-2004, 08:52 PM
you forget, the Christian God is a jealous and vengeful God. he has asked for war, he has asked for killing. my biggest gripe...He never had the balls to do this stuff Himself.

blueskyy
02-15-2004, 08:54 PM
for some reason i think when you die that's it. i think that you see nothing besides black. but who really knows. i wish there could be more information. i think the world was created by evolution. sorry just my opinion

Quad18star
02-15-2004, 08:57 PM
Very well said Batgeek ... and thanks for posting Steven Hawkings name properly . Out of all the people I have ever met , he is by far the smartest . Scary to think how many handicapped people have been overlooked because they are physically handicapped . Just think of how many of these great minds have been wasted through all the institutions they were locked up in . Things hit a little close to home for me when it comes to handicapped people , because my mother works with severely handicapped people , and the stories ive heard about institutions and the pain these people have been put through really breaks my heart.

batgeek
02-15-2004, 08:57 PM
why do you people continue to apologize for your opinion? :huh

batgeek
02-15-2004, 09:03 PM
the biggest problem with handicapped people is just that...the public labeling of them as "handicapped"...i'm not the the most PC person in the world, but that freakin word pisses me off.

majority public perception destroys the potential of many people...gays, mentally and pysically handicapped, etc...

it saddens me that we live in a society where if you do not conform to what is "normal" you are relegated to a lower overall worth as a contributor to our society.

SRH
02-15-2004, 09:05 PM
religon was created to keep people from going nuts and stuff , people were born without the same morals thgat today we have, now the only people who really depend on church are the weak, weaker u are the more u lean ont he church as your crutch

a higher beings aliens w/e u wanna call them, probaly crashed here...some time ago the time of the neanderthal, some survivors mated with neanderhtals...the missing link....the egyptians w.e ud call them were probaly even taught or learned things from the other beings hell they have cave paintings of space ships and flying things, natural evoulution brought us to the pt before the missing link alien banged the monkey man, the monkey man became more man and kept evolving

this faith stuff is to keep the weak living, in times of hardship bad things happen because...bla bla bla, and priests touch kids peckers allt hat shows me is listening to him read a book is a waste of time, what the hell did he learn...i think the only soul is what a person does to impact your life, there influence on you and just the feeling of knowing how that person would feel about your actions etc thats there soul...just be a good person and live for yourself

Quad18star
02-15-2004, 09:05 PM
Once again , I have to agree with you Batgeek . People always say sorry after they state their opinion . I catch myself doing it every so often also . It's your OWN personal opinion .... saying Sorry after stating it doesn't put great strength on what you believe in . Stand strong in what you beleive and lay off the "Sorry" comments . :devil:

Quad18star
02-15-2004, 09:11 PM
My mistake on using the word "handicapped" in my previous post . Its a force of habit because of what society has basically taught me . If my mother was to use "handicapped" while refering to one of her patients she would actually lose her job . She has to refer to them as "mentally retarded" as per the organization she works for and according to our Canadian Government regulations.

dirtysouth400ex
02-15-2004, 09:11 PM
well 1st off thank God for ppl like sparky450ar , sum1 else who is a christian on here it kinda freaked me out weh nso many of you said u werent christians ...well c i go to a christian skool n have a christian home...but neways....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Who made God ??
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

exactly, or what? something happened sometime somewhere. but what, and how, or even maybe, why?

42t rear
22" spider tracs
some other things...
Dyna Ignition Module on the way

ok well i wanna no if ya believe in evolution where the piece of dust or whatever came from and how did it turn into all that we have now.

batgeek
02-15-2004, 09:15 PM
please dont turn this into a "who is right, who is wrong...and prove why" thread.

i have always found it hilarious that the first people to get defensive in a relgious dicussion are the religious people.

unsure or insecure? you pick.

dirtysouth400ex
02-15-2004, 09:18 PM
jus my opinion

batgeek
02-15-2004, 09:21 PM
no, it was posted in retaliation to the other question....

whether it is your opinion or not...it was a challenge.

not only that...but why did it freak you out about not being the only Christian in here? are we that are not Christian or are an agnostic or an atheist or a Jew or a Buddist considered unworthy or scary to you?

i have one thing that i base people on...are they cool, are they not.

the rest i don't give a ***** about.

Quad18star
02-15-2004, 09:22 PM
I pray to 2 Gods during the week .... The Quad gods from Monday to Friday .... and the Porceline Gods Saturday Morning and Sunday Morning ..... I usually ask the Porceline Gods to condone the Molson Canadian to hell and stop the dry heaves .

dirtysouth400ex
02-15-2004, 09:23 PM
sry i didnt mean it to be no offense to ne ppl

Atreyu
02-15-2004, 09:23 PM
Batgeek is wise...batgeek knows all:cool: I'm not religious. Never cared for it.

honda350r
02-15-2004, 09:26 PM
There is no answer accept that it has all been a fraud. Thatīs why true believers and others like them will always skirt the issue and drop back into a punt position with "repent and pray about it and the spirit will tell you it is true." Their lives are ruled by fear. Fear of looking objectively at the facts. Fear of considering for one moment that maybe what they've been fed for so long was wrong. Afraid of what their choices would be IF they found out that they've been living a lie.

Food for thought!

batgeek
02-15-2004, 09:34 PM
no it's about faith...i can't see why people can't understand that.

you can not argue faith. please don't take this wrong, but faith is not logical nor is it able to be verified by hard fact.

it just something that one believes in that shouldn't be asked to be proven by a non-beliver.

Quad18star
02-15-2004, 09:37 PM
I would like to hear your opinion as to how it is all a fraud, Honda350R.

What if they BELIEVE that everything that has been "fed" to them for so long is true . If they do believe in it , then of course they would tell you to go pray and the spirits will tell you its true . Maybe this is where they found their own beliefs . Maybe somethign happened to them in a prayer that made them choose one religion over another , one belief over another . This is my opinion and everyone is entitled to their own . Like I said I would like to hear your opinion as to how it is all a fraud .

Quad18star
02-15-2004, 09:39 PM
Nothing like a good old religious / political /scientific discussion to end/start off a new week . Its also good to see people stating their own opinions and backing things up with their own faith and beliefs !!!!

Nausty
02-15-2004, 09:55 PM
ok, heres the deal

these discussions get old!

They get old because no one ever changes there opinions and in the end we don't know n e ways and we just end up wasting our time arguing about it. Just got live it to the fullest and hope it turns out and if not, meh...

batgeek
02-15-2004, 09:56 PM
i think he presented that just as a "what if" nto as what he believed.

and Atreyu...hehe i dont know how to take that. i'm just me :D

i try my best to understand both sides of any point of contention. whether i believe in either side deosn't really matter. in dicussions in which i do choose a side, by learning about the opposing belief i can either strengthen my arguement, or take aspects of the other side which i find applicable and incorporate them into my beliefs. all in all, knowledge is good...

i'm a pretty easy going person and accept people for what kind of person they are, not what they choose to label themsleves.

there are only 2 things that i do not tolerate, ignorance and idiocy.

user101
02-15-2004, 09:56 PM
im a firm beleiver in God. I go to church but i dont really like to because i dont get anything out of it anymore. I do pray to God and i beleive in the power of prayer. :)

batgeek
02-15-2004, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by Nausty
They get old because no one ever changes there opinions and in the end we don't know n e ways and we just end up wasting our time arguing about it. Not only that but they happen all the time!

yeah, and keeping quiet about it just fosters even more prejudice.

if you cannot learn about others and what they belive, how can you try to make yourself a better and more tolerant person?

QuadJunkies
02-15-2004, 10:00 PM
why do you people continue to apologize for your opinion? :huh because there has been some "opinions" that caused threads to close.the way it was handled....:o And Im thinking he just wanted to make sure no toes were stepped on here.;)

Nausty
02-15-2004, 10:02 PM
yeah, and keeping quiet about it just fosters even more prejudice.

if you cannot learn about others and what they belive, how can you try to make yourself a better and more tolerant person?

ummm yea:o

I think i'm as tolerant as it comes about this stuff.:huh

batgeek
02-15-2004, 10:04 PM
and those opinions were presented in a demeaning or unpolite way.

it wasn't the opinion that got the thread deleted, it was the way they presented thier opinion.

SRH
02-15-2004, 10:05 PM

it wasn't the opinion that got the thread deleted, it was the way they presented thier opinion.

youve mad your point no need to keep posting, you will cause arguement= closed thread

Moded86R
02-15-2004, 10:06 PM
Can't really say I am religious.I went to a school for a couple of years.Small little school.About 35 kids in the whole thing.It was inside a church.I never have been very religious.I decided to see what it was all about.(I was 16 at the time)So I started readin the bible.I am not going to get into my thoughts about this.Let's just say I don't go to or ever plan on going to church again.

Do I believe there is something greater?Yeah sure there has to be.Maybe one of those religions is actually based on some truth.Until I see some of it other than a book.I might rethink going ridin on sunday mornings instead of church.

I don't dislike religious people at all.Most people that are religious are pretty good people.I mean what would you rather have in your neighborhood a church.Or a crack dealer's house?

batgeek
02-15-2004, 10:06 PM
ummm yea:o

I think i'm as tolerant as it comes about this stuff.:huh

well then, you didn't have to come into this thread did you?

i have no problem with your opinion on the subject being discussed, but the people posting in here were being pretty good about the discussion.

your post did not add to that discussion.

Nausty
02-15-2004, 10:15 PM
well then, you didn't have to come into this thread did you?

i have no problem with your opinion on the subject being discussed, but the people posting in here were being pretty good about the discussion.

your post did not add to that discussion.

meh, sorry moderater!:p

that was a pretty negative post huh?:rolleyes:

batgeek
02-15-2004, 10:19 PM
not saying it was a negative post, just saying the discussion was going pretty good. your post didn't add to the discussion.

not hard to understand eh?

if you are all for the "sweep it under the rug" because YOU think it's a waste of time or that it just brings up conflict...well, i wish you good luck in life, relationships, work, etc...

knowledge and communication go hand in hand.

02-15-2004, 10:33 PM
im not a church person, but i do have faith in jesus and god .. which if im correct are the same spirit...anyways.. i dont think of heaven as a place above, but as the universe and i dont think it is just a place you go, i think it is everywhere after you die.. as in the universe is our playground. and i think of hell as your worst fear played over and over again or alot of pain, but i also think after in hell you should have a second chance, but it shouldnt be as easy as saying of course i believe in God. i think you should have to prove yourself, and hey if there is no God at least i was on the safe side right?

wilkin250r
02-15-2004, 10:36 PM
Why do you need proof to believe in God? Perhaps, he's waiting for YOU to make the first move.

If God asked you to give your next paycheck to the church, and THEN he would prove himself to you, would you do it?

What if he DOES prove himself to you, will you then give up your entire life to serve him?

It's called Faith. You believe without proof, without always knowing why. Sometimes, believe it or not, God's plan isn't always perfectly clear from the beginning. And if you don't have faith, then you may not be willing to take that first step without knowing exactly why.

I'm not trying to convert anybody, I'm simply pointing out one small flaw in your logic. Yes, to YOU it makes sense that you need proof, but look at it from the OTHER point of view. If God does exist, and is all-powerful, the creator of the universe and all that you see, isn't it a little presumptuous of you to stand there like a spoiled little child with your arms crossed, vowing not take any action until he prooves himself to you?

