PDA

View Full Version : Banshees

AndrewRRR
02-15-2004, 03:01 AM
We've got TRX450, YFZ450, KFX/LTZ400, etc categories. How about a banshee one? Or at least break it up by manufacturer instead of by model.
I just know there are quite a few banshee owners on this site.
Let's have an informal head count!!! If you own a banshee stand up and be recognized!

lol
02-15-2004, 09:06 AM
Originally posted by AndrewRRR
We've got TRX450, YFZ450, KFX/LTZ400, etc categories. How about a banshee one? Or at least break it up by manufacturer instead of by model.
I just know there are quite a few banshee owners on this site.
Let's have an informal head count!!! If you own a banshee stand up and be recognized!

i agree with u, there should be sections by manufacturers

RabidPitWeasle
02-15-2004, 09:36 AM
I got two Banshee's 99'-92'. This is EXRiders mostly a Honda site pretty much, I think you'all should mabey leave it how it is, there are plenty of yamaha sites out there. The -Other ATV Information- forum works just fine..NOT STARTING AN AURGUMENT OR ANYTHING:D
just my opinion:)

Out_Sider
02-15-2004, 11:47 AM
i think there should be a forum for banshee's, and predators, and even a 250r forum...there still raced arent they!?

AndrewRRR
02-15-2004, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by RabidPitWeasle
I got two Banshee's 99'-92'. This is EXRiders mostly a Honda site pretty much, I think you'all should mabey leave it how it is, there are plenty of yamaha sites out there. The -Other ATV Information- forum works just fine..NOT STARTING AN AURGUMENT OR ANYTHING:D
just my opinion:)

I agree that it's mostly a honda site, hence the name EXriders. And yes there is banshee HQ and Bluetraxx. But I like this site best even though i have quads by 3 different manufacturers. I think a banshee section would be a nice addition, and would make the site better since there used to be quite a few banshee questions in the "other" category.
I know you aren't starting an argument, but IMO telling people to take their banshee questions to another site is like telling a customer to go away and buy from your competitor.

CHAUNCY
02-15-2004, 04:14 PM
I'm all for it. I am building a banshee right now and think it would be pretty neat to have a banshee forum:)

AndrewRRR
02-16-2004, 06:38 PM
Just an aside; I didn't intend for anybody to vote against it since having one wouldn't affect anything else on the site, but it looks like you have to have at least 2 categories to have a poll. I was just wondering how many people would be in favor, not hold a contest. :)

zephead400ex
02-17-2004, 10:38 AM
I dont think it is a bad idea. Breaking up the forums by manufacture will allow more specfic questions to be placed in the correct forums, IMO. I did vote to have a new forum, but I don't own a Shee:D

later

ledofthezep
02-17-2004, 02:48 PM
Sounds fair. I own both soo...:o
:D

Toadz400
02-17-2004, 08:02 PM
I would like to see a Banshee section. It'd be really helpful to me when I'm trying to fix something on my shee, because BansheeHQ takes so long to reply and I don't know about if they can be counted on or not. EXRiders seem to respond so much more quicker and are a lot easier to deal with. I think it'd do a lot to promote the site (Even though we don't really need to promote it...).

86350x
02-18-2004, 03:25 AM
I vote yes, It's always good to hear from fellow banshee owners.
Pluss we could learn about and share eachothers machine setups.

:cool:

I can't believe almost as many people that voted yes, have voted no:huh

TheWolf
02-18-2004, 07:49 PM
I see yor point ,but you would only be able to get mostly general info from here though. Not saying anyone doesn't know much , but it is a HONDA site. People are concentrating on their honda's. It would be like going to yamaha site and asking what the best pipe/jetting/shocks/whatever is the best for a 400ex, probably wouldn't get much of a response. More of "I have a friend that liked/didn't like that product" and that's about it.

Not saying it wouldn't be nice to get others view point ,but don't know how much help it would really be.