QuadJunkies
02-15-2004, 10:38 PM
not saying it was a negative post, just saying the discussion was going pretty good. your post didn't add to the discussion.

not hard to understand eh?

if you are all for the "sweep it under the rug" because YOU think it's a waste of time or that it just brings up conflict...well, i wish you good luck in life, relationships, work, etc...

knowledge and communication go hand in hand. Its Ok Batgeek..Take DEEP, DEEP,Cleansing breaths.....:p :D Im JP with ya.....;)

sparky450AR
02-15-2004, 10:39 PM
Most people i think have never given christ a fair chance, because they are too worried about what other people think/do. You know what, i have already tried to get my point across and i think its worked. So i hope i have helped some people.

batgeek
02-15-2004, 10:45 PM

only this post was in reply to yours QJ. the rest were in refernce to Nausty's post.

batgeek
02-16-2004, 12:01 AM
checking to see if replys work.

fastexgirl4c
02-16-2004, 06:58 AM
not to be mean or nuttin...but this went to 2-3 pages of a good thread to 6 pages of BS....its u r or ur not....simple question:o

Dunlap
02-16-2004, 08:22 AM
Originally posted by wilkin250r
Why do you need proof to believe in God? Perhaps, he's waiting for YOU to make the first move.

If God asked you to give your next paycheck to the church, and THEN he would prove himself to you, would you do it?

What if he DOES prove himself to you, will you then give up your entire life to serve him?

It's called Faith. You believe without proof, without always knowing why. Sometimes, believe it or not, God's plan isn't always perfectly clear from the beginning. And if you don't have faith, then you may not be willing to take that first step without knowing exactly why.

I'm not trying to convert anybody, I'm simply pointing out one small flaw in your logic. Yes, to YOU it makes sense that you need proof, but look at it from the OTHER point of view. If God does exist, and is all-powerful, the creator of the universe and all that you see, isn't it a little presumptuous of you to stand there like a spoiled little child with your arms crossed, vowing not take any action until he prooves himself to you?

I'm really starting to like what you say more and more. Not only do you give good answers about motors but it sounds like you may know the LORD also. Praise God:)

Dunlap
02-16-2004, 09:59 AM
To all the Christians on here who were trying to witness to the lost, God's Word teaches us to use His Word because it is sharper than a 2 edged sword and para-phrasing it allows it to get through to the unsaved person's heart. The only reason I haven't posted on here is because I haven't seen anybody who was really searching for the truth and it's usually a waste of time to tell somebody something that they don't want to hear. If somebody does want to know the truth, they can PM me their phone number and I will call them personally and tell them what God's Word says.

Moded86R
02-16-2004, 10:07 AM

I thought about starting to go to church about a month ago.I had myself convinced that I was going to start going.I didn't though.I think you have a pretty good point with having to take the first move.My dad went to church just about everyweek.He got saved.He helped build the church.(I also did this everynight for like a year.)He read the bible.In the end he was still in alcoholic and he still commited suicide.That is probably the biggest reason I don't go to church.If God is so great.Does all these good things why does he take my dad?Why do little kids die of cancer of everyday?

Some of the things in the Bible seem extremely far fetched.Like parting the Sea.That's pretty crazy if you think about it.And not once has anyone that is alive today saw anything like that.Or anytime in recent history has anything even close to something like that happen.

Maybe one day something will happen in my life and make me change my mind.Until that day I will continue to be a doubter.Instead of a believer.

400exmom
02-16-2004, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by fastexgirl4c
not to be mean or nuttin...but this went to 2-3 pages of a good thread to 6 pages of BS....its u r or ur not....simple question:o still good if you ask me i bet it might have even saved 1 or 2:D im a christian so are my 2 boys~

sportraxrider10
02-16-2004, 10:30 AM
i am catholic and the way i look at it is, the stars are in the sky in the daytime but can you see them? no..............god is here with us on earth but you can't see him till you pass on.

QuadJunkies
02-16-2004, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by Moded86R
I thought about starting to go to church about a month ago.I had myself convinced that I was going to start going.I didn't though.I think you have a pretty good point with having to take the first move.My dad went to church just about everyweek.He got saved.He helped build the church.(I also did this everynight for like a year.)He read the bible.In the end he was still in alcoholic and he still commited suicide.That is probably the biggest reason I don't go to church.If God is so great.Does all these good things why does he take my dad?Why do little kids die of cancer of everyday?

Some of the things in the Bible seem extremely far fetched.Like parting the Sea.That's pretty crazy if you think about it.And not once has anyone that is alive today saw anything like that.Or anytime in recent history has anything even close to something like that happen.

Maybe one day something will happen in my life and make me change my mind.Until that day I will continue to be a doubter.Instead of a believer. ITs hard when you lose someone dear to you and Def. Can test someones Faith.....When I lost my 4 yr old Son to Cardiomyopathy years ago, I had alot of resentment with God and coulndt undestand how he could take such an innocent young life instead of the elder .. I had soo many questiones and doubts and still do about certain things I cannot explain or understand. I could go on and on and on, but I wont, I do believe in God, but I dont go to church, I simply do not feel I have to go to a church to believe in God. I just wanted to say I do understand how you feel losing someone so dear to you can really test a persons faith. Somehow I found a way within myself to find faith in God and I do Pray to him in Private and I do believe he answers lot of my Prayers:)

sleestack68
02-16-2004, 10:33 AM
atheist over here.

Dunlap
02-16-2004, 10:34 AM
Moded 86r, I'm an alcoholic I just have not taken a drink for 16 years. Four years into AA, I started to go to church (mainly to find a good wife) and to learn more about the God I had prayed to. In AA I worked the steps and got the big monkeys off my back that would cause me to want to drink or even take my own life. I don't know why your dad did what he did but I do know that if he was saved, he is with the Lord now and if you ever want to see him again there is only one way to be saved.

The things that happened in the Bible, such as the parting of the Red Sea, were for one reason at that time to lead the people to safety and God showing His hand that He was able to do that great miracle. Jesus dying on the cross is a one time event that takes care of showing His love for us and showing that He can save us - another great miracle that we cannot do for ourselves.

310Rduner
02-16-2004, 10:51 AM

Heres an Off Topic question ..... Who believes in other life beings ?? (ie Aliens) . Do you really think that we are the only ones in this HUGE universe?? Our whole solar system is only one of the billions out there .... comparable to a grain of sand in the Mojave Desert. The evolution of our universe is something that interests me . In the town I live in , we have what is called the Sudbury Neutrino Observatory ... Its basically a huge round "thing" thousands of feet underground , filled with Heavy Water and has thousands of light sensors that monitor it . Basically a neutino is something that cannot been seen by eye and passes threw all masses ( ie human body , rocks , earth) . When they hit heavy water it triggers sensors . They can almost tell how old and far away this neutrino has travelled in its life time , therefore predicting the start of the universe . So far , some of these neutinos have been aged back light years away . The scientists working there have to go threw serveral stages before they can go completly into the observatory . Any sort of dust particule can ruin the whole test laboratory . This basically one of the only places where you can literally eat off the floor . Cleaner than any hospital in the world . It also a multi million dollar testing center . They are planning on building another one in the near future . The best scientists in the world came and work here . I can't remember the name of the scientist , but he is completly handicapped , talks though a computer , but is one of the smartest scientist in the world . He has come up with many theories , and when he visited this Observatory , he predicted that this observatory will be the first in the world to truely come up with result as to how this Universe of ours started . Anyone else take interest in this kind of stuff besides me???

Yeah, that Neutrino center is pretty amazing. I watched a show on the science channel about the neutrinos, but damned interesting. The person you are thinking of is Steven Hawking.

310Rduner
02-16-2004, 11:11 AM
Steven Hokins (?) is the scientists name ( im not really sure if its spelled that way though) . Like you said Chucked, if we are the ONLY ones in this universe , it sure is a waste of space . Our sun will one day burn out and we will have an ice age . This is not soemthing that I'm sure I will see , that my kids will see or my grandkids will see ( I'm only 20) . They say the sun will burn out shortly , but scientifically speaking , "shortly" is in 1000's of years from now . I have been able to see the change in climates over the past 20 years . I remember growing up as a kid we used to ahve very cold days and lots of snow . in 2004 we have hardly any snow and our winters are shorter and summer are hotter . Definately a change in things. Lots of this can be blamed on Global Warming . Our solar system is very small compared to the others in our galaxy . Just like people believing in different religions , I beleive there are other beings out in the universe . Do they look like us , do the same things we do , eat what we eat , live like we live ... who knows?? It would be very interesting to know though . Why would such a HUGE Universe , an endless universe for that matter , have only a small population that we call Earth?? A total waste of space if there is only us . I'd also like to know what is at the "end" of a universe . Is there an end , or does it just keep going? Maybe the end of the universe is life's past , or life's begining . Or maybe we are all living someone elses dream . Stuff like this can really get a person thinking as to what life really is . But why search for an answer if there is no real answer but only theories . As you can see .... I LOVE sciences !!!!!!

You sir, need to go pickup this months Popular Science. VERY interesting article written in easily understood terms (as easily as it can be explained, so the people buying a lawnmower from the mag can also read it) on Super string, and Brane theories, and the 10 dimensions. Brane theory says that our 3-d world is trapped in a 4-d brane that limits us from ever travelling to the outer dimension, and the only things which can travel there are gravitons because they have 0 mass, and travel at the speed of light. They were saying how with string theory the parallel universe could at times be only as far as 1 mm away from our universe because the super string theory has it twisting and wrapping infintely around it self. The wickedest thing is the math all works out for these theories so far, and they explain the huge errors in modern physics based on the standard theory for the universe.

Here is one error in physics which could be explained using Brane, and string theory.( This point is directly from the article)

Let T = the theoretical magnitude of dark energy.

Let E = the experimental value of dark engery.

If the theorists were right in physics, then T should = E. Instead T= E^120

That magnitude difference is larger than the difference of the volume of 1 drop of water measured against the ENTIRE volume of all the universe's oceans, billions of time over. There is not a SINGLE size difference in the earth that differ by that order of magnitude, not 1 electron vs all the mass in the entire universe:eek:

DEFINATELY read this article. It is a really good jump point to start reading more about the difference theory's. Can't wait to talk about these kinds of things with my physics teacher next year.. it just sucks that most of the physics is all motion ( as far as i can tell) that we do next year. I'd rather have debates on Theoretical particle physics hehe.. always fun trying to see how long it takes before your brain starts to hurt.

310Rduner
02-16-2004, 11:43 AM
to think that we are the only "intelligent" lifeform in the universe is quite arrogant. please refer to the Chaos Theory.

it is inherently human to find something to blame when things go wrong. for many, God is their scapegoat. sad but true.

you don't need to go to church to reflect or to be religious. basically the religious experience should be between yourself and your God. i honestly believe that for religious people, they see God in everything in this world.

who made God?

well, if you studied various religions you would know that nothing did...He has been, and always will be. it's a faith thing, get it? if you need this question answered, religion isn't for you.

Steven Hawkings is an atheist.

Batgeek, have you happened to have read Chaos Theory : Making of a New science, By James Gleick? That book is pretty amazing, really makes you sit and think about things. My favorite part of Chaos is predicting period doublings in fluid dynamics based only on the first period doublings in the change from smooth to turbulent flow.. and how after that all period doublings occur in an exact ratio to the first with the convergence factor; and its the SAME ration in all fluids. I also really liked how simple equations could give rise to complex equations, and complex equations could give rise to simple equations; along with sensitive dependence on initial conditions. I think Lorenz and Feigenbaum were freaking geniuses in all that they have figured out.. its mindblowing. Thinking about things like infinite volume in a finite space really stretch your imagination.. along with Fractals.. throw in some strange attractors and you have a pretty wicked slide slow

I think we should start a thread of theory's/ sciences. Most of my time spent talking about theories is with a few of my friends at school who are also very interested in this, but as soon as I get home I feel like there is no one else with the capabilty or interest to talk about these things.:macho

MOFO
02-16-2004, 11:50 AM
310RDuner.. I'll have to pick that magazine up.... sounds like a very good article. Are you familiar with Quantum Physics by any chance? I believe Quantum Physics will be used to make the next BIG discovery...

One of my favorite books is Hyperspace by Michio Kaku. This was probably one of the first books I've read about Quantum Physics and parallel universes...very interesting!

Pvt. Maggot
02-16-2004, 11:59 AM
think of it this way...why are you going to let someone run your life...if you have never met them..all you know is what you read in a book..and you give your entire life to them...hmm..doesn't sound right to me...i like these threads so i can see what everyone thinks of a topic and doesn't bash the crap out of you for stating your own opnion..

MOFO
02-16-2004, 12:02 PM
EDIT due to server problems.

310Rduner
02-16-2004, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by MOFO
310RDuner.. I'll have to pick that magazine up.... sounds like a very good article. Are you familiar with Quantum Physics by any chance? I believe Quantum Physics will be used to make the next BIG discovery...

Not really.. I know a little bit of general ideas of Quantum mechanics just because its so fascinating and hard to NOT try and learn about.. but I don't know any specifics about theories of Quantum physics.. just that its Physics on the smallest scale.

This one show I watch a year or two ago on Science channel was talking about how the sub particles of atoms could explain a persons extra perceptions, and occurences like out of body experiences. It was trying to say that the Core of the atoms and molecules could in fact be a sort of "essence" to a person, like a soul; and that it is very possible that it could give a person cognizence in out of body type experiences.

I think the next big breakthrough is going to come only after Quantum computers are mastered on a scale larger than 5x5 though.. I can't freaking image how it will be to surf the net on a quantum computer..:cool: A very small quantum computer,,much smaller than the average desktop would be more powermul than the super computers that dwell in entire wharehouses.. by a huge margin.

310Rduner
02-16-2004, 12:07 PM
Mofo, go pick up CHAOS: Making a New Science, by James Gleick.. awesome book on chaos. Covers it from the ealiest experiences, and glimmers of Chaos, all the way up to the big breakthroughs, and also covers a lot more overlapping theories as well. I think the next book I go pick up with be on Superstring.. or maybe Brane theory. Depends on what I see when I go to Barnes.

You recommend any other books that are earth shattering type theories??

MOFO
02-16-2004, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by 310Rduner

I think the next big breakthrough is going to come only after Quantum computers are mastered on a scale larger than 5x5 though.. I can't freaking image how it will be to surf the net on a quantum computer..:cool: A very small quantum computer,,much smaller than the average desktop would be more powermul than the super computers that dwell in entire wharehouses.. by a huge margin.

oh I agree with ya 100%.. my understanding is that Quantum Mechanics is based off of Nanotechnology, correct? I've been trying to keep up with all of this stuff because things in the near future (10-15 yrs) are going to be completely different from what we see today.

MOFO
02-16-2004, 12:22 PM
Mofo, go pick up CHAOS: Making a New Science, by James Gleick.. awesome book on chaos. Covers it from the ealiest experiences, and glimmers of Chaos, all the way up to the big breakthroughs, and also covers a lot more overlapping theories as well. I think the next book I go pick up with be on Superstring.. or maybe Brane theory. Depends on what I see when I go to Barnes.

You recommend any other books that are earth shattering type theories??

I'm actually looking for the eBook right now... I'm sure I will enjoy it! I read all of my books with my Pocket PC... great way to read IMO. :D

310Rduner
02-16-2004, 12:27 PM
I'm actually looking for the eBook right now... I'm sure I will enjoy it! I read all of my books with my Pocket PC... great way to read IMO. :D

I could just send you the book for you to read.. You don't strike me as someone who takes a month to read a book:devil: I'll just send it to ya in a manilla envelope.. and then you can send me one of your interesting books if you have any in traditionaly paper. :macho

Ahhh I just read up on Quantum Physics.. veryy sexy. Bose-Einstein Condensate.... :blah: Looks like speed of light is going to be about 10mph in a few years. I can't wait til we have quantum processors ( we already do, just not the scale they want), and use the Bose-Einstein Condensate to have bus speeds and transfers in hardrives using light:macho

Look out Photoshop 30, here I come.

310Rduner
02-16-2004, 12:32 PM
oh I agree with ya 100%.. my understanding is that Quantum Mechanics is based off of Nanotechnology, correct? I've been trying to keep up with all of this stuff because things in the near future (10-15 yrs) are going to be completely different from what we see today.

Exactly. That's how most of these programmers, and computer techs know so much... It's easier to understand something if you followed it from the beginning.. when things were simpler, just like its easier to understand a car engine if you started with something basic like a 250R engine and build experiences on that. Better to be in the know while it's going on so you don't get snowballed trying to keep up later on.

310Rduner
02-16-2004, 12:34 PM
Maybe we should do something like start a book club haha. We just all read a book at the same time so we can talk about it, or we could just setup a little book trade?

310Rduner
02-16-2004, 12:41 PM
Hey Mofo, Here is a Powerpoint I did on Chaos for english class (weird class to be doing it in.. but it was supposed to be on philosophy, and chaos is)

It has points on most of the scientists involved in Chaos to a degree, and covers main points. Quick read if you interested, I just felt like sharing it also.

Chaos Powerpoint (http://f1.pg.briefcase.yahoo.com/bc/chester90210@sbcglobal.net/lst?.dir=/Physics&.order=&.view=l&.src=bc&.done=http%3a//f1.pg.briefcase.yahoo.com/)

MOFO
02-16-2004, 12:48 PM
I appreciate the offer but after searching I found some pretty good deals that would exceed shipping costs...so in the long run, it would be cheaper for me to just buy it I think. Unfortunately it is hard to find certain books in eBook form...hopefully it will catch on.

I've been reading alot of fiction books lately... Timeline which I thought was pretty good, fiction based on Quantum theory's..(the movie was horrible BTW!) and I just started 1632...so far, very interesting.

I'd recommend Hyperspace and there is another book I read a few years ago that was very good as well (same idea)...cant think of the name right now. I'll post it when I dig it back up.

sparky450AR
02-16-2004, 12:49 PM
you forget, the Christian God is a jealous and vengeful God. he has asked for war, he has asked for killing. my biggest gripe...He never had the balls to do this stuff Himself.

Christ is not jelous, he wants whats best for us. Now the gods that are warshiped in a lot of other religions, thats a different story. Some gods are constantly asking for sacrifice, ect. Christ wants us to praise him and love him, spread his word, thats all he ask.

Dont fool yourself thinking Christ is jelous

LTandRaptorider
02-16-2004, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
ITs hard when you lose someone dear to you and Def. Can test someones Faith.....When I lost my 4 yr old Son to Cardiomyopathy years ago, I had alot of resentment with God and coulndt undestand how he could take such an innocent young life instead of the elder .. I had soo many questiones and doubts and still do about certain things I cannot explain or understand. I could go on and on and on, but I wont, I do believe in God, but I dont go to church, I simply do not feel I have to go to a church to believe in God. I just wanted to say I do understand how you feel losing someone so dear to you can really test a persons faith. Somehow I found a way within myself to find faith in God and I do Pray to him in Private and I do believe he answers lot of my Prayers:)

Damn Tina, I'm very sorry to hear that... :( Definitely brought some tears to my eyes... I guess I've lingered in the resentment and doubtful stage... but I hope you're right. I've never claimed to be very bright! damn... :(

Moded86R
02-16-2004, 01:01 PM
QJ I remember you talking about losing your child and while I don't know how that would feel.I know it would be awful.And if you still enough faith in God.That is great.

Mickey dunlap.I understand what you are saying.I am just saying there alot of people that have been waiting along time for some type of miracle to happen.Something to reassure them that there is a higher power.There have been many times where some great miracle would have saved alot of lives.Nothing happened though.The only way we even think it happened is because it says it in a book.I am not trying to be offensive at all.

My entire life I attended one church.The preacher has 2 sons and 2 daughters.His younger son was one of my best freinds.I spent the night at his house many times.And the man I saw at his house wasn't the same guy that was up there preaching to us every sunday.The church used to be pretty good sized.Had a really good sized congregation.There where a few people that where pretty well off.I remember they bought the church a brand new dodge van.I also remember the church selling it a few years later.What happened to all that money?I also remember coming to church and seeing a brand new 4wd tractor with a front end loader.had to be atleast a 35-40,000 tractor.It wasn't no little tractor.It was pretty good sized.Guess where it was the next time I saw it?At the preacher's house.All those good people now go to a different church.The church I went to is now little bity.And in a strip mall on main street.

I guess this also didn't help any.I remember when they would take offering's the preacher would say write out a check for 10,000 dollars.Every week he would say that.I don't know why but it always bothered me.

I guess I am to scared to go to a new church really.Like I said I was really thinking about it.I talked to my mom about it and she said she would also like to start going.We just don't know where to go.I know this sounds bad.But I can't really say I trust to many of the church's in this area.Heard to many bad things about them.

Samson
02-16-2004, 01:22 PM

Guess you never heard of the Flood or Sodom and Gomorrah? :huh

Sad you think that's what you think it's all about though. While I think he has the same emotions as you and me, the dominate one would be love.

Hard to know him without reading his word. You should read it, ponder it, then make up your mind. All I'm saying.