AndrewRRR
02-18-2004, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by TheWolf
I see yor point ,but you would only be able to get mostly general info from here though. Not saying anyone doesn't know much , but it is a HONDA site. People are concentrating on their honda's. It would be like going to yamaha site and asking what the best pipe/jetting/shocks/whatever is the best for a 400ex, probably wouldn't get much of a response. More of "I have a friend that liked/didn't like that product" and that's about it.

Not saying it wouldn't be nice to get others view point ,but don't know how much help it would really be.

I wouldn't be so sure about that. I know a fair amount about them and am learning more every day.
It's not like i'm proposing on changing this to a banshee site or calling it SheeRiders.com, just throw in a little category for them so all the banshee related topics are grouped together and easy to find. Same reason we have Powertrain, Suspension, etc. categories.
There are a lot of people that have Hondas as well as Banshees, i'm one of them.
As for going to a yamaha site and asking honda questions, yes you probably wouldn't get much of a response in the main area, but i bet you'd get one if they had a Honda section for the honda owners on the site to share info.

ledofthezep
02-20-2004, 10:36 AM
There are a lot of people that have Hondas as well as Banshees, i'm one of them.
As for going to a yamaha site and asking honda questions, yes you probably wouldn't get much of a response in the main area, but i bet you'd get one if they had a Honda section for the honda owners on the site to share info.

I most definately agree...my thoughts exactly. The Banshee has been around & has earned its keep, just like the EX has. Many people have them; I like both Honda and Yamaha, as well as many others. I also enjoy learning & finding out more on all different types & breeds of atv's in general. If there's a banshee section, it's that much easier to track related info down, just like with all the others. I was on this site long before I got my EX & I just had a banshee. I didn't bad-mouth honda owners, rather I learned about them more & more and gained a fairly good knowledge base before I even got my EX. Just because it's a primarily Honda site doesn't mean that ONLY Honda owners should be on here...that's obsurd, granted there will be those who give people **** because they have something other than a Honda,...but go to a yamaha or suzuki etc. site & the same thing will happen. I'm proud to own a 400EX and also a Banshee, the best of 2 different worlds if ya ask me.:p Hell, I even own a VW powered sandrail, why not put up a section for buggies?...same concept basically(not honda, but many peopel have them and/or are interested in them). And I know there's people on here with knowledge of banshee's, why not give them a place to give their input when requested? A lot of people on here come here to talk about ATV's, not always necessarily Honda's....they come to this site for info because it's obvious with this many people subscribed; there's bound to be someone out there who can help you out with a problem or question about an ATV, not just Honda's.

Just my opinion, this is a great site & there's a lot of good people on here. Banshee section or not; I'll still be around.;)

Mr.Offroad
02-25-2004, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by RabidPitWeasle
just my opinion:) I'm with Weasle. There's Bluetraxx for the Yamaha owners. I have a Raptor, and I go there when I have a question. Keep EXriders Honda, I say.

AndrewRRR
02-26-2004, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by Mr.Offroad
I'm with Weasle. There's Bluetraxx for the Yamaha owners. I have a Raptor, and I go there when I have a question. Keep EXriders Honda, I say.

Well, I think we all know how much Bluetraxx sucks! lol
It's like preschool

SadisticShee
02-27-2004, 12:04 PM
I Have a SHee but i really don't care if there is a section for banshees or not. Thats what i got Bluetraxx for....

86350x
03-02-2004, 02:17 AM
The bluetraxx banshee section isn't that bad. Most of the time your questions will get answered.

Banshee hq is the place to go with banshee questions, it's a good sight. Some people tell you to use the search a bit too much.

I'd still like to see a banshee section here also.

SadisticShee
03-02-2004, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by AndrewRRR
Well, I think we all know how much Bluetraxx sucks! lol
It's like preschool
HEY WATCH IT! :mad:

AndrewRRR
03-02-2004, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by SadisticShee
HEY WATCH IT! :mad:

haha.
Hey ever site has it's preschoolers. Luckily the banshee forum isn't nearly as bad as the blaster one.