PHIL_B54
02-16-2004, 02:23 PM
"But if you will not obey the LORD your God by diligently observing all his commandments and decrees, which I am commanding you today, then all these curses shall come upon you and overtake you: 16Cursed shall you be in the city, and cursed shall you be in the field. 17Cursed shall be your basket and your kneading bowl. 18Cursed shall be the fruit of your womb, the fruit of your ground, the increase of your cattle and the issue of your flock. 19Cursed shall you be when you come in, and cursed shall you be when you go out. 20The LORD will send upon you disaster, panic, and frustration in everything you attempt to do, until you are destroyed and perish quickly, on account of the evil of your deeds, because you have forsaken me. 21The LORD will make the pestilence cling to you until it has consumed you off the land that you are entering to possess. 22The LORD will afflict you with consumption, fever, inflammation, with fiery heat and drought, and with blight and mildew; they shall pursue you until you perish. 23The sky over your head shall be bronze, and the earth under you iron. 24The LORD will change the rain of your land into powder, and only dust shall come down upon you from the sky until you are destroyed. 25The LORD will cause you to be defeated before your enemies; you shall go out against them one way and flee before them seven ways. You shall become an object of horror to all the kingdoms of the earth. 26Your corpses shall be food for every bird of the air and animal of the earth, and there shall be no one to frighten them away. 27The LORD will afflict you with the boils of Egypt, with ulcers, scurvy, and itch, of which you cannot be healed. 28The LORD will afflict you with madness, blindness, and confusion of mind; 29you shall grope about at noon as blind people grope in darkness, but you shall be unable to find your way; and you shall be continually abused and robbed, without anyone to help. 30You shall become engaged to a woman, but another man shall lie with her. You shall build a house, but not live in it. You shall plant a vineyard, but not enjoy its fruit. 31Your ox shall be butchered before your eyes, but you shall not eat of it. Your donkey shall be stolen in front of you, and shall not be restored to you. Your sheep shall be given to your enemies, without anyone to help you. 32Your sons and daughters shall be given to another people, while you look on; you will strain your eyes looking for them all day but be powerless to do anything. 33A people whom you do not know shall eat up the fruit of your ground and of all your labors; you shall be continually abused and crushed, 34and driven mad by the sight that your eyes shall see. 35The LORD will strike you on the knees and on the legs with grievous boils of which you cannot be healed, from the sole of your foot to the crown of your head. 36The LORD will bring you, and the king whom you set over you, to a nation that neither you nor your ancestors have known, where you shall serve other gods, of wood and stone. 37You shall become an object of horror, a proverb, and a byword among all the peoples where the LORD will lead you. 38You shall carry much seed into the field but shall gather little in, for the locust shall consume it. 39You shall plant vineyards and dress them, but you shall neither drink the wine nor gather the grapes, for the worm shall eat them. 40You shall have olive trees throughout all your territory, but you shall not anoint yourself with the oil, for your olives shall drop off. 41You shall have sons and daughters, but they shall not remain yours, for they shall go into captivity. 42All your trees and the fruit of your ground the cicada shall take over. 43Aliens residing among you shall ascend above you higher and higher, while you shall descend lower and lower. 44They shall lend to you but you shall not lend to them; they shall be the head and you shall be the tail."

do what I say or I'll beat you up.....the lord that loves and cares and everything good, but if you dont believe, he will do all that to you. that is the hypocracy that bothers me most about organized religion. Love for those like you, and the others will go to hell.

what makes them a better christian(or whatever) than i am an atheisist? i tell you what, you will see me stopping and checking on people with car problems, getting people out of the snow, helping where i see i can. can you say the same thing for some religious people? what makes your religion better than my lack of? the point....you dont have to be religious to be a decent person

MOFO
02-16-2004, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by PHIL_B54
....you dont have to be religious to be a decent person

exactly.

300EXrider02
02-16-2004, 02:31 PM
I could have put 500$ that this thread would have turned out like this, from the title I said "oh God", and from page 1, to 14 it slowly escalates....if you ask me, its hilarious, people take things way to personal, let it go, let it be

blondie69
02-16-2004, 02:46 PM
dang, blondie you rock!

me two!:D

I try;) :blah:

Wow...9 pages:eek:

Its funny...I'm athesist (or however it's spelled) but my friends only laff at me cuz everything that comes outa my mouth is "jesus christ" and "god damnit" lol...it's not that I mean to...it's jus thats what everyone in my house says...so it rubs off:rolleyes:

I got my theory...
We are here cuz we are meant to be. No god, no nothing. We will all die someday of a plague or the earth will explode or of war. The sun will explode in something like 7.5 billion yrs. It will take 8 minuites to reach the earth, and if we have not died of radiation poison from the sun explosion, plague or of an exploded earth or of war, we will die because of no sunlight (no sunlight = no plants). The universe will go poof and we will start all over again starting back again with the micro organisms like amoeba and crap like that, that we all evolved from, and the earth will be re-born. It will take billions of years, but hey, its all good. It's how the order of things go. God did not put us here. God did not put Adam & Eve here. (if he did...we would be all inscest:huh ) and so thats my theory:rolleyes:

batgeek
02-16-2004, 02:53 PM
Christ is not jelous, he wants whats best for us. Now the gods that are warshiped in a lot of other religions, thats a different story. Some gods are constantly asking for sacrifice, ect. Christ wants us to praise him and love him, spread his word, thats all he ask.

Dont fool yourself thinking Christ is jelous

i said Christian God...not Christ.

Dueteronomy 6:15

For the Lord thy God is a jealous God among you lest the anger of the Lord thy God be kindled against thee, and destroy thee from off the face of the earth.

nahhhhhh he's not jealous at all.

Samson
02-16-2004, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by PHIL_B54
do what I say or I'll beat you up.....the lord that loves and cares and everything good, but if you dont believe, he will do all that to you. that is the hypocracy that bothers me most about organized religion. Love for those like you, and the others will go to hell.

what makes them a better christian(or whatever) than i am an atheisist? i tell you what, you will see me stopping and checking on people with car problems, getting people out of the snow, helping where i see i can. can you say the same thing for some religious people? what makes your religion better than my lack of? the point....you dont have to be religious to be a decent person

Your mamma never told you she brought you into this world and she can take you out? LOL! I think that was probably out of context, though it seems we tend to look to God in times of tragedy and brush Him off when things are good. Your life's a gift. Cherish it. Doesn't hurt to say thanks.

By the way, you cannot be saved though works:

John 14:6
Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Ephesians 2:8-9
For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: 9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

However, it also says:

Matthew 16:27
...he shall reward every man according to his works.

freestylequads
02-16-2004, 03:42 PM
i am kind of shocked with everyone who says they are not a christian..not to be judgemental. but if you are not a christian i dont think you comprehend where you will be spending eternity. you do not just decay. you will go to hell where you will be burning and it will be the worst possible situation times like 1000000 and it never ends...your burning and never will stop..i will pray for you who want to go through that. i however, am thankful that i am a christian and i know where i will be going..heaven, where i will spend eternity with streets paved of gold and no sickness or depression..i was placed on this earth to do something with my life just like you and i want to do the Lords will..which at this point i think is to witness...the end is coming near and many of you are not ready, ask God for a huge tremendous sign that He is real and omnipotent and He will show you...my friend was not a christian and I prayed with him and he said that God literally stopped him in his path and showed him his life and then showed him what his life could have been. he changed right there and has been a strong christian ever since...not to be judging, but i think that everyone here should pray right now...and ask God to come into your lives and work miracles ten times over what you have now..

sorry for the long post, if you want to talk more in depth with me personally my aim sn is - hondaracer12408

adam

freestylequads
i am kind of shocked with everyone who says they are not a christian..not to be judgemental. but if you are not a christian i dont think you comprehend where you will be spending eternity. you do not just decay. you will go to hell where you will be burning and it will be the worst possible situation times like 1000000 and it never ends...your burning and never will stop..i will pray for you who want to go through that. i however, am thankful that i am a christian and i know where i will be going..heaven, where i will spend eternity with streets paved of gold and no sickness or depression..i was placed on this earth to do something with my life just like you and i want to do the Lords will..which at this point i think is to witness...the end is coming near and many of you are not ready, ask God for a huge tremendous sign that He is real and omnipotent and He will show you...my friend was not a christian and I prayed with him and he said that God literally stopped him in his path and showed him his life and then showed him what his life could have been. he changed right there and has been a strong christian ever since...not to be judging, but i think that everyone here should pray right now...and ask God to come into your lives and work miracles ten times over what you have now..

sorry for the long post, if you want to talk more in depth with me personally my aim sn is - hondaracer12408

adam

freestylequads

adam

freestylequads
02-16-2004, 03:46 PM
sorry for the triple post junk..my comp screwed up

sorry for any inconvienences

toby400ex
02-16-2004, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by freestylequads

adam Since I dont believe in the stuff I dont believe there is a hell for me to go to. o well

Dunlap
02-16-2004, 04:11 PM
Moded86r I'm not offended by what your saying. In fact, I would agree that some churches or the people running them are not doing it the way God would have them to do. If we focus in on people, we obviously will see their character defects which is fine because there are none of us that are perfect. God says there is none that are good, no not one. Everyone who is talking on here, if they are honest with themselves, would agree that they are sinners. As Christians that say who say we are without sin are liers; we are not perfect. If you have read any of my posts where I have had to defend myself or have talked ill about someone else, you know that I am not perfect either and have never claimed to be. We have all sinned and come short of the glory of God. So as far as finding a church that is going to be "perfect" there aren't any and if I ever find one that I think is perfect, I can't join it because I will ruin it for the rest of them (lol)! Basically what I am saying is don't focus in on the people but focus in on what Christ has done for you and by faith trust Him to do what He says. I feel very good about trusting a God who created something from nothing and created us from the dust of the earth. The heavens declare the glory of God and the earth shows His handywork. Keep searching and you will find what you are looking for - God promises this.

Urpoisonddream
02-16-2004, 04:36 PM
im a christian but im not religious. I dont listen to christian music or anything. And i go to church when im allowed. :rolleyes:

wilkin250r
02-16-2004, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by Mickey Dunlap
I'm really starting to like what you say more and more. Not only do you give good answers about motors but it sounds like you may know the LORD also. Praise God:)

Thanks. It sounds like you have had a few rough spots in your life, I'm glad you made it through.

My walk with God has always been very personal. I've attended many churches for various lengths of time, and I always felt out of place. They didn't bring me joy or peace, but just the opposite. In the end, I have to conclude that God just doesn't want me in a church, and since I've stopped attending, my faith and knowledge has grown much faster than it ever did while attending church.

wilkin250r
02-16-2004, 05:12 PM
Moded86r I'm not offended by what your saying. In fact, I would agree that some churches or the people running them are not doing it the way God would have them to do. If we focus in on people, we obviously will see their character defects which is fine because there are none of us that are perfect. God says there is none that are good, no not one. Everyone who is talking on here, if they are honest with themselves, would agree that they are sinners. As Christians that say who say we are without sin are liers; we are not perfect. If you have read any of my posts where I have had to defend myself or have talked ill about someone else, you know that I am not perfect either and have never claimed to be. We have all sinned and come short of the glory of God. So as far as finding a church that is going to be "perfect" there aren't any and if I ever find one that I think is perfect, I can't join it because I will ruin it for the rest of them (lol)! Basically what I am saying is don't focus in on the people but focus in on what Christ has done for you and by faith trust Him to do what He says. I feel very good about trusting a God who created something from nothing and created us from the dust of the earth. The heavens declare the glory of God and the earth shows His handywork. Keep searching and you will find what you are looking for - God promises this.

I've been around. I knew a man, very outstanding member in the local church, always involved in church activities. He recently went to prison for sexually molesting his 13yr old daughter. Athiest or not, that's just wrong, but does his actions mean that God did not create the earth?

I've seen many "Christians" that are horrible people that I would never associate myself with. I've also seen many athiests that are terrific people that would give you the shirt off their back. To be quite honest, I have seen more ugliness and evil inside the church than I ever saw outside of it. However, it only shook my faith in people. My faith in God never faltered.

LTandRaptorider
02-16-2004, 05:20 PM
Hmmm... I'm starting to be swayed!:eek2:

I have a weak mind... :o I agree with many on here... my religion wouldn't be found in a church. Can you guess I was raised Catholic? :)

SRH
02-16-2004, 05:32 PM

if he asked for my next paycheck id say no, and even if he did prove himself , im not serving him, maybe if hes like yeah u go make a bunch of people serve me and ill give this here set of hiper wheels and the front end for this weeks work id be like eh what the heck

hell i dont know god, for all i know is hes trying to brainwash us for some crazy plan he has

if there is a god how do we know he created everything? maybe were all satans children and god is a crazy goody too shoes going door and door trying to make us good, plans on overthrowing the devil, meanwhile the devil is drinkin beer partying with hookers and ridin laughing because hes gonan have all the religous people picking rocks on his practice track, god could be a tree hugger..who knows

to me devoting my life to something i have no reason to beleive in, isnt normal or natural

religous people have the ability to twist anything into boosting there faith or showing them a sign of his power, if i wake up tomorow and decide to walk down the road and smack u in the head when u walk out the door do u think thats a sign of god? **** no i just felt like smacking you in the head, and u try to tell me bad things are good for you? **** that, there not it sucks , dont give me its part of gods plan crap, because if it is hes more twisted than any evil out there

when i do something im ashamed of i ask for forgiveness from myself, and when something bad happens i pray to myself to pull through it, dont let your weaknesses absorb you, its all in your head, you can make it throught anything if your a strong enough person

im not saying there is a god but i trust nothing and no one until theyve proven thereself to me

hes like the astranged father, hes barely around and when he does come he expects u to act like things are all good, no its not, where were u when my pet cat died?

i can ramble on and on, but none of you will even think about what i just said

Urpoisonddream
02-16-2004, 05:35 PM
I understand what you are saying.. completely. I feel ya. My cat died too not that long ago and go chewed up by the dumb dog across the street:grr:

LTandRaptorider
02-16-2004, 05:37 PM
Well, this may be hell on earth, but I hope I'm not Satan's child! :eek2: Although I can be a little devil once in a while... :devil:

I like your post, it will take the heat off me for a while. Ha! I don't look so bad now... :p

SRH
02-16-2004, 05:44 PM
think about it tho, you have your life here and now, everything to make one person happy, anyone of us has the oppurtunity for happiness, i dont care what you say

and im no devil worshiper i stand int he middle of the good and bad crap... but satan himself the guy in hell how do you know hes a bad guy? evil itself is bad, but how do u know the 2 are associated, for all i know hes a guy who opposed this god to such an extent he was sent to hell

look at hitler, his followers felt it was good and right those on the outside saw the evil those who opposed him, were basically sent to hell

ill just live and take no sides either way until i have a reason to

but i will not waste away my life following any religon..

im always misunderstood so i expect somebody to go off on me lol:blah:

wilkin250r
02-16-2004, 05:44 PM
To be honest, faith and religion is not the easy path. There are lessons to be learned, and tests to endure. There may be something you would like to do, a particular course of action, but God has other plans. While you always have the choice, if you persist, you will regret it.

Lessons are tough. If you do not learn the lesson the first time around (and many of us don't) you WILL repeat it. If you are thick headed, and you STILL don't learn the lesson, you will repeat it again, as many times as it takes. In a battle of wills with God, you will eventually lose.

Be careful what you pray for. I made the mistake of asking for wisdom once. Do you know how you gain wisdom? By experience, and usually not pleasant experience. I've learned not to ask for anything. I just say "thanks" when something comes along.

Because of my faith, it is guarenteed that I will never win the lottery, because I don't need it. In fact, if I ever DID win a large sum of money, I would be scared to death. A million dollars would probably accompany at least 3/4 million in medical costs for cancer or something like that.

"Instead of wanting things you don't have, be thankful for the things you DO have." Sure, we all know the philosophy, but how many of us actually LEARN to be thankful for our family because we came close to losing it, or worse maybe, actually lost a piece of it. (QuadJunkies, I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. :( ) Lessons are often painful.

The path of rightousness is not some fanciful cop-out for the weak-hearted to escape responsability. TRUE accountability comes after you have agreed to walk the path that God intends for you.

spincr4hire
02-16-2004, 05:49 PM
kinda off topic, I've been to 2 funerals in 3 days; my cousin-in-law and my aunt. Has anyone ever noticed that deaths come in 3s? Just wondering who the 3rd is going to be.:confused:
I hate open casket funerals, btw, I want to be creamated when I die.

SRH
02-16-2004, 05:52 PM
To be honest, faith and religion is not the easy path. There are lessons to be learned, and tests to endure. There may be something you would like to do, a particular course of action, but God has other plans. While you always have the choice, if you persist, you will regret it.

Lessons are tough. If you do not learn the lesson the first time around (and many of us don't) you WILL repeat it. If you are thick headed, and you STILL don't learn the lesson, you will repeat it again, as many times as it takes. In a battle of wills with God, you will eventually lose.

Be careful what you pray for. I made the mistake of asking for wisdom once. Do you know how you gain wisdom? By experience, and usually not pleasant experience. I've learned not to ask for anything. I just say "thanks" when something comes along.

Because of my faith, it is guarenteed that I will never win the lottery, because I don't need it. In fact, if I ever DID win a large sum of money, I would be scared to death. A million dollars would probably accompany at least 3/4 million in medical costs for cancer or something like that.

"Instead of wanting things you don't have, be thankful for the things you DO have." Sure, we all know the philosophy, but how many of us actually LEARN to be thankful for our family because we came close to losing it, or worse maybe, actually lost a piece of it. (QuadJunkies, I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. :( ) Lessons are often painful.

The path of rightousness is not some fanciful cop-out for the weak-hearted to escape responsability. TRUE accountability comes after you have agreed to walk the path that God intends for you.

no offense to your post, but this is exactly what went through my head, only using it as an example

you just fed me a plate full of bull****

you sound brain washed, you twist life into this big great meaning

and these lessons u talk of sounds more like hes forcing you into his view of how life should be i will not conform to that althought i learn lesson if god makes you, what kind of ****in sicko kills your aunt to teach you something? sounds like some crazy badass , not a life valuing do gooder the good in me tells me not to follow such a person

spincr4hire
02-16-2004, 05:53 PM
batgeek, you need to come to the next H/M ride so we can throw back a few and get philosophical..;)

SRH
02-16-2004, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by spincr4hire
kinda off topic, I've been to 2 funerals in 3 days; my cousin-in-law and my aunt. Has anyone ever noticed that deaths come in 3s? Just wondering who the 3rd is going to be.:confused:

OMG 2x 3 is 6,somehow you couldget 666, its the godamn devil...

all seriousness, i guess i do fear the what if there is a god and he gets pissed at me and makes my life terrible , but im very superstitious also, i fear god as much as i do a black cat or walking under a ladder, go figure

wilkin250r
02-16-2004, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by SRH
no offense to your post, but this is exactly what went through my head, only using it as an example

and these lessons u talk of sounds more like hes forcing you into his view of how life should be i will not conform to that althought i learn lesson if god makes you, what kind of ****in sicko kills your aunt to teach you something? sounds like some crazy badass , not a life valuing do gooder the good in me tells me not to follow such a person

Sometimes, life isn't always about YOU.

Your aunt may die for reasons that don't have anything to do with you. Sometimes, you're aren't the sole reason for everything that happens in the universe.

Dunlap
02-16-2004, 06:07 PM
SRH is a very angry person,:(

SRH
02-16-2004, 06:09 PM
Sometimes, life isn't always about YOU.

Your aunt may die for reasons that don't have anything to do with you. Sometimes, you're aren't the sole reason for everything that happens in the universe.

yeah, religous people would be good salesmen

SRH
02-16-2004, 06:13 PM
SRH is a very angry person,:(

yeah i guess religous people annoy me

wilkin250r
02-16-2004, 06:22 PM
Originally posted by SRH
yeah, religous people would be good salesmen

Please don't take any offense to all this.

You say I sound brainwashed. I say you sound close-minded. There is no answer I can give you to satisfy you.

You say God could be some crazy whacko. What kind of response is there to an arguement like that? Perhaps he's not? Perhaps every word of the bible is true? You say this, I say that. There is no resolution to it, the entire arguement is absurd.

The only answer to your arguement you have already heard many times, so why say it again?

I don't twist life into this great big meaning. There is no rule that says if you believe in God, you have to give up everything good in your life. You don't have to sell your house and give it to the church. It is possible to believe in God, and still race quads on Sunday.

ScottZJ
02-16-2004, 06:22 PM
Well I do believe in God and pray everyday I wake up, thanking him for one more blessed day. God is not someone who puts bad things onto people, he is a very loving God. He gave his son for the sins of the world, that means you and me. He would never put anything on your shoulders that you cant handle thru his guidence.
I dont believe in "religion". That is man made and like all who have come to this earth(except, Jesus) are not perfect. I have never once pushed my believe on someone but I will tell others if they ask it of me. I believe I can plant the seed and let someone else come by to water it into growth. I do pray for those that dont believe, that they might see the light beyond this worldly body. I respect each decision but remeber its one you have to live with forever.
John 3:16 "For God So loved the world, that he gave his only begotten son, that who so ever believe in him, should not perrish, but have every lasting life."
I think that sums it all up, he is one loving and awesome God. Have a blessed day..............peace
Scott

Samson
02-16-2004, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by SRH

Think long term. We're here but for a blink of an eye. I think you are pretty young. Please correct me if I'm wrong. The older you get, life becomes a blur. You start wondering where the years went.

I've seen God work in people's lives. What's wrong with love your neighbor as you do yourself? Trust me, it's not always easy, but it does make the world a better place though.

I believe life's a preparation. I believe what these guys are talking about is hope. Hope for your future. Why you getting irritated? These guys aren't judging you. They are just worried for you.

D11NR
02-16-2004, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by SRH
Why would religious people annoy you, because they have a belief in god and choose to express it. :confused: The good in you doesnt come from you alone, and he wont force you to do anything, he wants you to choose. You say you dont fear him, well one day the time will come when you will. I know this post was for the ones that are not religious but something inside me said to post and by george I Think it just might be the good lord himself. have a nice day:D

Dunlap
02-16-2004, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by SRH

I'm not a religous person, and I don't want to be. Religous people do the same thing religously. Religous people go to church because they think it gets them to heaven. God says not by works least any man should boast. If I had to earn my way to heaven by being a good person I would surely fry. The other side to that is bad people don't go to hell because they are bad, they go because they are unsaved and chose to reject Gods free gift. Look at it this way if I'm wrong it's no big thing, but if you are wrong you are in for an eternity in hell.:devil: or:D it's your choise.

JATV250
02-16-2004, 06:57 PM
I believe in God but not in religion. I pray eveyday and night and give thanks to God for what He has blessed me with and i go to church to worship. ScottZJ and Samson, i enjoyed reading your repliesas well as a few others.

wilkin250r
02-16-2004, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by SRH
OMG 2x 3 is 6,somehow you couldget 666, its the godamn devil...

all seriousness, i guess i do fear the what if there is a god and he gets pissed at me and makes my life terrible , but im very superstitious also, i fear god as much as i do a black cat or walking under a ladder, go figure

This doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me. If you don't mind me asking, exactly what do you believe? Do you believe there is no God, or do you believe there is a God, but you just choose not to follow him? Or, are you still searching for truth and haven't made up your mind either way?

wilkin250r
02-16-2004, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by SRH

To be quite honest, most of them annoy me, too.

bigboy03
02-16-2004, 07:06 PM
I do believe and I do pray. I was rasied in the Church. My father was the pastor so I really didn't have a choose as to going or not. Today I don't attend Church very often. I think about it often, I pray and I thank God for my life, family and good friends. I have been blessed and for that I am thankful.

I feel each person has the right to believe as they see fit and I accept each person for who they are.

:macho

Oh and Spincr you are not the first to tell me death comes in 3's. Maybe its a Kentucky thing, lol.

blondie69
02-16-2004, 07:18 PM

I've noticed that. 1 of my teachers died at the end of November (atv accident), my grandfather at the beg of december (natural causes) and my uncle at the beg on january (suicide) my uncle and grandfather were cremated. My teacher...open casket...:eek2: (not so pretty, seein as he was really mangled in the accident:eek: )

Weird

Honestly I don't care if I'm creamated or not. Whatever is cheepest for my family:huh

Quad18star
02-16-2004, 07:28 PM
It does happen in threes .... a couple years ago a guy I went to school with died after rolling his truck into a ditch .. he was only going maybe 15 mph but his window was opened and his head was crashed . Later in January ... 2 of my friends ( 1 was a very close friend) died in a snowmobiling accident when they collided head on with eachother doing about 70 mph ..... not a pretty sight from what I was told by my friends dad who is a fire fighter

SRH
02-16-2004, 08:03 PM
This doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me. If you don't mind me asking, exactly what do you believe? Do you believe there is no God, or do you believe there is a God, but you just choose not to follow him? Or, are you still searching for truth and haven't made up your mind either way?

i guess you could say i dont really care either way ill find out one day, i never really think about it or care to

Raptor4439
02-16-2004, 08:20 PM
I go to church everytime the doors are open and i'll say that im saved and I believe in God. I'm not the kinda person who goes visiting and stuff but I still have a firm relationship with him. I pray everyday night before I go to sleep, thanking him for what he's done for me and what he's going to do for me (2 400ex's :D and a loving stepdad :cool: ) and I pray everytime before a riding trip just to be sure :blah:

310Rduner
02-16-2004, 08:25 PM
To me the #1 thing that keeps me from believing in God is this. There are so many religions out there claiming that a prophet, or messenger or Christ came as word of mouth for God, and that their religion is correct. If I am to believe that Christ died on the cross, and was the son of God.. then why am I not to believe that Mohammad is the prohpet, and Islam the true religion. There are so many religions claiming equal validity, yet none of them leave room to allow the others to be true. If one religion is correct, then all the other have the same chance as being right as well.

I think it is too historically overwhelming (from what I gather so far, maybe I am missing something) to believe that a Christ figure died on the cross. What I Disregard, is any inclination that he turned water into wine, or other such miracles. The red sea was never parted, Jesus never walked on water. I can't take the bible very seriously, seeing as how it was written Decades after christ's passion, and was intended to PERSUADE people to come to christianity. If I am trying to convince someone of something, then I am da*ned well going to stretch facts and force half truths to convince you.

Aside from people believing that a messenger is bringing them news of God, I don't see how people can invent a religion and assume its right. Religion is INVENTED. How do you go from the idea that there is a God to thinking... " ok.. God is this this and this, and you should do such and such". It's all made up. I can understand a general belief in a God, who knows maybe there is a God ( I'm agnostic, but disbelieve in Christ and Christianity's God) just because it CAN'T be proved or disproved, and don't give me the "Faith" answer. The word faith is nothing more than a complicated way of saying Gambling. You are gambling on the belief there is a God, and Christ is his son. It's nothing more than gambling in a book written by 4 followers of a person who died on the cross for crimes of herecy, and wrote a book to Persuade other's he was the son of God. I'm sure there are followers of Charles Manson who have written books proclaiming his greatness, but for those people who were there in time to witness his acts KNOW it is all Bullsh*t.

So until physicists finally are able to travel through wormholes back in time to witness Christ's supposed mircacles, it is all a Guessing game, on which I will continue to rely on cold hard reason and logic.

I wonder this.... if scientists find life on another planet, does this PROVE the bibles falseness, as we are proported by the bible to be a special case.

Personally, if I were God or jesus I would have been a little bit smarter about how I was going to go about writing the bible. Why not instead a bunch of fables, you write about the future of cold hard science.. predict atoms, quarks, quasar's and the other such. Obviously in the future we would KNOW that there was no possible way for anyone BUT a messenger of God to know such facts. Things like the atomic weight of oxygen.... just anything untangible to humanity in the far past.

Here is another. If God is compassionate, and sent Jesus to earth to save our soul's, then why condemn hundreds of thousands of humans before.... must not be a very understanding or compassionate guy. Or maybe jesus just took a couple million years to get to earth.. slow communication??

I think if God exists, then he is a Deist god.. sad as that may be for those who think God cares about us. But it does sound the most likely.

JATV250
02-16-2004, 08:36 PM
I also read the Bible and believe in it. As far as different religions are concerned, there are a lot of different ones out there. I am a Christian and reaqd my Bible and believe it. The book of Revelations talks about the end times. We are living in the end times now according to Revelations. Everything it talks about is happening in the world today.

Greg Z
02-16-2004, 08:37 PM
:devil: I celebrate christmas/easter/ and panaheas (sorry dont no how to say it in english im greek ) I NEVER go to church but I guess you can say Im not religious but I do have a religion. and some times I dont beelive and sometimes I do. its hard for me to decide:mad:

im 16 now been to church maybe 15 times my whole life...

toby400ex
02-16-2004, 08:39 PM
To me the #1 thing that keeps me from believing in God is this. There are so many religions out there claiming that a prophet, or messenger or Christ came as word of mouth for God, and that their religion is correct. If I am to believe that Christ died on the cross, and was the son of God.. then why am I not to believe that Mohammad is the prohpet, and Islam the true religion. There are so many religions claiming equal validity, yet none of them leave room to allow the others to be true. If one religion is correct, then all the other have the same chance as being right as well.

I think it is too historically overwhelming (from what I gather so far, maybe I am missing something) to believe that a Christ figure died on the cross. What I Disregard, is any inclination that he turned water into wine, or other such miracles. The red sea was never parted, Jesus never walked on water. I can't take the bible very seriously, seeing as how it was written Decades after christ's passion, and was intended to PERSUADE people to come to christianity. If I am trying to convince someone of something, then I am da*ned well going to stretch facts and force half truths to convince you.

Aside from people believing that a messenger is bringing them news of God, I don't see how people can invent a religion and assume its right. Religion is INVENTED. How do you go from the idea that there is a God to thinking... " ok.. God is this this and this, and you should do such and such". It's all made up. I can understand a general belief in a God, who knows maybe there is a God ( I'm agnostic, but disbelieve in Christ and Christianity's God) just because it CAN'T be proved or disproved, and don't give me the "Faith" answer. The word faith is nothing more than a complicated way of saying Gambling. You are gambling on the belief there is a God, and Christ is his son. It's nothing more than gambling in a book written by 4 followers of a person who died on the cross for crimes of herecy, and wrote a book to Persuade other's he was the son of God. I'm sure there are followers of Charles Manson who have written books proclaiming his greatness, but for those people who were there in time to witness his acts KNOW it is all Bullsh*t.

So until physicists finally are able to travel through wormholes back in time to witness Christ's supposed mircacles, it is all a Guessing game, on which I will continue to rely on cold hard reason and logic.

I wonder this.... if scientists find life on another planet, does this PROVE the bibles falseness, as we are proported by the bible to be a special case.

Personally, if I were God or jesus I would have been a little bit smarter about how I was going to go about writing the bible. Why not instead a bunch of fables, you write about the future of cold hard science.. predict atoms, quarks, quasar's and the other such. Obviously in the future we would KNOW that there was no possible way for anyone BUT a messenger of God to know such facts. Things like the atomic weight of oxygen.... just anything untangible to humanity in the far past.

Here is another. If God is compassionate, and sent Jesus to earth to save our soul's, then why condemn hundreds of thousands of humans before.... must not be a very understanding or compassionate guy. Or maybe jesus just took a couple million years to get to earth.. slow communication??

I think if God exists, then he is a Deist god.. sad as that may be for those who think God cares about us. But it does sound the most likely. If I was as good as you at putting what I thought into words I would have said alot of that too.

Greg Z
02-16-2004, 08:43 PM

I think if God exists, then he is a Deist god.. sad as that may be for those who think God cares about us. But it does sound the most likely.

you have to watch bruce almighty to understand it all

lol:devil:

Samson
02-16-2004, 09:08 PM

You know false prophets by the fruits of their labor. If God created you and created the world and everthing on it, why can't he part a sea or turn water to wine? Study the apostles and see what truth and accuracy of the gospels meant to them. Stretching it would have gone against everything they believed and taught. If it wasn't true, why did some of his desciples die for a lie? The bible does speak of the future. I believe the meanings of Revolations will be revealed when the time is right. Christ came when he could have the greatest impact, but it wasn't the first time God had communicated with man. It says he walked in the Garden with Adam and Eve, told Noah to build the Ark and do the Ten Comanments rinfg a bell? Those just come to mind.

You seem ike an intelligent guy. Don't pass it off before really looking into it. I think it's worth checking out at least.

Thinking about it is good. It's a start.

sfalumberjack98
02-16-2004, 10:07 PM
Its all about the faith folks. I went to college and i consider myself a smart fella. I know that there is know way that i should believe Jesus is Gods son, that he died on the cross for me, and then rose again. But, i can not deny the white knuckle feeling i had back in 88 when i became "saved" (invited God into my heart and all). My faith in something i cannot see or be shown facts of is what makes me sure that my place in heaven is reserved. Ive backsliden now and thats a shame, but i still feel that jesus was indeed the son of God and that all that happened, happened, no matter the different ways the gospels put it. Chance im wrong........yes. If so......ive still led alot of folks to God and a better feeling in their hearts. Thats something to me either way.

Later

310Rduner
02-17-2004, 12:48 AM
Originally posted by Samson
You know false prophets by the fruits of their labor. If God created you and created the world and everthing on it, why can't he part a sea or turn water to wine? Study the apostles and see what truth and accuracy of the gospels meant to them. Stretching it would have gone against everything they believed and taught. If it wasn't true, why did some of his desciples die for a lie? The bible does speak of the future. I believe the meanings of Revolations will be revealed when the time is right. Christ came when he could have the greatest impact, but it wasn't the first time God had communicated with man. It says he walked in the Garden with Adam and Eve, told Noah to build the Ark and do the Ten Comanments rinfg a bell? Those just come to mind.

You seem ike an intelligent guy. Don't pass it off before really looking into it. I think it's worth checking out at least.

Thinking about it is good. It's a start.

Ahhh don't get me started on that arc now.. lol:macho

Samson
02-17-2004, 07:37 AM
Ahhh don't get me started on that arc now.. lol:macho

I don't mind talking about it as long we can be civil. Just allow me to express my beliefs too.

I know I've dug up shells in west Texas where we don't get much rain. This was 50 miles from the nearest river. All lakes that I know of within 300 miles were man made. Not to mention I'm sitting an an oil field. The climate was very different at one time for sure. That to me helps support the global flood.

The bible says it didn't rain before the flood. That water swelled up from the gound. That the earth was surrounded by what I picture as one big cloud.

Some believe this cloud gave it a greenhouse affect. Allowing tropical plants and life to survive in areas where they normally couldn't. Interesting stuff!

02-17-2004, 08:00 AM
I'm a firm believer in the Lord and his son Jesus Christ. I also go to church every sunday when I'm not racing or riding. :)

Dunlap
02-17-2004, 08:11 AM
Originally posted by Rico
I'm a firm believer in the Lord and his son Jesus Christ. I also go to church every sunday when I'm not racing or riding. :)

Are you kidding me, don't play with us like that:eek2:

Here at FST we are about 500 feet higher than the river and all the rocks here have sea shells in them. I love to show my customers this and ask them how they think they got here.

Pappy
02-17-2004, 08:17 AM
ahhh man i didnt wanna get drug into this:rolleyes:

i have talked with preachers , men of god etc. they have always tried to get me to come into church and worship god. i tell them my take on it and they dont ask no more.

and what is my take?

well i see god everday, i talk with him every day. ive read the bible. i try and live a decent honest life and in the end i pray that my soul will be delivered to god's kingdom where i can find peace.

with that said, i dont feel i have to enter a manmade structure once a week to make my life complete. i surely dont hand over my money in a collection plate in the name of god and i wont tell others they should seek out god in any other way that I feel is right.

do i believe in god? yes. i see him and his work everyday wether its in the smile of a small child , the warm rays of sunshine on my back or the smell of the earth when im out for a walk. to me thats gods work.

wilkin250r
02-17-2004, 08:31 AM

And there are lots of engine builders, each one claiming an advantage over others, so they must all be wrong. In fact, the entire process of building up your engine to increase power must be false.

wilkin250r
02-17-2004, 08:40 AM
Originally posted by Pappy

with that said, i dont feel i have to enter a manmade structure once a week to make my life complete. i surely dont hand over my money in a collection plate in the name of god and i wont tell others they should seek out god in any other way that I feel is right.

When you see that person on the side of the road, and you stop to help them, you feel good. It feels right. I don't get that same feeling from putting money into a collection plate. If it doesn't feel right, if I don't feel good about it, then that's probably not what I'm supposed to be doing.

Dunlap
02-17-2004, 08:41 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Pappy
[B]ahhh man i didnt wanna get drug into this:rolleyes:

i have talked with preachers , men of god etc. they have always tried to get me to come into church and worship god. i tell them my take on it and they dont ask no more.

and what is my take?

well i see god everday, i talk with him every day. ive read the bible. i try and live a decent honest life and in the end i pray that my soul will be delivered to god's kingdom where i can find peace.

Thats all good but it will not get you to heaven. It's like this, if FST gives you a check for $100,000 to day and you know it's good but you never take it to the bank and cash it what good is it to you? The same thing goes with God, He is offering you life for ever with Him, but you have to except what His Son did on the cross for you. Simply believing the check is good won't cut it. Satan beleives Jesus is the Son of God, do you think he is going to heaven? It's real simple, if you beleive in you heart and you asked to be save He will, and it doesn't matter who you are or what you have done He will forgive you. If you do this you don't have to wait for heaven to have peace

:D

Dunlap
02-17-2004, 08:45 AM
And there are lots of engine builders, each one claiming an advantage over others, so they must all be wrong. In fact, the entire process of building up your engine to increase power must be false.

Hey know we are getting a little to close to home here.:)

Pappy
02-17-2004, 08:46 AM
i hear what your sayin,

but i cant bring myself to belive mans word over what i feel is gods word. in you example above with the check, the preacher would be you telling me the check is good. me taking the check to the bank (heaven) and finding out it bounced would be a bad thing:p

now, i believe in god and what his son died for without question, but i stand at heavens gates with that check , written on gods bank and if its no good then there will be thunder :devil: the middle man (the church) isnt going to cover the check heaven has wrote:)

Dunlap
02-17-2004, 08:56 AM
i hear what your sayin,

but i cant bring myself to belive mans word over what i feel is gods word. in you example above with the check, the preacher would be you telling me the check is good. me taking the check to the bank (heaven) and finding out it bounced would be a bad thing:p

now, i believe in god and what his son died for without question, but i stand at heavens gates with that check , written on gods bank and if its no good then there will be thunder :devil: the middle man (the church) isnt going to cover the check heaven has wrote:)

The check is good but if you don't go to the bank you will never know.

Pappy
02-17-2004, 08:58 AM

exactly, and even if i didnt believe in god id have to cover the bases just incase:p

Samson
02-17-2004, 09:08 AM

I'm getting lost here. Help me out. Cause it kinda sounds like you're saying you have to go to church to be saved? :confused:

Dunlap
02-17-2004, 09:51 AM
I'm getting lost here. Help me out. Cause it kinda sounds like you're saying you have to go to church to be saved? :confused:

No you don't have to go to church or tithe, but you will want to after your saved. I don't go to church but I want to,just haven't found one yet. I do tithe because God says to, and I don't want to rob Him. If the church I tithe to doesn't do the right thing with the offering thats on them. I don't just give it to any one anyway I give it to the church I feel feeds me spiritually and has a good mission feild.

Samson
02-17-2004, 09:54 AM

Just not sure if he meant the "bank" is Christ or the church?

Didn't mean to run anybody off.

Pappy, if you pray and ask, he will lead you in certain directions. I know that for a fact. Sounds like you know it too. I think you are on the right path my friend! I go to church almost every week, but never feel as close to God as I do when I'm outdoors appreciating and giving thanks for his creation or looking into the eyes of my children.

Nowhere in the bible does it say you have to go to church, just says that Christ loves the church. I think of going as a way to honor him.

Samson
02-17-2004, 09:57 AM
No you don't have to go to church or tithe, but you will want to after your saved. I don't go to church but I want to,just haven't found one yet. I do tithe because God says to, and I don't want to rob Him. If the church I tithe to doesn't do the right thing with the offering thats on them. I don't just give it to any one anyway I give it to the church I feel feeds me spiritually and has a good mission feild.

Sorry, my bad!

jtej
02-17-2004, 10:03 AM
In advance sorry if some of this stuff doesn't make sense...have a lot of thoughts i want to put down.

To me arguing/debating/discussing religion is much like talking about abortion or capital punishment or whatever. Each person has there own opinions on how things are and it is nearly impossible to sway them one way or the other on these subjects.

On that note, I previously stated that i do go to church, but only to appease my parents and grandparents yet i look at it now from a different point of view.

Everyone needs/wants someone to look up to and base themselves upon. This is basic human nature, we always strive to be bigger and better. The image of God as being the perfect being gives these people someone to base their lives upon. Also the images of Heaven and Hell are set there as goals for those who are living a good live to work towards and those who live a corrupt life to be seperated so as to not corrupt the righteous.

Looking at the bible in a logical/critical point of view has made me wonder. The bible was not written by God or any form of him. Rather it was passed down through the church and word of mouth and not written down till a few hundred years later. As with any story passed down through the generations, details are lost and some stuff was added to make it more interesting, more politically correct for the time, more colorful or whatever. Look at the bible in the past few years. I have seen/heard the changes that are being made to make the bible more "politically correct" so as to not offend any one. If this has happend in the past few years, what all changes have occured in the past 2000 years?

ok i have to go to class now....more to come.

Jonesy

Admin
02-17-2004, 10:11 AM
I have an open account, so give me that $100,000 check :D

Actually, I figured this thread wouldn't last, but I am very pleased that everyone has given his/her point of view without bashing another.

It amazing that the a big reason why people settled in North America was to have religous freedom. Since then, Millions of people have died and will continue to die over their religous beliefs. The word "Religion" stirs so much emotion in people. Most feel that their view point or practice is the correct one, and the others are wrong. No one truely knows which one is right or wrong, but most are willing to die for their version.

The conflicts overseas between the Muslims and Jews are over religous beliefs, and the terrorist attack Americans in the name of their religion.

It is a shame that we can't just get along and worship the God we want without judgement from others. Also, those that choose not to worship shouldn't be judged either by Man.

I have my beliefs that I will teach my children, and it will be up to them as adults to choose to continue to beleive in the same faith or not at all. I have my version of faith, but I don't judge others that don't have my point of view.

If Man could be more open to accept everyone for who they are regardless of Religion or Race, the world would be a better place.

WOW, I have said more than I ever expected.

QuadJunkies
02-17-2004, 10:23 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by EXriders Admin
[B] Actually, I figured this thread wouldn't last, but I am very pleased that everyone has given his/her point of view without bashing another.

I figured the same.......:)

It is a shame that we can't just get along and worship the God we want without judgement from others. Also, those that choose not to worship shouldn't be judged either by Man.

Agreed.....;)

Samson
02-17-2004, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by jtej
Looking at the bible in a logical/critical point of view has made me wonder. The bible was not written by God or any form of him. Rather it was passed down through the church and word of mouth and not written down till a few hundred years later. As with any story passed down through the generations, details are lost and some stuff was added to make it more interesting, more politically correct for the time, more colorful or whatever. Look at the bible in the past few years. I have seen/heard the changes that are being made to make the bible more "politically correct" so as to not offend any one. If this has happend in the past few years, what all changes have occured in the past 2000 years?

http://www.carm.org/evidence/gospels_written.htm

"None of the gospels mention the destruction of the Jewish temple in 70 A.D. This is significant because Jesus had prophesied concerning the temple when He said "As for these things which you are looking at, the days will come in which there will not be left one stone upon another which will not be torn down," (Luke 21:5, see also Matt. 24:1; Mark 13:1). This prophecy was fulfilled in 70 A.D. when the Romans sacked Jerusalem and burned the temple. The gold in the temple melted down between the stone walls and the Romans took the walls apart, stone by stone, to get the gold. Such an obvious fulfillment of Jesus' prophecy most likely would have been recorded as such by the gospel writers who were fond of mentioning fulfillment of prophecy if they had been written after 70 A.D. Also, if the gospels were fabrications of mythical events then anything to bolster the Messianic claims -- such as the destruction of the temple as Jesus said -- would surely have been included. But, it was not included suggesting that the gospels (at least Matthew, Mark, and Luke) were written before 70 A.D."

Also, what version of the bible are you referring to? Most have been debated until the accuracy was agreed upon. I've seen notes of clarification, but they always stated the original text too.

LTandRaptorider
02-17-2004, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
[QUOTE]Originally posted by EXriders Admin
[B] Actually, I figured this thread wouldn't last, but I am very pleased that everyone has given his/her point of view without bashing another.

I figured the same.......:)

Agreed.....;) :p

Amen sister!
:p

I quit going to church because I got tired of getting burned by the holy water... :confused:

QuadJunkies
02-17-2004, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by LTandRaptorider

Amen sister!

I quit going to church because I got tired of getting burned by the holy water... :confused: LMAO!!!!!!!!!!:p :devil: it must have been the Devil in ya?;)

redrunner
02-17-2004, 10:34 AM
Holy cow! oops.
Something cow, this thread is still going?:cool:

jtej
02-17-2004, 11:00 AM

Also, what version of the bible are you referring to? Most have been debated until the accuracy was agreed upon. I've seen notes of clarification, but they always stated the original text too.

I am not refering to any specific text. I was stating that through the progression of time meaning have been lost in translation and stories embelished. When king james had the bible translated into english, i am sure that it was not copied word for word. Rather it was generalized in some parts, meanings lost, edited for one reason or another.

If my facts are off please let me know, as i have done no research in this field. All i am drawing from is my history class, personal experiences and my way of thinking.

Jonesy

PHIL_B54
02-17-2004, 11:04 AM

ive always wondered the same thing

i wish i was more educated in this, so i could add something usefull

Pappy
02-17-2004, 11:11 AM
I am not refering to any specific text. I was stating that through the progression of time meaning have been lost in translation and stories embelished. When king james had the bible translated into english, i am sure that it was not copied word for word. \

actually i read recently that they had proven an inaccuracy relating to the 3 wisemen bearing gifts at the birth of christ. its is purported that these "men" were infact women. i can believe that because why would 3 men go to a baby shower:p

lil400exman
02-17-2004, 11:19 AM
http://www.carm.org/evidence/gospels_written.htm

"None of the gospels mention the destruction of the Jewish temple in 70 A.D. This is significant because Jesus had prophesied concerning the temple when He said "As for these things which you are looking at, the days will come in which there will not be left one stone upon another which will not be torn down," (Luke 21:5, see also Matt. 24:1; Mark 13:1). This prophecy was fulfilled in 70 A.D. when the Romans sacked Jerusalem and burned the temple. The gold in the temple melted down between the stone walls and the Romans took the walls apart, stone by stone, to get the gold. Such an obvious fulfillment of Jesus' prophecy most likely would have been recorded as such by the gospel writers who were fond of mentioning fulfillment of prophecy if they had been written after 70 A.D. Also, if the gospels were fabrications of mythical events then anything to bolster the Messianic claims -- such as the destruction of the temple as Jesus said -- would surely have been included. But, it was not included suggesting that the gospels (at least Matthew, Mark, and Luke) were written before 70 A.D."

samson what religion are you?:confused:

MOFO
02-17-2004, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by EXriders Admin
I have an open account, so give me that $100,000 check :D

Actually, I figured this thread wouldn't last, but I am very pleased that everyone has given his/her point of view without bashing another.

I cant agree more. I've seen these topics on so many other boards and this is by far the most "civil" discussion.

Its interesting to see everyones view and see why they stand by them.

02-17-2004, 12:05 PM
Are you kidding me, don't play with us like that:eek2:

Its true Mickey. My future wife wanted to get aloped (SP?) but I said no. Even though the wedding will now cost several thousand more by having it in a church followed by a reception I wanted to be married in the Lords house no matter what.:cool:

PS..I seen you at the dealer show and was about to walk over and say Hi. Turned around and you were gone, guess I"ll meet you someplace else one day..:D

Samson
02-17-2004, 12:18 PM
I am not refering to any specific text. I was stating that through the progression of time meaning have been lost in translation and stories embelished. When king james had the bible translated into english, i am sure that it was not copied word for word. Rather it was generalized in some parts, meanings lost, edited for one reason or another.

If my facts are off please let me know, as i have done no research in this field. All i am drawing from is my history class, personal experiences and my way of thinking.

Jonesy

Jonesy, you have to remember it was a group of people doing the translations. I'm going by memory here so I hope I do it justice. The translators had to be in accord and get it approved by the church prior to the final version of the King James. I think the manuscripts you heard about in history were the oldest known existing written documents. Doesn't mean they were the first. Copies of those manuscripts still exist and are available for everyone to see. If there were discrepencies, it would have accured prior to those manuscripts being written. BUT, remember who you are dealing with. The guys took the bible very literally. They believed themselves cursed if anything was changed or added. Don't you think they took painstaking measures to make sure that didn't happen. It was too important to these guys. Many were persecuted or lost their lives for their beliefs. As far as modern translations go, well I'm not saying that a thee didn't get changed to a thou, but there is no way that the content changes meaning without causing a major uproar.

And for the question of what religion am I? Simply Christian. I believe in the bible. I don't believe it's a blind faith, if you simply take the time to look.

jtej
02-17-2004, 12:53 PM
Yeah Sampson i see what you are saying. I didn't think about it like that. The thing about the bible is that can't/shouldn't take everything literally. I have been shown some scriptures, and the implied meanings were completely different than those taken at face value.

I may be a little ignorant on the issue right now but as i see it, the bible is nothing more than an elaborate guide/story book on how you should live your life, nothing more nothing less. Whether it was written then religion came of it or religion was invented and the bible was written for the followers, i'm not sure.

On another note:
Has anyone read The Da Vinci Code?

spincr4hire
02-17-2004, 12:56 PM

so have you stopped drinking yet? :o

Crazy4bluEx
02-17-2004, 05:50 PM
quote:
I'm a firm believer in the Lord and his son Jesus Christ. I also go to church every sunday when I'm not racing or riding.

I was waiting for this :eek2: :p

i am an atheist now, and i was a "forced" catholic when i was younger. I have certain problems with organized religion that brought me to my current state. I do respect anyone's religious opinion though. I've met catholics, jews, hindu's, christians, and atheist's... some good, some bad.... too many religions, and too many conflicting factors for it to all be true in my mind:cool:

MOFO
02-17-2004, 06:23 PM

On another note:
Has anyone read The Da Vinci Code?

nope, but I've been looking at it as an eBook.... is it good?

bigboy03
02-17-2004, 06:53 PM
ahhh man i didnt wanna get drug into this:rolleyes:

and what is my take?

do i believe in god? yes. i see him and his work everyday wether its in the smile of a small child , the warm rays of sunshine on my back or the smell of the earth when im out for a walk. to me thats gods work.

Hey Pappy, I agree with you totally! Good take on the whole thing.:macho

lol
02-17-2004, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by flyin#5
*raises hand* :p

same here

bigboy03
02-17-2004, 07:24 PM
so have you stopped drinking yet? :o

whats drinking beer got to do with all this, lol. doesn't the Bible say something about "be merry" spread the joy, oh maybe thats the "word", lol oh it said to "rejoice", that's it...yeah. :D :macho

310Rduner
02-18-2004, 01:47 AM

Hey Mofo, I picked up Hyperspace yesterday. By page 8 I was like :eek: :eek2: Even on page 8 you are already convinced of it, I can't believe what an amazing writer Kaku is. I just finished the section on Tesserects. I'm totally up for discussions on this as I read through it if you feel like it. I can't stop talking about this book and its theories, its just absolutely mesmerizing. The tesseract actually sent a chill down my spine:) So far this is the most interesting thing I have ever read about, even among other physics theories. I think it is going to my list of favorite books for sure, deffinately the most relevatory book I ever ever read thus far.

I can't wait til physics next year.. I'm going to be raising so many questions and topics with my teacher. I know from others that he is incredibly smart for a Highschool physics teacher and I assume on that regard that he also keeps up with current theories; I just hope he is up for some discussions on theoretical physics lol.

ATC Crazy
02-18-2004, 08:00 AM
I'm atheist ;)

Samson
02-18-2004, 08:01 AM
Hey Mofo, I picked up Hyperspace yesterday. By page 8 I was like :eek: :eek2: Even on page 8 you are already convinced of it, I can't believe what an amazing writer Kaku is. I just finished the section on Tesserects. I'm totally up for discussions on this as I read through it if you feel like it. I can't stop talking about this book and its theories, its just absolutely mesmerizing. The tesseract actually sent a chill down my spine:) So far this is the most interesting thing I have ever read about, even among other physics theories. I think it is going to my list of favorite books for sure, deffinately the most relevatory book I ever ever read thus far.

I can't wait til physics next year.. I'm going to be raising so many questions and topics with my teacher. I know from others that he is incredibly smart for a Highschool physics teacher and I assume on that regard that he also keeps up with current theories; I just hope he is up for some discussions on theoretical physics lol.

Yeah, it's pretty amazing that there could be 10 diferent levels of dementias! :D

jtej
02-18-2004, 08:15 AM

I thought it was good book, it is a fictional mystery book but it looks at the facts the bible presents in a different light. It also brings up some kinda interesting points and ideas. It is a quick read and if get the time is worth it.

Jonesy

310Rduner
02-18-2004, 11:55 AM
Yeah, it's pretty amazing that there could be 10 diferent levels of dementias! :D

Yeah:D

Is that a play on words :grr: or a typo?:p

Samson
02-18-2004, 12:30 PM
Yeah:D

Is that a play on words :grr: or a typo?:p

Feeble attempt at being funny. Interesting but sounds a little too Star Trek for me. Who knows?

Sandgod4
02-29-2004, 07:32 PM
Religion = War...

sleestack68
02-29-2004, 09:43 PM
Amen to that Sandgod.

H0nDo
02-29-2004, 10:04 PM
back to the point of this post......

i strongly believe in god......
i usually go to church but not much anymore......we have a new minister that im not a fan of......this is why i think that organised religion is a joke......pastors only tell you what you wanna hear.....i have never heard a sermon about the book of revlation(sp)?
i have a strong faith that doesnt need a pastor to tell me BS......whether or not you go to church has nothing to do with your faith

VIC
03-01-2004, 12:42 AM
I believe in God but I'm not totally convinced, simply because of all the religons out there. There where people here before a bible and Christ is there no heaven or hell for them? and I'm sure theres people in some places that'll never know what a bible is do they still have to go by the same rules?

batgeek
03-01-2004, 01:21 AM
man can survive without God.

God can not survive without man.

relatively simple huh? :D

sickmojave
03-01-2004, 05:37 AM
man can survive without God.

relatively simple huh? :D

Can you prove that?:eek:

redrunner
03-01-2004, 07:06 AM
Originally posted by sickmojave
Can you prove that?:eek:

:confused:

wilkin250r
03-01-2004, 02:47 PM

If I throw an apple up into the air, but then I shut my eyes, does the the apple dissapear? If I ignore it, it cannot possibly come back down and hit me in the head?

That's like saying "If all of us ignore batgeek, he will cease to exist" True, while none of us may hear what you have to say, it doesn't mean "poof" you're gone. You're still a person, and you still exist whether or not we choose to listen to you.

hondafox440
03-01-2004, 03:05 PM
What he's saying is God is just a figment of out imagination. An idea. There is no hard evidence of God - I can't reach out and physically touch him. If something only exists in our minds, and we choose not to believe in it - it is gone. It's not like I can wish the apple away, regardless if I believe in it or not it is still there..

wilkin250r
03-01-2004, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by hondafox440
What he's saying is God is just a figment of out imagination. An idea. There is no hard evidence of God - I can't reach out and physically touch him. If something only exists in our minds, and we choose not to believe in it - it is gone. It's not like I can wish the apple away, regardless if I believe in it or not it is still there..

Again, this is a matter of perception and opinion. For those people that DO believe in God, he's not just a figment. He is only "make-believe" for those that don't believe.

If you have no arms, so therefore you cannot "touch" the apple, does it make it any less real? If you are blind, does that mean the sun does not exist, simply because you cannot see it or believe it? Just because a person chooses not to believe in God, or cannot hear his voice, it doesn't mean that God does not exist.

sandspanker
03-01-2004, 07:43 PM
:) yes I believe in god,heven,and hell I go to church every now and then. I mostly bow my head just befor a NASCAR RACE.

DirtyGirl
03-01-2004, 08:01 PM
Sorry, I'm a non-believer. One thing I will say that has always kinda bothered me about being an atheist...

You'll never hear an atheist tell a believer that they will die a horrible death, or anything remotely resembling that kind of statement; and yet I've been told countless times by believers that because of my choice, I'm going to "burn in hell." Just makes you feel so special about the good values that the church installs in its followers doesn't it?

Got nads?
03-01-2004, 08:41 PM

That scientists name is Steven Hawking

SRH
03-01-2004, 08:47 PM
im beginning to bleive religon and religous people are evil, no flame to anyone...i just for some reason beginning to think its true, i refuse to ever be involved with church or anything, priest are pudding pounders....look at how strong religous people act towards others, yeah w/e i dont even care to try to get into religon

AZblaster44
03-01-2004, 09:16 PM
I am in no way religious, I do believe or like to believe that there is SOMETHING like a god but not really a god(need sumthin to blame when stuff happens:D j/p)

I avoid things that have to do with church with the exception of funerals and weddings....large groups of people who all follow one set of rules, have one thing(in this case a bible or other religious book) to base their beliefs on bugs me, kinda reminds me of a cult:rolleyes: but in no way do i segregate againts people who have religion it's their choice and its fine with me aslong as they dont try and push it on me:)